OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

on 8/7/2014 1:01:00 PM

I wish I had read the reviews before I decided to get this. Although it was sold in a 2 pack with a base coat which may be OPIs only way of unloading this dreadful stuff onto the public. I'm surprised that OPI put out something like this. Like the other reviews I have found that it takes forever to dry. Longer than the color coat. And it doesn't seem to ever be fully dried. When I wake up I can see how it scruntched while I slept and even 18 hours later its still not hard. I can dig my nail into it and it leaves a mark. Like puddy. I thought if I added some Essie instant dry oil that I may save this bottle by at least speeding up the dry time but no such luck. This is a tacky mess. I'm tossing it in the garbage as I would not want someone else to bother with this product.

on 8/3/2014 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the worst top coat polish I have ever used. Over polish it takes forever to try and remains somehow tacky feeling, and just as a coat over bare nails it literally peels right off. I put a coat on this morning and by dinner three nails had missing polish and I could use my thumb to easily scratch it off other nails. I own MANY OPI polishes, the colors and formulas are absolutely wonderful, but this is by far their worst product. Please don't anybody waste money on this-buy a lovely color instead and use a non OPI base and Seche Vite (OPI RAPID-DRY isn't great either :-(to do your mani. OPI is still my favorite brand though. Perhaps I will dump the top coat contents and clean the bottle and use it for oil instead, or something I can actually use. Just stick to doing colors OPI for that is where your genius lies.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product is absolutely HORRIBLE! Please save your money, it's no where near worth it. I am a fan of the regular OPI polishes, which is why i'm so shocked about this. It doesn't make your polishes last longer, if anything it makes them peel (and oh I literally mean peel) off quicker--maybe with a day's time. I figured maybe it only worked with other OPI polishes, but that wasn't it either. All in all this is a major fail and disappointment.

on 7/19/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This top coat is the worst. I can't believe it is an OPI product. It is a thick gloppy mess. It ruins perfectly dried nail polish making it look streaky and bubbled on the surface. It takes forever to dry and even after 4 hours I ended up with dings in my manicure. I will never purchase this top coat again! OPI really needs to read their reviews and rework this product.

on 7/16/2014 2:13:00 PM

I didn't like this top coat at first. It doesn't dry very quickly when using on a fresh manicure but......then I tried it under seche vite and it worked great! It gave my nails the look of a gel polish. So now I do a regular manicure with polish, OPI top coat, seche vite. There have been some polishes that I quit using because they shrunk with Seche vite(essie,zoya)I have found that if I use this combo I don't get any of the shrinkage that I previously experienced.

on 6/14/2014 11:00:00 PM

this top coat was not good! I expected it to be very good considering the brand, but was not good at all. within a day after putting it on, my nails would chip and would almost always peel off entirely. It also takes forever to dry, I would paint my nails at 4 and at 10 when I go to bed they would get messed up! if your looking a good top coat, go with seche vite. I just got it and it is so good!

on 5/25/2014 9:32:00 PM

U r better off without this…¦this top coat never once failed to chip my manicure within a day…¦nail polish would just peel off from the edge…from such a well known brand…this top coat should be recalled and reformulated!!!!!!

on 4/24/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I am giving this a good review simply because I a) got it on sale 1/2 price so don't feel as gouged and b) it's the only top coat that really keeps the nail polish on my nails.

If I use any other top coat and believe me I've tried a LOT within hours the polish simply chips off. Salon manicures, home manicure I didn't matter. Which was a bummer because I love playing with new colours and trends.

I'm happy to have a polish that finally lets me enjoy my (home) manicures for more then a day. But I agree with everyone else. I hate the drying time! And the shine fades so quickly it's disappointing to say the least.

I will keep buying this only because it helps my polish last. But I will for sure be looking for better options.

on 4/17/2014 10:08:00 AM

Completely agree with all the negative reviews. Terrible top coat, the worst I have ever tried. Takes forever to dry, horrible consistency, its an allrounf rubbish product. Avoid at all costs.

on 4/17/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the worst topcoat I have used. It does not even completely dry and I have woken up with sheetmarks on my nails. While it is thick and goes on shiny, the shine doesn't last. It also doesn't do much to protect nail color and you have to refresh it every other day. This topcoat also bubbles up and it is hard to remove. I'm still mad at myself for spending $9 on this stuff. I will not be buying this topcoat again.

Top Rated OPI Products