September 16, 2014 | 1776 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Refined Golden

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by rebekah1764

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lucky for me, I didn't have to buy this. A woman my dad went on a date with left this in his car and she never called back so he gave it to me lol. This bronzer did not work for me at all, it is just a glitter bomb! Maybe my skintone isn't right for this (NW20), because it turned me a ruddy orange color- not pretty! I can't say much for the price since I didn't buy it, knowing MAC this probably isn't too outrageous. Benefit Hoola worked 100 times better for me. Even Rimmel's sunbronzer performed better than this one (on my skin at least) and that one is only like $4 at the drugstore. The finish was not natural at all even when I applied it with a very light hand. I like my bronzer to look fairly neutral. I just want it to add warmth to my face and not scream "I'm wearing bronzer!!" Unfortunately, this product did just that. So if you're skin tone is darker and you like shimmer, this may be a good fit for you.
Nice packaging though, that's one pro!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by thenaturediva

I really wanted to love this. This has the most gorgeous color ever!!
I looks awesome with my tanned skin, enhances my tan in the most beautiful way. Its the best contour i have owned till date.
BUT this BREAKS ME OUT like nothing else.
I never wanted to accept this is the culprit.. so i changed my sunscreen, blamed my cleanser... i Googled if its breaking out other people...
but in the end i cant use this anymore...
I mean I wanna look beautifully bronzed but not at the cost of cystic acne.
I do have oily skin and have some breakouts here and there, but never did i get cystic acne before!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

One of my favourite bronzers (and i must own 50 bronzers at least!) it is a good standard colour for my nc 35 skin, i mean it works in the summer but also winter. It is not too shimmery so very wearable! i just bought a back up as it is one of the best bronzers i've came accross!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

This looks peachy brown on my NC25ish complexion. I don't use it as a bronzer but more of a blush. Other then that, I do like it and it lasts pretty much all day on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by taro8920

love this product, amazing bronzer but not a contouring product, its too shimmery, and a tiny tiny bit orangey. i wouldn't repurchase this only for the reason that it made me realized how much i like matte bronzers. i dont know if the one i have is different between refined gold and refined golden (mine is labelled differently, as its from the hey sailor collection)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

This is a big staple in my everyday routine. This bronzer gives me the perfect contour. I have olive fair-medium skin.

edit: had to take off 2 lippies because of the devolpment of cystic acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Kristin84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loooooove this bronzer! Its the best I`ve ever tried. It looks very natural like you been out in the sun. And it`s not orange at all, it has a little tint of terracotta but it only makes this look better. I tried Mac skinfinish medium deep and chanel universal bronzer and refined golden is so far my favourite. It has a little liiittle glitter/sparkel in it that makes my skin look glowing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by zuba84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I purchased this a few weeks ago, even tho I have a bronzer Im very fond of, bc although I like my other bronzer Ive noticed sometimes a get a pimple or two after using is and wasnt sure if thats just me or the brand so I figured Id go with Mac since its such a great brand. I was nervous about the color when I saw it in the compact but I thought Id try anyway. Well I havent had a chance to use until today, I have been under the weather for two weeks and my skin is starting to have that pale/ washed out look that comes with being sick. Since I had to go to work today I thought Id try this to perk myself up and it seriously worked...I actually got complemented on my skin! lol. Color looked great and wasnt sparkly like it looked in compact. Only reason I didnt give 5 is not sure yet since I only used once if I will get pimples or not so will def repost and update about that. Gorgeous and natural color tho and if it could make me look good on a day like today it must work miracles!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by gillybean604

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful. Beautiful. Love it. The makeup artist at the counter recommended this to me for my (tanned) skin tone. A little goes a long way and it's easy to build up. I use it to contour my cheekbones but if I'm lazy, I just sweep it across my cheeks. Gives a nice natural looking glow every time. It's a bit pricey (around $30CAD) but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by followyourfancy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite bronzer, ever! I bought it back last summer with the To The Beach collection, so the packaging is uber cute, but I believe it is also part of the permaniant line. The flecks of gold glimmer make me feel girly, but don't leave an overbearing trace on your face. This bronzer isn't muddy, and not too dark. I use it for contouring my cheekbones, and it always looks natural!