Philosophy Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel

3.8

I love philosophy's bath and shower gels, they are rich and moisturizing and creates lots of lather. This scent, my mom got for me because my name is grace, and the smell itself is amazing, sort of a soap and water type scent but also something floral and inviting about it too. I have owned the EDP but this year I received the shampoo bath and shower gel. Can't wait to use it in my shower on my loofa!

This is a really lovely flowery scent. It lathers which I really like in soap. It makes me feel really clean and my skin is left feeling super soft.

on 7/31/2011 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love putting this gel in my tub. It is such a lovely subtle floral scent and it creates nice bubbles. I use the Amazing Grace fragrance on my body and as a make shift room spray which is also lovely. The whole line of Amazing Grace is very light and subtle and I like that it's not overpowering. The wording on the packaging is very inspiring and a nice touch!

on 6/22/2011 1:56:00 AM

I love philosophys body washes in general: in terms of foamy-ness and a little really goes a long way. I love this scent too. Every time I smell it I feel so happy and comfy. It is a nice soft floral scent.

on 6/21/2011 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

Eh, this scent smells too much like generic flowery soap to me. If you're into girly light scents, I suppose this works for you. It doesn't do such a great job of cleansing, and the scent fades pretty quickly on me (within an hour), but all the hype about it, I don't get it. I guess I'm just not into "pretty" scents.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this scent. It has a subtle freshness to it. I really like how it lingers after a shower. Sometimes I just use it for the slightest fragrance so I am not overly scented. My husband has grabbed this in a pinch and it even smells good on him. I think this is a pretty well rounded scent that works for male and females. This is actually pretty moisturizing and leaves a creamy, silky feeling on my skin. I still find I need a body lotion for extra moisture though. I never used it as a shampoo or a bubble bath, just a body wash. It has a pretty good lather. I do not like the packaging though. I know Philosophy likes their packaging simple but too me it is to simple. When I got to the last 25% of the bottle it was really hard to get the gel out. UPDATE: Just finished my second bottle of this. I will admit it is better then I expected and I find I go back to it. I do not know how to describe this scent, but I adore it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking through all my mom's old stuff and happended to come across this. It was a tiny 3 oz bottle and I asked when she got it and she said she didn't remember. So it must be fairly old. Haha. I used it as a Shampoo and Shower Gel and both ways works great! I was a bit hesitant to try it as a shampoo because a lot of reviews said it was drying but I tried it anyway and it left my hair clean without feeling dry. Then I tried it as a shower gel and it lather up so great. I squeezed a quarter sized amount onto a bath puff and when I stated massaging all over my body it ws like heaven...so many suds:) After I got out of the shower I smelt my body and I could smell a faint scent of it. I don't think you would smell it if I hugged you (unless you stuck your nose onto my skin..lol) It left my body feeling soft. I didn't moisturize my body or condition my hair so I could see the true effects and body was soft and smooth and hair was clean but not dry. I would still condition my hair and moisturize my body because it I would want to be super soft and moisturized but otherwise fabulous product! I jus wish that the fragrance was more potent. Im not sure since the bottle is probably a few years old if the formula has changed at all but the bottle I have is good. I am definitaly going to repurchase and I will update to see if anything has changed about my thoughts:)

The scent is clean, light, soft, gentle. I get compliments on it all of the time. I took care of a male patient who was wearing it and it was nice even on a man. It reminds me of my 8month old, fresh from a bath right before bed. It's such a universally lovely scent.

on 4/25/2011 3:43:00 PM

I just received the shower gel and body lotion and absolutely love it. It's a nice soft scent that is so soothing. I don't even have to wear perfume. I look forward to taking my shower in the morning and sometimes may take one at night and another in the morning. It is a bit pricy but will use it sparingly.

on 4/25/2011 12:52:00 AM

I couldn't stand the smell and it left a gross residue all over my skin, I am glad I didn't try it on my hair. Definitely would not repurchase.