November 23, 2014 | 977 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Originally when I bought this, I was on the lookout for a skin product that could brighten up my dull skin and make my skin lighter. I bought this impulsively and justified it by remembering that I had run out of my normal face scrub.

The scrub is pretty fine so you don't have to worry about microtears. The packaging is pretty nice, and the tiny hole helps you control just how much product you want. I like the smell, too.

My skin is smooth, soft, and glowy. Glowy! I thought glowing skin was a thing only photoshopped ads and flawless genes could deliver, but no, here I am, with skin starting to look so nice, I might stop using face makeup altogether. I'm very happy with this product and will continue to use it as my face scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The smell is fantastic and the beads are just right. Unfortunately my really dry and acne prone skin did not benefit from this scrub and the exfoliation was just enough to reveal new blemishes but not enough to slough dead skin away. I used this for three months (went thru the entire thing) and find my face is better without it. Not a bad product, its just that Aveeno chemicals don't work with my skin. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

If you're in the market for a facial scrub, I really recommend this one, mainly because it's not too harsh. The scrubby bits are pretty small and uniform in size, as opposed to St. Ives' apricot scrub - that one is too harsh in my opinion for almost everyone's face (I use it on my body, however). The Aveeno scrub is probably as gentle a scrub as you're going to find anywhere while still being effective and non-irritating (for me at least; if your skin is extremely sensitive it might irritate you). I have used this once a day with no bad effects, although lately I've been focusing more on acids/chemical exfoliation rather than physical exfoliation. If you want something more than a washcloth to exfoliate and you love facial scrubs, check this one out. Aveeno often has coupons available as well, which is nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sincerelyemilyy

I don't know if this has really "changed" my face, but the smell is great. It feels great. I feel clean... and that's all that matters to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

Have repurchased this several times but won't again. It is more gentle than others I have tried, and it does open up the pores to clean them inside. Highly recommend to give this a try. A little goes a long way and I would try using it every other day at first to see if it is going to be a good thing for you or not. It was a great thing for me and most of my family for a good long while- but my skin is changing and once per week is just right for me now. I need something more gentle to use more often so I am moving on!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by MochaSuga20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scrub is hands down one of the best. Before this, I was using the Queen Helene honey and oatmeal scrub, which was fairly ok..but this is way better. I had a doubt about what this scrub was advertised to do, but after about a week of using it I was really impressed that it actually helped to even out my skin tone. Its really gentle and effective. Leaves my skin so smooth, soft and pretty. A must buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Chevygirl14

This stuff is amazing!!! I've been looking for a cleanser that doesn't dry out my face. I got this on a whim the other day.
Pros: It smells amazing!!
It evened out my skin tone amazingly.
It makes my skin glow!
It cleared up my acne that I got from a foundation.
The exfoliating beads are perfect size.
I think the packaging is super cute!
Cons:None!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin that is either too dry nor too oily. However it's hard to find product that work because they are often cater to one group or the other. I don't look to fix, but to maintain, and this product does it well. It's very gentle, and instantly brighten my face after use. But i only use it once a week when my skin start to look dull. It's never a good idea to over exfoliate because it can make one's skin drier or oilier. With continuous use, i find that it also diminish several of my cyst acne scars, that i am very happy. One cons though is that it can feel slippery after use, probably due to the glycerin. I come to like it, but those who are used to the "squeaky-clean" feeling might dislike this at first. I know I did. Overall, it is a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. The smell after washing it off my face makes me feel refreshed and ready for a new day in the morning! The beads are so tiny and gentle that it is great for my sensitive dry/combo skin. I have found it works better in the summers, as winter tends to seriously dry out my skin, so I just use this less.

St. Ive's used to be my HG exfoliating wash but I realized the beads were way too harsh on my sensitive skin, so now this is my HG product. Good for the price too! One little bottle has lasted me over a year at this point with almost daily use.

The only downside is I do not really see a "brightening" effect as its name claims like other reviewers have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by NailGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It helps fade my acne scars. I don't break out as often since I've been using this. I recently bought the SPF 15 moisturizer. I will purchase this product again!