April 24, 2014 | 2036 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Day Wear plus multi protection anti oxidant base spf30 [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like so many women, I just hate facial sunscreen. But a stern warning from my derm humbled me and I began the quest to find one that I could wear under make-up and that wouldn't break me out so horribly. And if it had some great ingredients in it, so much the better. Fortunately I didn't have to try too many before finding this product. If you can swallow the just under $40 price tag, it is a worthy option. It goes on well without making me look like I've applied Crisco to my face and I had just the smallest blemish after wearing it under a powder foundation. Of course, the deal with sunscreens is that you should be wearing about a tablespoon on the facial and neck area everyday. I top this with the new SPF50 powder by Physician's Formula and I'm good to go. It must be popular because it is sold out everywhere including online.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 8:12:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall a great cream: packed with antioxidants and SPF, leaves the skin moisturised (when the weather is not too cold) and radiant.

I tend to use it in autumn, spring and summer (if the weather is not too hot); during the winter I prefer something more moisturising (I like Nars).

Very reasonably priced compared to other creams on the market (which do not deliver the same results, even if more expensive) has a light and pleasant smell. Only a small amount of product is required and the jar lasts about 3/4 months.

Unlike other EL creams it sinks into the skin rather than "sitting" on it.

***EDIT: I have been using plenty of other products (from cheap to pricy) and this is by far the best. HG, especually when used in combination with ANR serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Bagbabe53

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this for my 56-year old skin as I'm in the car a lo.t, Although I have worn SPF regularly for over 35 years (no wrinkles and few lines as a result), I find the left side of my face still has sustained a bit more sun damage than the side away from the sun. Although expensive (33 USD) a small amount spreads easily, and it's a nice base under foundation on days when I wear foundation. Does not make my skin greasy, just soft and protected. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by chica21608

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for quite some time now. During the summer, I use the lotion and in the winter I use the cream. I love that its has SPF and has antioxidants. It makes my skin feel smooth and supple, so that my makeup goes on smoothly. I've tried other brands because this can be expensive, but I haven't run into anything close to this. The smell of cucumbers is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 11:53:00 AM More reviews by scooter13

This is my first review on MUA but I just had to say how wondeful this product is. I was looking for a sunscreen that did a little more than just protect from the sun, w/o having to use a separate remover. I bought this because the SA didn't have samples but stated that Estee Lauder guaranteed all their moisturizers (which means I could return if I didn't like -great option since it was expensive).
I have been wearing this under power foundation and my skin feels wonderful. I actually tried it at night a couple of times when I couldn't find my nighttime AHA, and I actually woke up looking better than when I do use the AHA and I swear my pores are smaller!!!

EDIT: Still love this, but found something even better at a fraction of the price (Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew SPF 28)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by HKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. I've been using it for about a month and I think it is contributing to the new brightness and evenness of my skin tone. Doesn't cause breakouts and is perfect for normal skin. A little expensive ($38), but well worth it as it has tons of wonderful ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this cucumber smelling face cream after using the Hydra one just like it for dry skin. The girl at the EL counter told me I was using the wrong product so I bought this one. I now have both. If you blind fold me I can not tell the difference. Except this one smells more like cucumbers and the other more clean. One is 38.00 and the other is 40.00. Similar prices and similar products. I believe one has more SPF but I am not positive.

This is not my HG face cream. It does not break me out but it does not do any better than vitamin E cream by Walgreen's drug store. I have mild Roseaca and minor acne. My face is fair in color and is super sensitive. It does not like too many products on it to begin with.

Still searching for the HG moisturizer.......

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by rkdens

I like this moisturizer a lot! The smell is great and it smooths my skin beautifully. I just switched to this from the cream spf 15, which I also love for the winter months. Doesn't feel greasy and leaves silky soft skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by lily14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous product. Definitely the HG for me. I have very sensitive, very fair rosacea skin which requires significant sun protection all year round (I must wear at least SPF25). Practically every moisturiser and sunscreen on the market makes my skin burn, aggravates the rosacea, causes break-out - you name it I get it. However, this product fulfills my every requirement. It is soothing to my sensitive skin. It does not cause break-out or make my rosacea worse. It provides excellent antioxidant protection. It has a decent sun protection of SPF30, and it provides ample moisturisation for my skin. It also has a lovely fresh cucumber-like smell. I have been using this ever since it came out (can't remember just how long that is!) and am still as happy with it as ever. I have been lured to try the odd new product now and then, but they are always consigned to the cupboard and I come back to this within a few days. My only complaint is the packaging. The container is too stiff for the thickness of the cream, so you have to have it standing upside down all the time to get the stuff out. However, the product is so fantastic that I'm happy to put up with this minor flaw. I can't recommend this highly enough.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i like the jar this cums in. nothing else. i cant believe i strayed from my HG lancome aqua fusion to this crap!!i have combination skin which is quite oily around my nose and dry areas on my forehead. this felt like grease on!!!way too heavy and oily and my m/u didnt look as smooth on as it usually does.just terrible. this might suit older ladies but was definitely too rich for a 21 yr old