October 22, 2014 | 2007 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Mango Body Scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells nice & feels nice going on it the shower. However the greasy film it left behind on my skin is noooot worth it! I think my skin feels soft underneath the grease but it's hard to tell. I rinsed off in the shower for almost 10mins & still feel greasy. Not to mention after getting out of the shower little pieces of lint, hair etc are all sticking to my skin. Definitely will not repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

Smells fruity and not overly sweet or fake. The scent isn't strong when you unscrew the lid and it looks like mango puree when you look at it. I believe the exfoliating part is sugar so I use this before I shower and scrub it on my skin when its dry. When you rinse this off you will notice your skin is a bit greasy and film like so some people might not like that feel. It kind of bothered me at first but I got used to it. Just make sure to rinse off your shower because the next person that gets in that shower might slip. No joke. The best part I liked about this was that when I dried off, my skin felt super soft and I didn't even need to apply body lotion like I normally do every time I get out of the shower. I got this during a sale at the body shop and even though I put I would purchase this again, its rather a maybe instead. I like the tree hut Brazil nut scrub hands down, but I like this because its super moisturizing. I purchased this during a sale at the body shop, and the next time I go in I might try another body scrub but probably a different scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by PB0102

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this body scrub! It smells great, and really gives the body a great cleanse. It is pricey, I would love to find a drugstore dupe for this. It does leave an oily film on the skin, however it doesn't bother me. I hope the Body Shop comes out with more scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this sugar-based scrub because it smells fruity and fresh. The scent reminds me of peach ice tea! It exfoliates well and moisturises too (it leaves a slight oily residue on the skin) so it's good for dry to very dry skin types. The excess oil can be towelled off and leaves your skin super soft. I particularly like that the mango fragrance lingers on the skin. I do think it's expensive for a scrub but I always pick up TBS products on sale as they constantly have web promotions and special offers in store.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a salt (or is it sugar) scrub which means it melts on your wet body, leaving you with nothing to scrub with. The main reason why I prefer something with exfoliating beads or crushed shells that won't melt into nothingness. Another down side is that this scrub is super oily, it leaves a greasy film, and although it might feel moisturizing to some but I really don't like it, I usually have to use soap to wash it off again. The mango scent is divine though, just like the body butter, it's super fruity and pleasant. Good for very dry skin as it advertises, but for normal/dry skin it's a bit too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by connieconnie

Mango body scrub is one of my favorite scrubs, i bought a value pack and use once a week, my skin is dry and this scrub gives enougth scrub but never dry my skin out, I give 4 stars because it leaves a greasy feeling on my skin...but you will notice how your skin are smooth next time in your shower!!!!
And the price is pretty good, if you love it, just buy a few of them when The body shop is on sale

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Drproctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin, but decided to buy this knowing that it was for very dry skin. I'm glad I did. It's extremely moisturizing and I don't even have to apply lotion afterwards. I usually get in the shower for about 5 minutes, get out and apply this on my legs/arms/butt, then jump back in the shower. (the heat from the shower will melt the exfoliate). It smells great too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the smell. I didnt read it was for dry skin when i got it, but it really is :s when i wash it off it leaves a greasy trace behind it. it doesnt bother me so much, i think its good for these parts of my body that i never ever moisturize. but its just something i didnt see coming!
its quite expensive but i think all body scrubs are

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lozzyhubbard

A great product. No bath or shower is without this anymore. It lasts a long time and is excellent. The smell is fantastic and the finish is brilliant I cannot sing this products praises enough.

Used with exfoliating gloves it takes off dirt you didnt even know you had and I use this every other day. It is very rough so do not use on the face but legs and arms is great for. I am sure it would give you the perfect base for tanning, I do not know this as I haven't used this before tanning.

Love this product and when i do eventually run out I will be buying it again as it is worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by nunufrog99

It's a bit rough, so I only use this on my shoulders, upper back, elbows, knees and feet at the end of my shower. It softens and moisturizes my skin really well. I really love it as a foot scrub. I feel its a lil price for the amount of product u get, but i only use it about 1 to 2 times a week, so it last for a few months making i worth the price. I also use the mango body butter with it. So the combination of the two helps keep my skin really soft during the harsh winter weather.