April 17, 2014 | 1801 users online

Masks - Skinceuticals - SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Elizabeth Arden Clay mask and the softness last for about a day, but with this one I use it once a week, just a thin layer and my face is baby smooth all week. I use this along with the Decongesting face wash and exfoliator and it has almost gotten rid of my dryness in the winter. I have very oily face but major dryness in the T zone and it always messes up my foundation application. Yes this is very pricey but you just need a thin layer and the bottle will probably last almost a year! Coupled with my face wash and exfoliant I have noticed some major changes with my nose (I have lots of black heads and white heads) that my husband even commented on it! I use the emollient moisturizer which does not make my face oily at all!
**Update** I have also started using this as spot treatment for acne it's a godsend!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by jrichardson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, I have to say that I'm a big fan of Skinceuticals' Vit C products. They are superb. This, however, is not. I did not see any great results after using consistenly, I got bad stinging during and after use, and I did get some minor breakouts. I can't recommend this as a result.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by vanitygal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of SkinCeuticals...use an extensive range of their serums and find them fabulous.

I have also bought this product after recommendation by the sales. I have not found this product to be any different to other clay masks on the market, and does not have any special after effects differ to clay masks like the proactive one etc.

I think compared to the other skinc range it is not expensive, but compared to other clay masks on the market that u can purchase for a lot cheaper i would therefore not opt to re purchase. i would rather save this money and gain some real skin smoothing results from aha/retin A products....as i found this product only absorbs oil and does what usual clay masks do....so not worth the budget blow, rather opt for a cheaper clay mask and then invest this kinda money on serums and other lotions that have skin enhancing benefits.

Clay masks are necessary and good part of skin regime, but i would skim on this and buy a cheaper clay mak substitute, and invest the money into fraxel , serums,,,,AHA lotions.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by natt123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE! I have been using this mask for about 2 years now. I'm on to my 2nd jar and as i only use a thin layer once a week and it seems to last me about 12 months I can justify spending the AU$60 (works out to be AU$5 a month). This was recommended to me along with Simply Clean (which broke me out) however the mask is AMAZING. It's non-drying (i have oily skin), doesn't break me out & clears up the skin overnight. My skin hasn't looked/felt this good for ages and when i see people from school they always comment on how great my skin looks now. My sister has recently started using it and it is doing wonders for her skin too.
To be honest, I'm VERY lazy when it comes to skincare and the mask is the only skincare routine I've managed to stick to and I love what it's done for my skin.
Cant recommend this product enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by py07

I have combination skin and I am usually susceptible to cyst-like blemishes and whiteheads.

Am using this mask to clarify my skin to prevent blemishes and it's been working great! My skin feels clear after every application, although it doesn't target whiteheads in my case.

The formula is effective but doesn't feel overly strong for a clarifying product. That being said, I do experience tightening of the skin in the cheek region on initial application. And this usually last for about 30 seconds. However, it doesn't result in dryness in my skin (Ie. no flaking or dry patches).

Love this mask! I'm going on my second jar now. The downside to the product is the price like everyone else highlighted. It's about 40 pounds per jar in the UK and it lasts for about 6 months on a weekly application. I usually apply a thin layer of product and it still works really well.

I used to use Origins out of trouble mask, which is half the price but the results are less consistent as compared to Skinceuticals.

Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it so much I'm on my second jar. You can feel you skin tingling as it does it's magic. The only con is the cost of this product. I'm probably going to try Queen Helen Clay Mask. I'm thinking that could be a cheaper alternative. Well, another con is that you have to stick your fingers in the jar to get the product. I really don't like when products are packaged in that manner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I may buy this again if I can afford it but it really is horrendously expensive. I usually like to put a mask on quite thick, but I spread this one out as thinly as I think I can get away with to make it last! It does tell you to apply thinly in any event.
It's in a chunky glass jar and you get quite a bit for your money. On balance I think I prefer a jar to a tube because it's easier to see how much you've got left, although I'm hoping it doesn't mean it will dry out quickly. No sign of that so far and I've had it a couplf of months. I have been using it once a week.
As to the effects of the mask itself it's really rather good, although not a miracle (which I had hoped for!) It helps unclog the pores and does get rid of those little dry bits initially - which it claims it is intended for. But they seem to return within a few days however.
On first application the skin glows a bit but I haven't had any irritation. Some clay masks can be a bit harsh on the skin but this one is very mild.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to tell that I am totally mad with masks. I donít know how much I try but a lot.
This mask is totally amazing one of the best I ever use. Every time I use it my skin looks great after that, much softer and glowing, the clog pores and impurities look much less or even gone on the next day. Also this mask never dry my skin like many other clay do and is very easy to wash off. Is really effective I will definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by reyiru

I'm very on the fence on this one. On one hand, after use, my skin glows and looks more clear and even, etc. The effect however, does not last for more than 3 days. It is not overly drying as some clay masks can be. But I keep getting more breakouts. I've used this about 4/5 times over the past 3 weeks and I get breakouts 2/3 days after use. I don't know if it's purging, but I think it would be best if I didn't try this again. My skin might just not like glycolic acid.

will be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this mask for about 3 months when my skin care person (I forget what they are called) recommended it. I use the cleanser for oily skin and toner also and love them. I also use a serum by PCA skin and my acne scars are almost gone. I also get a new kind of facials (hydro I think) that is like a facial and microdermabrasion in one.