The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product as an exfoliator before my spray tan and since you can't apply deodorant or lotion before you tan, I find this to be great because after you wash it off it leaves the skin extremely soft and silky. The smell is amazzzzzing. The price, eh. But it's a great product that will last awhile because you shouldn't exfoliate but once a week. Def will repurchase.

on 5/8/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for a little while now, I first came across this scrub when I received a bodyshop mango gift box as a present and the scrub was one of the products that came with it.

Good points: this scrub is particularly good if you have any areas of dry skin, it leaves skin unbelievably soft. I quite like using this product after shaving my legs as it makes your legs feel fantastic.

The smell is lovely (however if you don't like mangoes this would be a bad point :), )

It is very grainy (some cheaper scrubs don't have much 'bits' in them and don't seem to exfoliate as well)

Bad points: for being a scrub I find it quite pricey, so I tend to wait till they have offers on it, usually after Christmas they seem to be half price so stock up then :)

Overall it is a good product and I will continue to use it,

on 12/31/2012 10:15:00 AM

Smells nice & feels nice going on it the shower. However the greasy film it left behind on my skin is noooot worth it! I think my skin feels soft underneath the grease but it's hard to tell. I rinsed off in the shower for almost 10mins & still feel greasy. Not to mention after getting out of the shower little pieces of lint, hair etc are all sticking to my skin. Definitely will not repurchase!

on 12/16/2012 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells fruity and not overly sweet or fake. The scent isn't strong when you unscrew the lid and it looks like mango puree when you look at it. I believe the exfoliating part is sugar so I use this before I shower and scrub it on my skin when its dry. When you rinse this off you will notice your skin is a bit greasy and film like so some people might not like that feel. It kind of bothered me at first but I got used to it. Just make sure to rinse off your shower because the next person that gets in that shower might slip. No joke. The best part I liked about this was that when I dried off, my skin felt super soft and I didn't even need to apply body lotion like I normally do every time I get out of the shower. I got this during a sale at the body shop and even though I put I would purchase this again, its rather a maybe instead. I like the tree hut Brazil nut scrub hands down, but I like this because its super moisturizing. I purchased this during a sale at the body shop, and the next time I go in I might try another body scrub but probably a different scent.

on 11/17/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this body scrub! It smells great, and really gives the body a great cleanse. It is pricey, I would love to find a drugstore dupe for this. It does leave an oily film on the skin, however it doesn't bother me. I hope the Body Shop comes out with more scents.

on 8/26/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really love this sugar-based scrub because it smells fruity and fresh. The scent reminds me of peach ice tea! It exfoliates well and moisturises too (it leaves a slight oily residue on the skin) so it's good for dry to very dry skin types. The excess oil can be towelled off and leaves your skin super soft. I particularly like that the mango fragrance lingers on the skin. I do think it's expensive for a scrub but I always pick up TBS products on sale as they constantly have web promotions and special offers in store.

on 8/18/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a salt (or is it sugar) scrub which means it melts on your wet body, leaving you with nothing to scrub with. The main reason why I prefer something with exfoliating beads or crushed shells that won't melt into nothingness. Another down side is that this scrub is super oily, it leaves a greasy film, and although it might feel moisturizing to some but I really don't like it, I usually have to use soap to wash it off again. The mango scent is divine though, just like the body butter, it's super fruity and pleasant. Good for very dry skin as it advertises, but for normal/dry skin it's a bit too much.

on 6/22/2012 10:20:00 AM

Mango body scrub is one of my favorite scrubs, i bought a value pack and use once a week, my skin is dry and this scrub gives enougth scrub but never dry my skin out, I give 4 stars because it leaves a greasy feeling on my skin...but you will notice how your skin are smooth next time in your shower!!!!
And the price is pretty good, if you love it, just buy a few of them when The body shop is on sale

on 5/5/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have normal skin, but decided to buy this knowing that it was for very dry skin. I'm glad I did. It's extremely moisturizing and I don't even have to apply lotion afterwards. I usually get in the shower for about 5 minutes, get out and apply this on my legs/arms/butt, then jump back in the shower. (the heat from the shower will melt the exfoliate). It smells great too.

on 2/5/2012 3:01:00 PM

Love the smell. I didnt read it was for dry skin when i got it, but it really is :s when i wash it off it leaves a greasy trace behind it. it doesnt bother me so much, i think its good for these parts of my body that i never ever moisturize. but its just something i didnt see coming!
its quite expensive but i think all body scrubs are