October 30, 2014 | 1376 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by andaa252000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's so thick!I tried to apply moisturizer or makeup on top of this and my skin was veiled in a tight, thick, gluey and solid paste.Maybe I will use this alone and in a smaller amount.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

Another horrible SS, I have dry skin with slight oily T zone. My entire face looks like a tin-man. Please bear in mind one has to put 1 teaspoonful of SS face face/neck, just to dampen the area slightly with the product is ineffective.

Despite the surface area is wet & slicky (non-oily means nothing, it can be silicone or glyderine, either will give the skin an oily feeling), my dry skin still feels tight & dry underneath the product. To put powder over it to mattify the tin-shine will further dry up the skin.
Also, on my NC 35 skin, this leaves a white cast as well, a white, shiny, slimy/oily coating.
I am not going to look further, just relies on my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water-Light.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by geeemm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In the UK, finding a mineral based sunscreen is becoming increasingly hard, let alone finding one that's suitable for sensitive and oily skin. Chemical sunscreen agents break me out in bumps and exacerbate my rosacea-like redness, while other mineral sunscreens would leave my face white and literally looking wet after an hour or so - not a great look!
I'm happy to say that, so far, City Block Sheer has proved to be the best facial sunscreen I've used yet. It comes in a neat little tube that you could easily take out with you should you need to reapply, and while it isn't particularly generous in size a little seems to go a fairly long way. Perhaps my favourite thing about this sunscreen is its tint; it comes out in a fleshy tone rather than white and goes onto the skin nice and even. Though I'm fair skinned, the tint blends in straight away and looks perfectly natural, if anything it slightly evens out my complexion and masks some of the redness - an added bonus! It's also far less greasy than other mineral sunscreens I've tried - once it's been applied I'm not really aware of it and my face doesn't get much oilier than it normally would throughout the day. It won't mattify your oily skin, but it does give a little bit of moisture without worsening oiliness. Touch wood, I haven't had noticeable more breakouts than before, so it doesn't seem to clog my pores either.
My one problem so far is that it can go on a bit flaky in places, particularly around the nose. It's not too noticeable unless looking closely, but it can exacerbate enlarged pores sometimes. Perhaps if this product was a little bit more moisturising it would improve the texture somewhat, but it's a small compromise.

Overall, it's a keeper for now. I wish there were more products like this out there - highly sensitive yet oily skin doesn't really get much support, certainly not in UK stores. It makes a nice change to find something that's truly suitable for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ssroba085

Hands down the best facial sunscreen I have used. And I have tried my fair share. I alternate between this and the 40+ in the summer I have gone through at least 12 tubes and will continue to repurchase again and again. Provides an immaculate base for foundation, not greasy and absorbs into skin very nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Hydroneta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best products I have, works as a primer, bb, sunscreen, moisturizer. And at all of these at its best. Why haven't I discovered it before??? I am 38 and my skins now looks even better than when I was 25, or 30. I use it everyday, and really if your skin is naturaly not that bad, you dot not need anything else to put on than just this great product. Highly and strongly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by zinaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

except for the spf protection witch works well on my fair skin also in summer i also have combination skin and have found that this one works well with any kind of moisturizer i use and also helps mattify my skin and not become oily during the day.
when i don't use it i can feel my skin a bit oiler during the day.
had used biotherm for years but was extremely oily and also other brands that where also oily on my skin but this one is just right! using it for the last 5 years.
if buying from iherb for the first time feel free to use my discount code EHU742 for a $5 discount up to $40 worth of purchases and $10 discount for over $40.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

UPDATE: I've actually switched over to Paula's Choice Hydralight Shine-Free Mineral Complex SPF 30 because I noticed that my skin has gotten too dark for this to not give me a whitish cast.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've used Clinique's City Block for about 10 years. When I was first using it, they were making this in SPF 15! After so long, and some dalliances with other sunscreens, this is still the best choice for me. My combination, oily skin gets clogged and breaks out easily and this one has the least amount of interference with that. It goes on smoothly and doesn't burn my skin the way that chemical and other sunscreens will (zinc oxide can be horrid!). I love the light tint that it has, which allows me to skip tinted moisturizers or foundations all together. I can't count the number of tubes I've used, but I know that I'll be buying countless more.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

I wanted to love this, but it kept rolling into little balls all over my face, no matter how I applied it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by estellanutella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was REALLY greasy and thick and made me break out because it's very hard to remove completely. I didn't stop breaking out until I started doing the Korean double wash after every application (literally 2 washes: deep cleansing wash/mask, then lighter wash). The woman who sold it to me said it would make a good primer under foundation and um no, it doesn't, because aside from being greasy and thick, it's TINTED in one shade and may or may not match your skin tone. It made me look like a ghost of myself! haha? No.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Palmer54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This SPF face cream is by far the best I've ever tried. I have extremely oily skin and have had the worst luck finding a face cream with a high enough SPF to actually ward off the sun's rays (SPF 15 is laughable nowadays). This particular SPF face cream is a non-chemical sunscreen so it literally sits on top of your skin BUT it blends nicely and it never feels as if I'm wearing a heavy sunscreen mask. There's a light tint to cover the whiteness of the SPF and I find that it's enough colour to act as a light foundation for my pale, freckled skin (I don't like wearing a lot of products on my face). If I apply it and nothing else, my skin is definitely shiny but I always wear a powder on top to mattify and smooth my face. It's oil-free so it never melts or cakes on my face, even during extremely humid summers. It's also a great moisturiser for my oily skin - the Clinique people will tell you it's not a moisturiser but there are moisturising ingredients in this and if you have oily/combo skin, you definitely do not need to wear a regular moisturiser underneath. I wear this everyday and it's easy to remove at night b/c it does not get absorbed into your skin. I would highly recommend this product for those who want great everyday SPF protection plus tint for some coverage. The tube also lasts a long time too - I'm into month 7 using one tube and it's finally running out! It's totally worth the $23 CDN and I have already purchased my second tube!!