MAC Refined Golden

4.1

A lot of people said this made them look "ruddy", "orangey", or "dirty", but on my C2 complexion, it just made me look healthy. Healthy, radiant, and glowing.
It wasn't a glitterbomb, it was subtle. It highlighted my cheekbones, and really gave my face dimension and color.
Plus, the packaging is very sleek and portable, so it's easy to take with you on the go, and the golden color is very, very gorgeous.
BUT it stayed on for like 10 minutes before wearing off. Not cool at ALL.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Refined Golden is a dirty brown with this golden shimmer that is noticeable in the pan but hardly detectable used on the skin. Its nice for a sun-kissed look and good for contouring with this bronzer it is so easy to create sculpted cheeks. Decent pigmentation too, too much would definitely make me end up looking dirty. To make it look natural on my cheeks, I use my Bdellium tools contour brush. Medium and darker skintones can use this bronzer no problem. Lighter skintones with a warm undertone and application with a light hand can apply this bronzer too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank you to the lovely SA who told me to use this instead of pink undertoned blushes. I had no idea I was cool toned and adding pink to my face makes it 10 times worse. This stuff looks super dark in the pan, but on my face gives an awesome healthy glow. I was unsure at first and almost swapped away, then I saw pictures of me using this and kept it, I am so glad I didn't swap!

Lucky for me, I didn't have to buy this. A woman my dad went on a date with left this in his car and she never called back so he gave it to me lol. This bronzer did not work for me at all, it is just a glitter bomb! Maybe my skintone isn't right for this (NW20), because it turned me a ruddy orange color- not pretty! I can't say much for the price since I didn't buy it, knowing MAC this probably isn't too outrageous. Benefit Hoola worked 100 times better for me. Even Rimmel's sunbronzer performed better than this one (on my skin at least) and that one is only like $4 at the drugstore. The finish was not natural at all even when I applied it with a very light hand. I like my bronzer to look fairly neutral. I just want it to add warmth to my face and not scream "I'm wearing bronzer!!" Unfortunately, this product did just that. So if you're skin tone is darker and you like shimmer, this may be a good fit for you.
Nice packaging though, that's one pro!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this. This has the most gorgeous color ever!!
I looks awesome with my tanned skin, enhances my tan in the most beautiful way. Its the best contour i have owned till date.
BUT this BREAKS ME OUT like nothing else.
I never wanted to accept this is the culprit.. so i changed my sunscreen, blamed my cleanser... i Googled if its breaking out other people...
but in the end i cant use this anymore...
I mean I wanna look beautifully bronzed but not at the cost of cystic acne.
I do have oily skin and have some breakouts here and there, but never did i get cystic acne before!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favourite bronzers (and i must own 50 bronzers at least!) it is a good standard colour for my nc 35 skin, i mean it works in the summer but also winter. It is not too shimmery so very wearable! i just bought a back up as it is one of the best bronzers i've came accross!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This looks peachy brown on my NC25ish complexion. I don't use it as a bronzer but more of a blush. Other then that, I do like it and it lasts pretty much all day on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

love this product, amazing bronzer but not a contouring product, its too shimmery, and a tiny tiny bit orangey. i wouldn't repurchase this only for the reason that it made me realized how much i like matte bronzers. i dont know if the one i have is different between refined gold and refined golden (mine is labelled differently, as its from the hey sailor collection)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a big staple in my everyday routine. This bronzer gives me the perfect contour. I have olive fair-medium skin.

edit: had to take off 2 lippies because of the devolpment of cystic acne.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I loooooove this bronzer! Its the best I`ve ever tried. It looks very natural like you been out in the sun. And it`s not orange at all, it has a little tint of terracotta but it only makes this look better. I tried Mac skinfinish medium deep and chanel universal bronzer and refined golden is so far my favourite. It has a little liiittle glitter/sparkel in it that makes my skin look glowing.

Popular Bronzers