Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 1/29/2014 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I liked how this scrub worked at first, but it felt like it wasn't working after a few uses. I know it's supposed to be a gentle scrub, but it's too gentle & runny and I couldn't even feel it exfoliating at times. Overall it's probably good for those with sensitive skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't like this stuff. It made me break out after the second use and it also made my skin feel unpleasantly tight, even after moisturising. The skin around my nose became sensitive and agitated whenever i used this stuff, it felt like i have blown my nose with a tissue made gravel then applied lemon juice ( maybe not quite that dramatic but very similar feeling I'm sure). I didn't notice any brightening effect but that may have been because i only used this maybe three times.
I relise that this a daily scrub but the little granules were so tiny that I barely felt them. This annoyed me because I like knowing that the product is actually doing something.
Never buying again.

on 1/4/2014 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love this scrub! I bought this (along with Aveeno Ultra Calming Cleanser) and I don't see myself ever leaving it. This scrub is super gentle and is great for everyday use, though my skin only needs it about every other day. The texture is a gel with tiny grains that you can feel, but they aren't too big or scratchy like most scrubs/exfoliators out there. This scrub isn't harsh for me at all, and I have moderately sensitive skin that usually reddens after exfoliating. With the Brightening Scrub, my skin has a glowy appearance afterwards and feels soft and smooth.

I gave the product itself a 5 because it's amazing. Additionally, the packaging is great and makes the scrub last forever! I bought my current tube back in September and still have at least half left. To use, you flip the cap and squeeze the scrub through a tiny hole and a dime size amount usually dispenses. You don't need anymore than this!

I gave the scrub's price a 4 because it's more expensive then some of your other scrubs (St. Ive's Apricot, Neutrogena). However, it lasts longer than any other scrub I've ever used and doesn't cost any more than $10 (I think I paid $8 and change).

I definitely recommend the Brightening Scrub to anyone with sensitive skin and those looking for a great daily exfoliator!

on 12/11/2013 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to like this product but unfortunately something in it is too harsh for my skin! It left my face so dry that parts of it looked like dried glue when I looked in the mirror :/ Also left it super itchy. I went back to using an Olay product the next day and the difference was drastic.

on 10/24/2013 12:41:00 PM

I really wanted to like this scrub because of the good reviews. But frankly this did nothing to improve my skin on the long run. Yeah it made my face lighter and it made it glow, but all that lasted only about 5 minutes then it went back to being red as usual. I felt like this sucked all the moisture out of my skin, it made my skin so much dryer than it already is. I'm pretty sure this scrub would be great for oily skin, but for us dry skin sufferers this is awful! Definitely will not purchase this again. The only good thing about this product is its good to remove makeup. But that's it. :/

on 7/12/2013 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Originally when I bought this, I was on the lookout for a skin product that could brighten up my dull skin and make my skin lighter. I bought this impulsively and justified it by remembering that I had run out of my normal face scrub.

The scrub is pretty fine so you don't have to worry about microtears. The packaging is pretty nice, and the tiny hole helps you control just how much product you want. I like the smell, too.

My skin is smooth, soft, and glowy. Glowy! I thought glowing skin was a thing only photoshopped ads and flawless genes could deliver, but no, here I am, with skin starting to look so nice, I might stop using face makeup altogether. I'm very happy with this product and will continue to use it as my face scrub.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The smell is fantastic and the beads are just right. Unfortunately my really dry and acne prone skin did not benefit from this scrub and the exfoliation was just enough to reveal new blemishes but not enough to slough dead skin away. I used this for three months (went thru the entire thing) and find my face is better without it. Not a bad product, its just that Aveeno chemicals don't work with my skin. Will not be repurchasing.

on 4/26/2013 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you're in the market for a facial scrub, I really recommend this one, mainly because it's not too harsh. The scrubby bits are pretty small and uniform in size, as opposed to St. Ives' apricot scrub - that one is too harsh in my opinion for almost everyone's face (I use it on my body, however). The Aveeno scrub is probably as gentle a scrub as you're going to find anywhere while still being effective and non-irritating (for me at least; if your skin is extremely sensitive it might irritate you). I have used this once a day with no bad effects, although lately I've been focusing more on acids/chemical exfoliation rather than physical exfoliation. If you want something more than a washcloth to exfoliate and you love facial scrubs, check this one out. Aveeno often has coupons available as well, which is nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if this has really "changed" my face, but the smell is great. It feels great. I feel clean... and that's all that matters to me!

on 3/7/2013 5:09:00 PM

Have repurchased this several times but won't again. It is more gentle than others I have tried, and it does open up the pores to clean them inside. Highly recommend to give this a try. A little goes a long way and I would try using it every other day at first to see if it is going to be a good thing for you or not. It was a great thing for me and most of my family for a good long while- but my skin is changing and once per week is just right for me now. I need something more gentle to use more often so I am moving on!

Popular Scrubs