Hard Candy Star Eyeshadow Quad

4.3

on 1/10/2003 4:50:00 AM

I love Hard Candy Quads- the colours are always so unique and unusual, and the packaging is perfect for a girl on the go. :)

Star is *the* quad for those who adore purple eyeshadow- three of the four shades are in the purple family.

The darkest shade, Soul, is an eggplant shimmer infused with silver microglitter. Very similar to Urban Decay Metropolitan, but more cool-toned. It's great for creating a smokey eye, and for using as a liner using a push brush.

The next shade is Rage, which is a metallic violet-grape. Shimmery, but no glitter. Very glam, and perfect in the crease.

The other purple shade is Flash, which is a sparkly lilac infused with fine silver shimmer. Subtle enough use as an all over wash.

The only non-purple colour in the quad is Creep, which is a rich gold- it looks almost orange-copper, but it's a wonderful true gold when applied. It's great as a wash, with any one of the purples in the crease.

Overall, a gorgeous quad- purple and gold are so beautiful together! continued >>

on 2/6/2003 12:30:00 AM

These colors are totally gorgeous and looked great on teh sephora sales girl, but one me they were too garish. I give it 4 lipsticks for the great quality and pigment.

on 6/27/2002 2:14:00 AM

This is the quad to get if you love purples! Gorgeous colors and the gold compliments them so well! I kept coming up with a new look every time and I love it!

on 2/21/2002 2:08:00 PM

I *really* like this quad. For starters, I adore purple eyeshadow, but I have a hard time finding purple shadow that doesn't make me look like I have black eyes (very olive skinned and prone to undereye circles). But the colors in this quad are great. Flash is a light lilac with *tiny* iridescent microglitter, and it is SO pretty and subtle on. The gold is gorgeous - I love that. And both the dark purple and the purple with silver glitter and quite wearable, although I only use the glittered one as a liner. Great buy though, I was very pleased by this one!

on 11/17/2001 4:54:00 PM

This is really pretty - purple, lilac and gold. I would have never thought to combine these otherwise, so it has worked as inspiration for new looks.

on 7/19/2001 10:32:00 PM

Wow! This eyeshadow quad has colors for all occasions! The Star quad contains a light lilac, gold, dark purple, and dark purple with glitter (almost black). Comes with a sponge tip applicator, and a angled brush (perfect for using the shadows as a dry eyeliner). You can layer these colors to make your eyes look fabulous wherever you're going...whether to the office or a night on the town! I use this quad almost everyday. For daytime, it's lilac or gold lined with dark purple; and at night I like to do the lid dark purple glitter and brow bone in gold. Use your imagination! These are some fabulous shades to take you from day to night. And how cute...comes with its own mirror so you can check while you apply, no matter where you are! Price is good, considering how long these shadows last and how much you can do with them. Silver compact is sleek with its own holographic silver pouch. Go get some!