Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream

3.5

Purified water; tridecyl stearate, tridecyl trimellitate, dipentaerythrityl hexacaprylate/hexacaprate, butylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, coconut oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polyethylene, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, sorbitol, isocetyl stearate, bisabolol, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, oleth-10 phosphate, tea-carbomer, stearyl alcohol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.

on 5/2/2014 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Having received numerous tubes of this scrub in GWPs I've used this constantly for many years. Its an excellent product - a thick cream with a high concentration of scrub granules that does the job very efficiently.
However, I bought a full-size tube of this for the first time last year and soon afterwards read that the granules are in fact plastic microbeads, which are not biodegradeable and have been found to pollute oceans and lakes, and are harmful to ocean life.
I wouldn't say that I'm the most environmentally-friendly of people but this bothers me enough that I'm going to stop using this and any other scrub products from the Estee Lauder companies, and avoid products containing plastic microbeads from other corporations.
I tried using this scrub by wiping rather than rinsing off but that felt too abrasive, so I'll have to throw the rest of the tube away. The search begins for an equally effective product with a natural scrub agent...
...the plastic microbeads in cosmetic products are listed on the ingredients as polyethylene or polypropylene. They are also present in toothpaste, and several big name brands are currently using them. It appears that some US states are proposing to ban microbeads in products because of the damage they are known to cause.
Lots of information about this issue on the internet if you are interested or concerned.
Thanks for reading this.

on 4/26/2014 4:55:00 PM

This product is recommended by dermatologists for people with dry and/or sensitive skin. It is very gentle and moisturizing. If you have oily skin this will probably not be right for you. I think this would also be great for someone with roseasia. I don't think using a harsh scrub with large granules is good for the face. This can be used daily if needed and leaves your skin soft for makeup application I usually only use this in the shower to make sure it is all rinsed off...I have tried many, but I always go back to this one.

on 4/7/2014 7:32:00 AM

I like this. But I'd like it even more if it was MORE gritty. One of the scrubbier scrubs, but I love it rough. I wash my face, use this scrub, then follow up with washing my face again, to get everything squeaky clean!

on 3/25/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I use this almost daily with Philosophy Purity and it is gentle and effective for my dry to normal skin. I don't have many skin issues and I just want to keep my skin up with my skin as I reach 40. In the winter, I also use this on my elbows and hands and it has the perfect amount of grit to get the job done without irritating your skin.

on 3/16/2014 6:51:00 AM

I really like this product! I find it really difficult to find the balance of an exfoliator that doesn't irritate my skin but will be effective enough to give my skin a good exfoliate and scrub. Yay! This product is it!! I was a little hesitant about trying this as Clinique products can sometimes break me out, but so far this 7 day scrub has been fabulous! I LOVE the way my skin feels after using this. I recommend this to my friends and i'll definitely buy again!!

on 3/15/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was so thrilled when I finally ran out of this!

I purchased this from Sephora for either $17 or $19, I had liked the sample size okay so I thought it would be a nice scrub to use daily.

This stuff doesn't do anything I want a daily cleanser/scrub to do. My face is left feeling dirtier than before, an oily film is left all over. I had liked my sample because the scrub part is soft, more like a polisher rather than a harsh exfoliation, but there is just no point for me using this and then having to use another cleanser to get a clean face.

on 1/25/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got this as a sample. It leaves my face feeling too oily/greasy/not clean fresh at all. I have used it every other day for a while because I didn't want to toss it, and no break outs yet, but it just doesn't deliver that feeling of cleanliness, it's too thick and I have to wash my face with my cleanser again after using this. If you're looking for a daily exfoliator Aveeno positively radiant is much better.

on 1/10/2014 9:47:00 AM

Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub has better reviews than this product. However, if you're like me, and find Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub too harsh for your skin, this product is a very good substitute. I will definitely be repurchasing this product.

on 12/29/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this product at a store where I buy many of my beauty products and I wasn't familiar with it so I had no expectations. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It leaves your skin feeling so soft and applying it does not hurt your skin at all (if you're gentle obviously) like many other products of this kind. However, I recommend applying it after washing your face and leaving it moist for more comfort. Also, this will last for a long time because you don't have to apply much for each use. Only bad thing I have to say about this product is you should not use it 7 days a week (like Clinique suggests), but a few times a week only, or your skin will eventually break. Now I use this product once or twice a week before my daily Clinique's 3-step face care. Absolutely love and recommend it.

on 12/29/2013 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this scrub. I love that it contains healthy coconut oil. I feel this is a gentle moisturizing product.

Popular Scrubs