New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

Holy Orange, Batman!!! I bought this at Walmart the other day because everyone talks about being great for the fair ladies. I thought I would try it out (thankfully, before getting in the shower) to see if I liked it. When I first applied it, it was orangey in color, but I thought I just needed to blend. No amount of blending kept me from looking like an oompa-loompa.
I think I will just stick to Cover Girl pressed powder in a few shades darker than my skin tone. Why change what works, right?!

on 1/5/2015 9:21:00 PM

This bronzer is decent for $3 CAD. I love that it actually works for warm undertoned girls as well as cool. I was worried about orange-ness when I swatched it on my hand but it looks great on the face. A little bit goes a long way as well, so don't over apply or you'll look orange for sure. Overall, I have zero regrets buying this and it will probably last me forever since I use it so sparingly!

on 12/29/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

After several months of using this product in the spring, summer, fall and winter, I have found this is a great bronzer for the summer month's, when I have a tan. For the record, I have light olive skin that tans with no burning during the summer to a medium warm olive tone.

Method of Application: Spa Resource Pro-Series Stipple Brush

Packaging:

Very generous pan size, I have been using this on and off (approximately twice a week) since April and have only just hit a very small amount of pan (lots of product left). my only beef with the packaging is that due to the plastic that the mirror and lid will break off over time. Thinking that I may try to depot this and put it into a z pallet if possible.

Color/Tone:

Here this is my 50/50 situation with this product. The color is not too orange and makes a great bronzer during the spring/summer. This is a matte product. When I am at my darkest this can almost be a too light, so I do need to build up the color. I do love this for its intended use as a bronzer during the summer, however, I find that once my tan is gone this bronzer pull too much orange/red tones on my skin. This may just be me, As do tend to experience a fair bit of redness during the cooler months. This product is defiantly a bronzer, and unless it is the summer, I find the tones in the product make it far too warm toned to contour with, particularly during the winter when I am at my lightest. I can sometimes get away with using this as a light contour during the summer when I have a tan.

Lasting power:

This powder lasts fairly well on my skin throughout the day, however, I will often touch up at the 6 hour mark, but even without the touch up, this bronzer still lasts on the skin will.

Would I buy again?

Yes I would, during the spring and summer months. I do love the shade of this for a bronzer or a light contour during the summer, however, the color is not as well sutited for me during the months when I am lighter. For you are someone with naturally tanned skin, this may work for you as a bronzer throughout the year. As the color is no longer working for me, I am on hunt the for a more neutral toned powder to contour with during the winter and will pick this up again in the spring/summer.

on 12/1/2014 7:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Great product. I'm very pale all year round and my cheeks tend to get very red so I have to be very carefull with all pigmented things that go on my face like bronzers/blushes/highliters as it is very easy to look stupid. So for me it's hard to find a subtile, natural looking bronzer that I could use everyday. And this one is just perfect. I just lightly bad my brush into it and apply under my cheeck bones. Just enough pigmentation to see that you did some kind of natural looking contouring. Since I'm using very small amounts of it, this package will prob last my whole life (and I don't mind that).

on 11/11/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this bronzer today for the first time and I absolutely loved it! I have pale skin with cool undertones and this bronzer did a great job at contouring without creating a orangey/muddy color on my cheekbones and temples. I was amazed at how well it blended out so smoothly and effortlessly. I also used it to contour my nose (which I normally do as well). It is a great bronzer for contouring or if you just want simple color. After about 5 hours, the bronzer kept in great shape and didnt move or oxidize on my face!

on 11/8/2014 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have bought this two times since I've hit pan for the first. I really liiike this color. It's a very versatile color that goes well with probably all skin tones. I have used this as a bronzer and as a blush. It's also great for contouring. The color is very buildable/pigmented! The packaging is not that great, but hey, what do you expect from a product this low-priced? I would just say to be careful not to drop this, as it can break easily. This is definitely worth the buy and if you're considering purchasing a low-priced but well bronzer, I would recommend you giving this a try.

This stuff rocks! I use this bronzer as blush, because I have insanely red cheeks. I've tried using other bronzers as blush in the past and they are all way too dark or shimmery. Not this product! It's great for my pale skin, and its matte! I love it, it gives my cheeks a beautiful glow, and effortlessly covers my red! 5 stars for this onex good job NYC, you haven't let me down yet!

on 11/6/2014 11:33:00 PM

NO NO and NO! Made me break out and my skin is not even that sensitive!

on 11/4/2014 7:21:00 PM

I've been using this for years. I think its a staple in my routine. Even through out the year I get lighter... tanner. I rely on this bonzer to even me out. I use this to blend out my countor (MAC- BLUNT which I HATE alone) GREAT PRODUCT. a little too orange for my skin tone in the winter not as orange as MAC's "give me sun). But if youre a light bronzer user this is worth the try. #1 go to bronzer aside from my guerlan . product it self is smooth, Not chalky or blotchy. Very comparable to a high end bronzer. Better than mac baked bronzers OVERALL

on 11/4/2014 3:13:00 PM

I do like the formula of this bronzer. But I wish they had more color selections because this color is warm and can be a little orange ... But not in a bad way. It's a good bronzer for bronzing your skin up and warming your skin tone. But like I said, wish they had more than one color especially one that is more on the cooler side so that it'll be ideal for contouring

Popular Bronzers