Chanel Gentle BiPhase Eye Makeup Remover

4.2

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine

on 2/23/2013 3:57:00 PM

Love this product. Like just about all Chanel beauty products, it delivers what it promises. Gentle, yet effective, even on waterproof makeup. Leaves the eyes clean, never oily, or dried out. Will keep re-buying.

on 1/13/2013 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great Product slightly oily but removes eye makeup easily and quickly. Very gentle! no stinging or burning! Only downfall is the price!

on 9/10/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Holy... this is expensive. But it works! I've used Lancome and Clinique ones previously and this trumps them all.

on 8/8/2012 7:58:00 PM

It is so gentle and doesn't feel like my skin is dried out after applying it. I love how it's a combination of oil and remover. It's a pretty big container too so for me it lasts quite awhile.

on 7/30/2012 5:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was recommended to try this product, from a friend who had it recommended to her by a friend.

This is the most awesome make up remover. It gets everything off really easily, I don't feel like I need to drag on the sensitive skin around my eyes or anything like that and I don't need to use heaps either, which helps soften the blow of the pricetag.

I have also tried lancome bi-facial eye make up remover, but found that left an oily residue, where this doesn't do that at all...

I love this and will be making sure I have a back up always in place, as I do buy it duty free, because it is pretty expensive. I would prefer to buy this at full price, than buy a different brand however. This is a total HG product for me :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Despite the price, this is hands down the best makeup remover I've ever used. Being that it's biphase, it's half eye makeup remover and half oil and you shake it up and apply with a cotton pad. I have a really tough time with eye makeup removers that claim to remove waterproof makeup not really working on my eyes. Chanel biphase removes all my eye makeup with just a couple drops. I usually dampen a cotton pad with water and then add a couple drops of biphase and with one swipe everything is gone. The opening of the bottle is very small and makes it easy to control how much product you need. I've been using biphase for a few years now and I recently ran out and when my local chanel counter was out I picked up make up for ever's sens'eyes and had a major allergic reaction with puffy red painful eyes as a result. Lesson learned, from now on I will make sure not to run out and keep biphase stockpiled! If you have sensitive eyes, this is a really great one to try. I've used clinique, lancome, estee lauder, shiseido among others and Chanel is the most gentle on my eyes and does not leave an oily cast as most of the others did as well as completely removing all traces of makeup. It is a bit pricy, but I do tend to use less than I have in other brands and a bottle of biphase lasts me about a year.

on 7/5/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

this is an awesome product, because it does what it claims. I wear a lot of eye makeup, and my cleanser alone does not get all the junk from my eyes (not even close).This remover gets the job done with one cotton square.

This remover can brake down even the toughest waterproof mascara and liner. BUT On days where i am wearing an excessive amount of eye makeup, i blot on some of the remover and wait a minute so it marinates to brake down all the makeup lol. Then i wash the grime away with soap and water. Because if I just used the Chanel remover and cotton squares alone, on days where i have on thick eye makeup, it would take me three squares to get every bit off. That does not mean it is ineffective or a weak product, its product distribution issue based on the cotton square getting saturated with color even though there is usable remover still on the square (weird wording, it makes sense in my head haha)

All in all it removes tough messes with out irritating my eyes and making my lashes fall off (from rubbing) Does not leave an AS greasy/thick residue as lancome remover, BUT it has a stronger parfume to it. The chanel remover has a strong rose smell to it, which i enjoy but other people may not.

To be frank olive oil will pretty much get you the same result while also promoting lash growth. The only downside is you can irritate your eyes if you use too much olive oil and it gets in your eyes lol

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is really great eye make-up remover. It's bi-phase so you have to shake it up to combine the liquids before use. It removes even waterproof eyeliner and mascara with ease, doesn't leave an oily residue and doesn't make my eyes sore either. It's an HG product for me and IMO much better than often awarded Lancome version.

on 4/15/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the best makeup remover I have used. Gentle on the eyes and does a good job in removing makeup. May have to go over your lashes twice if using waterproof mascara and waterproof liner for tight line.

on 2/26/2012 3:18:00 PM

This is definitely a luxury product and, yes, there are other much cheaper products out there that will do almost the same job. I still buy this one though because 1. I use Chanel for my other skincare products and I'm OCD enough to want everything to be from the same brand 2. I love the fact that this takes off all my eye makeup without leaving an oil slick behind like Lancôme 3. I don't have to scrub to get everything off and 4. This doesn't drip into my eyes and irritate or coat my contacts. I'd say this is worth purchasing if you have sensitive eyes or if you just like a little touch of luxury in your skincare routine.