April 17, 2014 | 1767 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a really lovely flowery scent. It lathers which I really like in soap. It makes me feel really clean and my skin is left feeling super soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Gill222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love putting this gel in my tub. It is such a lovely subtle floral scent and it creates nice bubbles. I use the Amazing Grace fragrance on my body and as a make shift room spray which is also lovely. The whole line of Amazing Grace is very light and subtle and I like that it's not overpowering. The wording on the packaging is very inspiring and a nice touch!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I love philosophys body washes in general: in terms of foamy-ness and a little really goes a long way. I love this scent too. Every time I smell it I feel so happy and comfy. It is a nice soft floral scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, this scent smells too much like generic flowery soap to me. If you're into girly light scents, I suppose this works for you. It doesn't do such a great job of cleansing, and the scent fades pretty quickly on me (within an hour), but all the hype about it, I don't get it. I guess I'm just not into "pretty" scents.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this scent. It has a subtle freshness to it. I really like how it lingers after a shower. Sometimes I just use it for the slightest fragrance so I am not overly scented. My husband has grabbed this in a pinch and it even smells good on him. I think this is a pretty well rounded scent that works for male and females. This is actually pretty moisturizing and leaves a creamy, silky feeling on my skin. I still find I need a body lotion for extra moisture though. I never used it as a shampoo or a bubble bath, just a body wash. It has a pretty good lather. I do not like the packaging though. I know Philosophy likes their packaging simple but too me it is to simple. When I got to the last 25% of the bottle it was really hard to get the gel out. UPDATE: Just finished my second bottle of this. I will admit it is better then I expected and I find I go back to it. I do not know how to describe this scent, but I adore it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Icantbetamed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking through all my mom's old stuff and happended to come across this. It was a tiny 3 oz bottle and I asked when she got it and she said she didn't remember. So it must be fairly old. Haha. I used it as a Shampoo and Shower Gel and both ways works great! I was a bit hesitant to try it as a shampoo because a lot of reviews said it was drying but I tried it anyway and it left my hair clean without feeling dry. Then I tried it as a shower gel and it lather up so great. I squeezed a quarter sized amount onto a bath puff and when I stated massaging all over my body it ws like heaven...so many suds:) After I got out of the shower I smelt my body and I could smell a faint scent of it. I don't think you would smell it if I hugged you (unless you stuck your nose onto my skin..lol) It left my body feeling soft. I didn't moisturize my body or condition my hair so I could see the true effects and body was soft and smooth and hair was clean but not dry. I would still condition my hair and moisturize my body because it I would want to be super soft and moisturized but otherwise fabulous product! I jus wish that the fragrance was more potent. Im not sure since the bottle is probably a few years old if the formula has changed at all but the bottle I have is good. I am definitaly going to repurchase and I will update to see if anything has changed about my thoughts:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

The scent is clean, light, soft, gentle. I get compliments on it all of the time. I took care of a male patient who was wearing it and it was nice even on a man. It reminds me of my 8month old, fresh from a bath right before bed. It's such a universally lovely scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Sunshine86

I just received the shower gel and body lotion and absolutely love it. It's a nice soft scent that is so soothing. I don't even have to wear perfume. I look forward to taking my shower in the morning and sometimes may take one at night and another in the morning. It is a bit pricy but will use it sparingly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I couldn't stand the smell and it left a gross residue all over my skin, I am glad I didn't try it on my hair. Definitely would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by arizonababyboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I love the scent of Amazing Grace. I discovered while staying at my sisters house a few years ago and she had the 3-in-1 her shower. I used it and the scent lingered for hours, it was awesome. However.....I just bought some for myself and I think that Philosophy is getting stingy on the fragrance or something because the 3-in-1 now is such a faint scent that it doesn't stay at all after your shower. The lotion is another review of course but that doesn't stay with me either...what the heck is going on! For how expensive it is and being marketed primarily for its fragrance these products should have a decent lasting power! Furthermore, this doesn't cleanse very good and makes my skin feel dry. So pretty much this stuff is useless. I'll use the rest because I paid an arm and a leg for it...but from now on I think I'll stick with something more moisturizing that will also cost me a lot less money and use the body mist or toilette for the fragrance.