July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ssroba085

Hands down the best facial sunscreen I have used. And I have tried my fair share. I alternate between this and the 40+ in the summer I have gone through at least 12 tubes and will continue to repurchase again and again. Provides an immaculate base for foundation, not greasy and absorbs into skin very nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Hydroneta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best products I have, works as a primer, bb, sunscreen, moisturizer. And at all of these at its best. Why haven't I discovered it before??? I am 38 and my skins now looks even better than when I was 25, or 30. I use it everyday, and really if your skin is naturaly not that bad, you dot not need anything else to put on than just this great product. Highly and strongly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by zinaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

except for the spf protection witch works well on my fair skin also in summer i also have combination skin and have found that this one works well with any kind of moisturizer i use and also helps mattify my skin and not become oily during the day.
when i don't use it i can feel my skin a bit oiler during the day.
had used biotherm for years but was extremely oily and also other brands that where also oily on my skin but this one is just right! using it for the last 5 years.
if buying from iherb for the first time feel free to use my discount code EHU742 for a $5 discount up to $40 worth of purchases and $10 discount for over $40.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

UPDATE: I've actually switched over to Paula's Choice Hydralight Shine-Free Mineral Complex SPF 30 because I noticed that my skin has gotten too dark for this to not give me a whitish cast.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've used Clinique's City Block for about 10 years. When I was first using it, they were making this in SPF 15! After so long, and some dalliances with other sunscreens, this is still the best choice for me. My combination, oily skin gets clogged and breaks out easily and this one has the least amount of interference with that. It goes on smoothly and doesn't burn my skin the way that chemical and other sunscreens will (zinc oxide can be horrid!). I love the light tint that it has, which allows me to skip tinted moisturizers or foundations all together. I can't count the number of tubes I've used, but I know that I'll be buying countless more.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

I wanted to love this, but it kept rolling into little balls all over my face, no matter how I applied it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by estellanutella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was REALLY greasy and thick and made me break out because it's very hard to remove completely. I didn't stop breaking out until I started doing the Korean double wash after every application (literally 2 washes: deep cleansing wash/mask, then lighter wash). The woman who sold it to me said it would make a good primer under foundation and um no, it doesn't, because aside from being greasy and thick, it's TINTED in one shade and may or may not match your skin tone. It made me look like a ghost of myself! haha? No.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Palmer54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This SPF face cream is by far the best I've ever tried. I have extremely oily skin and have had the worst luck finding a face cream with a high enough SPF to actually ward off the sun's rays (SPF 15 is laughable nowadays). This particular SPF face cream is a non-chemical sunscreen so it literally sits on top of your skin BUT it blends nicely and it never feels as if I'm wearing a heavy sunscreen mask. There's a light tint to cover the whiteness of the SPF and I find that it's enough colour to act as a light foundation for my pale, freckled skin (I don't like wearing a lot of products on my face). If I apply it and nothing else, my skin is definitely shiny but I always wear a powder on top to mattify and smooth my face. It's oil-free so it never melts or cakes on my face, even during extremely humid summers. It's also a great moisturiser for my oily skin - the Clinique people will tell you it's not a moisturiser but there are moisturising ingredients in this and if you have oily/combo skin, you definitely do not need to wear a regular moisturiser underneath. I wear this everyday and it's easy to remove at night b/c it does not get absorbed into your skin. I would highly recommend this product for those who want great everyday SPF protection plus tint for some coverage. The tube also lasts a long time too - I'm into month 7 using one tube and it's finally running out! It's totally worth the $23 CDN and I have already purchased my second tube!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by seannetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years. My moisturizer doesn't have an SPF, so sunscreen is imperative for me, and I like that this one doesn't cause breakouts, has a tint that gives a nice glow, glides on easily, and acts as a nice primer for my liquid foundation or concealer. I wouldn't go so far as to call the finish "greasy", but "shiny" is definitely accurate. Since I'm putting on makeup and powder after this anyway, this fact doesn't bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Lyn2204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this sunblock for 2 years now and I love it. It is a bit greasy which works perfectly for my dry skin. I used it under my moisturiser and sometimes I mixed it with my benetint which gives me a glowy effect. The downside of this product is it wont give any coverage to any imperfections but other than that, it is all good

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Misirlou1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In my search for "the holy mineral sunscreen" I'm always looking for one that a/doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, b/doesn't make me look like a ghost and C/isn't sticky and greasy. Because of the good rates on beautypedia I decided to give this one a try.So what do I think about it?

First of all there's the color... A slightly tinted sunscreen: great idea, the only problem is that they only offer like 1 shade and I can imagine that this is the reason why a lot of people don't like....Like me... I'm a NC20 and I find this sunscreen slightly to dark for me. I do like that it evens out my skin tone, but it's just to yellow/orangy for me. I have also noiticed that it tends to oxidize during the day :(

Second: this is not the ideal sunscreen for you if you have oily skin. I can use this when it's getting colder and my skin is getting slightly drier, but in summertime my skin is way to oily for this one. Not very attractive. Tried to put some powder on top of it, but omg, that was...not...a...good...idea. So i also must conclude that:

This is also not great as a primer/makeup base for when u like to use powder foundation. It's just to sticky: you can't spread your powder foundation evenly, so it looks all blotchy . Haven't tried it with a liquid foundation though,so I can't say how it will perform with that type. But for my combination skin, I'm afraid it will be a greasy mess.

Last but not least: did it irritate my skin? Well, it didn't itch of sting, or aggravate my rosacea, so that was good. The only thing i've noticed is that every time use this it give's me pimples. Even after just one day. It just clogs my pores. I've tried this a few times, with some weeks in between, just to be sure it wasn't something else.. But everytime, when I clean my face in the evening, there they are: some extra bumps :( So that's the main reason that it is a no no for me.

So to conclude: is it a bad sunscreen? Well, if you have a normal to slightly dry skin, if you aren't acne-prone and not very or extreme pale and you have a perfect skin that doesn't need a lot of coverage, but just some kind of tinted moisturizer with SPF...Then I would give this one a try.

If you're an NC15 and/or have an oily, acne prone, skin...Leave it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No