Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Cherries In The Snow 440

on 5/16/2014 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favourite colour out of the Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick range. The colour is gorgeous and very vibrant, and the product stays on forever!

I can apply this before work, be talking to customers all day, have coffee and eat, and the lipstick will still not need reapplying. I highly recommend this product!

on 4/30/2014 8:23:00 PM

I really like this color alot--its been around for a million years (my grandma used to wear it), and the fact that it keeps getting re-issued is a testimony that it is and will remain a classic. Not too long ago, I tried on this gorgeous lipstick by Guerlain--the color Liu (no. 122), rouge automatique. The Revlon is practically the same color as the Guerlain, with the Guerlain being far more pigmented. I tried on both lipsticks (the Liu on the upper lip, and the Revlon on the lower), and the saleslady as well as another customer in Pharmaprix were unable to tell the difference, except for the Revlon looking less layered. But given the price difference, that is not such a drawback. Cherries in the snow is a cool-toned red, closer to the pink end of the spectrum. Like many Revlons, it is very creamy, and has good lasting power. Although I love Liu, I will always make sure to have Cherries in the snow as a back-up just in case they no longer re-issue Guerlain's Liu. Its very glam and vampish. Girls, go ahead and try it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A great color for my pale skin tone! Like many of the previous reviewers have stated, this color is a lovely (cool undertone) fuchsia and I think you can really play with how sheer or vivid you want it to be. I wish I could find a way to make it last a it longer but I'm very impressed with the amount of time it has lasted on my lips without any prep or liner applied.

on 1/18/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I ALMOST threw this product out. This isn't really red, as I was expecting when I bought it, but is actually more of a raspberry. I applied it pretty thick at first, as I would with most lipsticks, and on my warm skin tone it made me look sick and pasty. I tried it again a few weeks later however, and this time I blotted it down quite a bit. I really like it now! It's still a bold color, but the color toned down a bit looks much better on me.

I still wouldn't call it a favorite, I still prefer warmer reds, but it's definitely something I'll wear when going out this winter! Bottom line, it's really better suited for the cool toned ladies, but warm toned girls can pull it off too!

on 12/19/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

if you're fair with pink undertones like i am, do yourself a favor and buy this lipstick ASAP. it's quite possibly my favorite lipstick on the planet, and i've just misplaced it and i don't really know what to do with myself. i have a million other reds so i'm trying to wait to replace it, but it's the most beautiful/unique,wearable pinkish-red color ever that it really has no dupes with all my other "regular" reds. It somehow stays a pink-based red without going totally crazy fuchsia on me. LOVE. as always the revlon formula is great, and I think this would be flattering on a lot of skin tones.

on 10/24/2013 7:59:00 PM

I am fairly certain it is the most flattering l/s I have ever worn. I can't believe I passed it over for so long because I thought it was red! It is really a deep, intense reddish pink, but more pink than red, and definitely cool-toned. It's a deep, berry-ish fuchsia, in between MAC All Fired Up and Flat Out Fabulous, but a bit closer to Flat Out Fab. It is a wonderful formula that can be worn shiny (without blotting) or blotted down to a satiny look without losing any color density.

I picked it up because I've been reading up on seasonal color analysis, and one site said that this shade and MAC Girl About Town would look natural on a Bright Winter, and since I'm pale and cool-toned with dark hair and eyes (high contrast features), I'm pretty sure that's my category. It's such a bright l/s, but somehow looks normal on me. I also got Fuchsia Fusion, which is supposed to be pretty close to Girl About Town, and it's pretty awesome too! It is the slightly more blue-toned sister to Cherries in the Snow. I had 7 other l/s lemmings, but they all keeled over the face of the gorgeousness that is Cherries in the Snow. It's THAT GOOD.

on 10/19/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this ls in highschool. I immediately tossed it lol. It was so bright and not for me at the time. Well over 10 years later i bought it again and i absolutely love it. Its beautiful dabbed on or applied full. Just line lips for bleeding and it holds well: )

on 10/19/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this lipstick!!!! It's a blue based red... and if your reading other reviews that say that it's fushia then they must not be packing it on. When I put this lipstick on it definitely is red. It brightens my face and just makes me overall gorg! If your cool skinned and fair, then you'll look beautiful in this!

on 6/11/2013 1:56:00 AM

i love this lipstick. i wasn't sure how this would look on me, since in the photo on this website is when it's applied subtly. used to wear it so much i almost finished this baby, and then i lost my go-to makeup bag w/ this is in it. such a sad day. needless to say, i repurchased this without hesitance. i don't know how to really explain this color, but i would say it's in between a pink and a red. i think it's one of those colors that you can wear during the day and night..versatile, but prob a lil much for the work. great color. wish the formula was more moisturizing, but this is another reason why revlon excels in lipcolors from the drugstore. so much variety, and great quality!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this lipstick after seeing it on a woman in a magazine, w coloring similar to mine. (I am a graying brunette, dark eyes, warm pale skin (NW15). It is an absolutely gorgeous shade, a true (BRIGHT!) red with an ever so slight blue undertone and it is a creamy matte, soft and without sheen. Mostly lipstick colors slide off my lips within an hour. Not Cherries in the Snow - drinking coffee, talking a lot and working out did not deter this lipstick, this stuff stayed on my lips, intact with only the slimmest fade.

Sadly, only because I love the color and the formula, this color looks awful on me! I don't consider my skintone to be terribly warm, and wearing Cherries in the Snow, I look borderline ill, and slightly off. I caught my face in a car window wearing it and I looked like a villianess clown. This is probably the 10th Revlon lipstick I have purchased, where the color almost, but not quite, suits me. Again, love the formula, love the color - just not on me.