December 21, 2014 | 1233 users online

Skincare - Body - Banana Boat - Aloe

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for Banana Boat Aloe Gel as a makeup base and moisturizer. I have acne prone combination skin that also happens to be sensitive yet easily dehydrated in the non oily areas. Long story short is, I have had a tough time finding products that work for me due to the complicated nature of my problem skin.

I actually discovered this use for Aloe Vera by accident. I recently started a BP skincare regimen to control my acne, so my skin has been very red, flaky and irritated. My mother suggested I try applying Aloe Gel before bed to calm the irritation. After using it for a few days I noticed that not only was my skin was indeed less irritated, but it was somehow less greasy in the T-zone and less dehydrated everywhere else. It's almost as if the Aloe stabilized my skin to some degree. On a whim, I decided to try it under my makeup and sure enough it made a decent primer. My makeup needed less powder to set, and far fewer touchups during the day. My search is still on for a HG primer but I'll continue to make this a part of my skincare/makeup routine until I find it... And in the meantime I will also throw away all the old primers that don't work for me.

Let's be realistic here though, if you are expecting aloe gel to be a miracle product that fills in pores, lines and wrinkles, controls your oil, makes your skin look airbrushed and makes your makeup last for days you will be sorely disappointed. But if you are someone like me who gets tired of using products that make your acne worse, try this stuff before buying anything else... You might be surprised at how effective it is, and if you hate it you can save it for summer sunburns.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by zilfbambi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is an all rounder for me. I use it to:
- Moisturize my face. Excellent! It makes my skin soo much clearer, softer and controls greasiness.
- Get rid of blemishes, the antibacterial quality of aloe is excellent to zap of nasty zits
- Makeup base
- Soothing eye gel
- Minor burns/cuts
- Eyebrow gel
It works so well for my skin. I see results almost immediately! Do yourself a favour, run to your nearest drugstore and try this yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 3:23:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like I say, I always use this banana boat aloe gel, even if I dont have sunburns, but today August 4-2007, after playing at the water park with my kids, sunburn hit me bad and hard, Im in pain, so after showering and using the sooth a cane AND Aloe Aftersun Gel, I felt a whole lot better,. I highly recommend this product for harsh sunburns to none at all, great as a night gel for the face, great for combination or oily skin too!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by tabloach

THE BEST product to use if you have minor skin irritations! I had accidentally burned my hands from boiling water (1st degree) and I immediately reached for this. It immediately soothed my skin! I put a generous amount on the wound and then fanned my hands...honestly, fanning or having something blow on it (like an open car window while driving) really really soothes it! After it dries, there is a hint of green still on your skin but it can be easily washed away. Excellent product for immediate relief!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2005 6:20:00 PM More reviews by loving_life

This product is great. I had a very bad sun burn on my shoulders. It hurt so much every time something touched my shoulders. It was red for about 2 days untill I put Aloe Vera Gel by Banana Boat and my sun burn went away! The only bad thing about this product is that they add coloring... I hate coloring but other then that it`s great especially for sunburn and irritated skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2005 10:08:00 PM More reviews by QueenB2784

I read about Mena Suvari using this as a moisturizer in the newest Glamour issue, maybe April 2005? In her pics it says she wasn't wearing a drop of foundation and aloe vera gel was her secret, SO I went and bought it the next day! This stuff is miraculous! For the past few months my skin has been misbehaving and this has saved it in a weeks time! It is light, and not oily at all and I have found that my makeup lasts longer when I use this! I use it for a hair gel too and my hair is much shinier! I would definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by amlitgal

I love this aloe gel!! I use it for so much: a light moisuriser, cooling hot and tired feet and legs, and soothing sunburn. I could not be without this product - and will no doubt buy some more when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2003 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Meggers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A very good aloe vera gel. My only complaints are that I am not too fond of the fragrance and that since it comes in a pump bottle, it isn't very practical to take on trips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2003 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice aloe vera gel, a little more expensive than the no-name versions, but not by much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2002 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Shawnah

I keep this handy in the summertime. My husband is the "outdoors" type and it never fails he ends up with a sunburn. So this helps a lot. I keep it in the fridge if I know he is going to be outside alot because it never fails. I know I know put some darn sunscreen on him but that's mission impossible.