November 22, 2014 | 1721 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Cherries In The Snow 440

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick!!!! It's a blue based red... and if your reading other reviews that say that it's fushia then they must not be packing it on. When I put this lipstick on it definitely is red. It brightens my face and just makes me overall gorg! If your cool skinned and fair, then you'll look beautiful in this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this lipstick. i wasn't sure how this would look on me, since in the photo on this website is when it's applied subtly. used to wear it so much i almost finished this baby, and then i lost my go-to makeup bag w/ this is in it. such a sad day. needless to say, i repurchased this without hesitance. i don't know how to really explain this color, but i would say it's in between a pink and a red. i think it's one of those colors that you can wear during the day and night..versatile, but prob a lil much for the work. great color. wish the formula was more moisturizing, but this is another reason why revlon excels in lipcolors from the drugstore. so much variety, and great quality!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick after seeing it on a woman in a magazine, w coloring similar to mine. (I am a graying brunette, dark eyes, warm pale skin (NW15). It is an absolutely gorgeous shade, a true (BRIGHT!) red with an ever so slight blue undertone and it is a creamy matte, soft and without sheen. Mostly lipstick colors slide off my lips within an hour. Not Cherries in the Snow - drinking coffee, talking a lot and working out did not deter this lipstick, this stuff stayed on my lips, intact with only the slimmest fade.

Sadly, only because I love the color and the formula, this color looks awful on me! I don't consider my skintone to be terribly warm, and wearing Cherries in the Snow, I look borderline ill, and slightly off. I caught my face in a car window wearing it and I looked like a villianess clown. This is probably the 10th Revlon lipstick I have purchased, where the color almost, but not quite, suits me. Again, love the formula, love the color - just not on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by KarlaKayM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Adore!!! Holy Grail~
Very much Fushia/Red on my NW15 Pale cool skin
Full coverage cream finish/very moisturizing
Slight feathering after a couple hours but nothing bad
Very MUCH stands out but alot easier to wear than a true blue toned red.

Oh and did I say I adore this? I have had this color on and off many times in my life starting in my 20s...timeless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've never really been into strong lip colours in the past - the shape of my lips is small, and my top lip is practically invisible - but after spending most of my makeup wearing years focusing on my eyes, I became bored with my routine. I've been looking at brighter lip colours to shake up my look for the past year, and this is one of my first success stories...

Revlon's classic shade Cherries In The Snow seems to be pure red at first glance, but a closer look reveals that the shade has a strong pink undertone to it. I love the result; I don't feel very comfortable in red lipstick, but the strong dash of pink in this shade tones down the red, so the result feels less harsh. I do feel comfortable wearing this shade in public.

The finish to the lipstick is creamy and easy to distribute evenly - I find it similar to MAC Amplified finishes. The formula hasn't had a drying effect on my lips. The lasting power is pretty good; four to five hours, depending on food or drink, and the colour does fade evenly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

This looks so beautiful on everyone else...but on my own lips it just turns into a boring hot pink color. I was looking for it to be a pinky-red color. I've also come to realize (after much deliberation and trial/error) that I really do not like the formula of this lipstick either. too thick and uncomfortable on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Tatissima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what the bad review are talking about.this lipstick is my fav with Rebel from mac .they are brother and sister to me,rebel is more dark with red undertone.last ages,makes my lips soft.i love revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by thefaces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this online, so it was dirt cheap. I got onto it after seeing Patricia Clarkson (a truly beautiful lady) wearing it. On her it looked like a dark muted red. So you can imagine my surprise when I received a bright pink tube of lipstick!

On me (olive skin, brown eyes, dark brown hair) it isn't 'cherries in the snow' so much as it is 'raspberries in the snow.' Something closer to fuschia than red.

I was initially unhappy with it, possibly because I put on too much. However, whipping it out now on holiday, I can say that I love it. It's bright bright bright. Not a shade for the mousy and the meek. Especially if you layer it on carefully, the effect pulls all attention to your lips. Sometimes even, I sail out with just my shades and a glorious slash of Cherries in the Snow on, dirty hair and coat on, face otherwise unpainted, letting it speak for itself--even to the supermarket or messing about at home by yourself, it can cheer you up and make you feel like the strong lady that you are, who doesn't mind a vivid pop of colour that gets you noticed.

I also like to put on my daily makeup (blemishes covered by light SPF makeup, dabs of creme peach blush, defining eyeliner on the top lid and a lick of mascara) and then positively slathering this on for a stunning effect. Keep the eyes and cheeks simple, even the hair simple if you want, and prepare to be looked at, and maybe complimented on your gorgeous, glossy, very out there lips.

Of course it comes out different on some people--I see some fairer people it turns out a little more red. On me it's a bright berry that I love, and would repurchase. As per Revlon, the packaging is excellent, sensible black and gold that is redolent of its vintage beginnings as a deeper cherry red colour.

I'll keep buying it online, and urging my friends to wear it! It has a vintage charm, but there's nothing demure about this shade. It's still classy in its own way though, if you know how to downplay the rest of your face. Like most Revlons it's also pretty moisturising, especially with a tiny bit of lip balm on beforehand. One lippy off because it can sometimes transfer easily, but not as much as some other brands (Kate Moss for Rimmel, etc)

Love it. 4 lippies much deserved.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a nice Vintage lipstick.

My mum and auntie had one of these in the eighties which they shared...dubious hygiene implications aside, I quite like this! I do suspect that my mother may have borrowed my one of these on occasion, but I've never caught her outright so she gets away with it this time.

I do find this a little drying on occasion, but as I generally throw some Vaseline over the top I don't mind too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by PopHarlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first job as a teenager in the 80s was as a cosmetics salesgirl and I wore this at least twice a week - and you know what? I wore it twice to work this week and I'm now 40! I wear it straight out of the tube, unblotted and in no way toned down, and I still think it rocks more than two decades on. I have Snow White colouring and I think in some ways this is the colouring it was designed for as several reviewers below have noted (although I used to sell it and saw it look great on people with very dark skin, not so much on medium tones).

As an aside I would never call this red. It's a reddish fuchsia or, to be more precise, cerise - and back in my days selling it it was marketed as a hot pink (which was all the rage then). That Revlon now call it a red is perplexing as even just looking at it in the tube it's clearly not. Maybe the idea of fuchsia just turns a lot of people off, as also evidenced by some of the previous reviews...

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No