April 17, 2014 | 1879 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Professionals Humectant Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never thought I'd love a Suave product, but this conditioner is awesome for my hair. I got a huge bottle for under $3 at Walmart. I have hair that goes to my bra strap and is mega thick. I end up using about a golf ball sized amount of conditioner and it always hydrates my thirsty hair. There's enough "slip" in my hair that I can actually run a comb through it in the shower. It has a faint coconut scent, but it is tolerable. As much conditioner as I use, it's very cost-effective to buy this. Will def repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

So here's the scoop on this...
Pros:
-Super soft hair
-Makes hair super manageable
-Moisturizes well
-Rinses well
-Smells great
Cons:
-Too strong smell
-Smell never fades...
-Does nothing in terms of shine

So, I really, really like this conditioner. I personally don't mind the smell, I like to catch wiffs of coconut throughout the day (:. It also gives me super super soft hair, also makes hair very manageable, and, this is a big one for me, rinses really well! It doesn't build up to dull hair either. But, if you don't like the smell of coconuts I would definitely not recommend this. Also, this isn't a problem for me because I use moroccan oil, but it definitely doesn't make my hair any shinier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Suave Humectant Moisture Conditioner as a shave cream & it's much more effective than any other hair conditioner used for this purpose. It seems to really bind on to the hair, making fewer passes necessary & skin is so soft afterward. I love it! It's really cheap too which is another perk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I have a love-hate relationship with this conditioner. I LOVE how super-duper moisturizing it is for me. It leaves my hair smooth and silky. IT HAS WAYYYYYY TOO MUCH FRAGRANCE. Don't get me wrong, I love coconut. This gags me to no end in the shower AND it stays on me all day. It's sweet to the point of sickening. My boss actually smelled it on me the other day and he never notices stuff like this...and he doesn't get all that close to me either. UGH.

I still keep a bottle of this around and reach for it when my hair is crunchy and I need moisture. I wish they would hold back on the scent or make an unscented version.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by LauraElisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite conditioner. I leave it in my hair and it dries to beautiful, glossy ringlets. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product along with the conditioner. I have relaxed hair and it leaves my hair very soft. I also have the shea butter and almond line, but they don't leave my hair as moisturized as this line. I also co-wash with it and it leaves my hair super soft and not frizzy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Lets start out my review by letting you know my hair was fried. I had used two really bad hair dyes (Revlon Colorsilk & Clairol Soy4plex) which left my hair feeling like straw. I was devastated but I was also running out of my crappy TRESemmé shampoo & conditioner and needed a switch (it left me greasy by the beginning of day 2). I went to the store, for some stupid reason, looking for another TRESemmé product. I some how ended up in front of Suave. My boyfriend uses some of their stuff and I did too in the past. A lot of their products compare to high end salon so I decided to check it out. I grabbed this and the Damage Care shampoo. The day after I used it my hair didn't feel like straw but lacked a little something. In other words it isn't as deep conditioning as the Neutrogena Daily Deep conditioner but it's still really good. So the next time I stepped in the shower I used the damage care shampoo, the Neutrogena Daily Deep only on my ends, and then this conditioner on my entire head. My hair came out softer than my virgin hair used to be! Also this didn't leave me greasy until the *end* of day 2 (aka this good stuff is better than TRESemmé). I will forever be using this stuff even when my hair returns back to normal!
Note: did put it as a 4 because alone my hair does not feel like straw with this but it does lack some conditioning "oomph".

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by CaliiSwagg

i love the smell and it leaves my hear soo soft after rinsing it out.
I would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a good moisturizing conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by santanavtaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While my hair was relaxed/chemically processed, this was a really great conditioner. It helped my hair feel really soft, it was a great detangler, and stopped some of my breakage. Plus the smell is really nice.

Now that my hair is natural and there are 100% no chemicals in my hair, this is one of the worst conditioners for me. As soon as I put it on my hair it felt as if it was coating my hair (and not in a good way). That was most likely due to the silicones that are in the conditioner. There was absolutely no slip so I could not detangle my hair. Lastly, after rinsing it out my hair felt heavy, dry, and hay like. That was most likely due to the protein in here.

So I will not purchase this conditioner again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

I just began using this conditioner earlier this week. I've heard good things about the Suave Professionals line, but I've always been skeptical (terrible memories of suave products of childhood...yuck). I picked up a bottle of the Humectant conditioner and have been trying it out. So far, what I can say is that it is a surprisingly thick formula- contrary to the runny stuff I've used in the past that drips right out of my hair. The smell is yummy and fruity- but I know some people hate that (I enjoy it). After leaving it in for a couple minutes in the shower, my hair feels very very soft. I'm wondering if it perhaps makes my fine hair a bit greasy, though.
Not sure if I'll repurchase yet- co-washing with Vo5 has been great in the past and I may return to that system.