November 28, 2014 | 1840 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Translucent Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by beautyadvices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Kryolan is always a guarantee!
Affordable and high quality products...also for theater or bridal makeup!!!
When I think about a new professional product to buy...I go directly to Kryolan' store in my town.
Kryolan never lets you down, and it's so cheap!
The packaging of this powder is sooo disappointing: very unconfortable!
You can't bring with you...you have to reseal it (every time) with tape!!!
...
But if you're looking for an HD finish (like Mufe HD or Mineralize Skinfinish MAC),
a porcelain skin with no pores and redness,
a cheap products with a big size...
...you have chosen the right product!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by karamino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the shade TL4 which has a yellow undertone to match my Nc 20-25 skin and to disimulate the redness from the cold weather on my cheeks. I found the podwer to be very good quality with a flawless result but it does not control the oilies of my t-zone long enough so for this area I use the anti shine podwer with far better results. This is great to use overall your face to mattify and then apply the anti shine podwer on the more oilies parts of your face like t-zone. The jar I got is huge so I have transfered some of it to a smaller container.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Valerie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This produce is just okay. I bought the white one, but it's not really tinted. It didn't go on white for me even when first applied. It goes on matte, but doesn't control oil for long. I don't think it's much like T. LeClerc loose powder. They both contain talc and rice powder, but they really aren't similar. Might be better over foundation. I tried wearing it alone. The packaging was just horrible and I couldn't get the sifter to come off to pour it into another container.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Lucia1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is so far my favorite one. It sets the makeup very well and stays long. I have fair skin with yellow undertone, and I think purple looks better on my skin.

The container is a pain. The cover broke just one month after I bought it. It's not easy to bring it while traveling too. I have to put the powder in an empty bare minerals container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

very good quality finely milled transluscent powder. i use it mostly to set under eye concealer! love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by snottra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great powder when it comes to keeping shine away. It goes on smooth and looks great.
The packaging ain't that good. No screw lid or anything, so if you wanna bring the powder with you it's a good idea to pour some over into another jar.

Why I won't buy this again?
It gives me horrible acne. Bumps buried under the skin, painful and ugly.

But, I can still use it as a setting powder over my eyeshadow primer. No money wasted at least.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

I love this product. It's cheap and the quality of the powder is excellent. I use it on clients (especially for weddings etc) where you need a setting powder that has staying power. It works well with almost all foundations, but I think it works best with MAC Face And Body Foundation. I apply the foundation, and then use a powder puff to gently pat the Kryolan Translucent Powder onto the face. It gives a nice even finish with a matte texture. And it makes the foundation last all day long. I personally find that a powder puff gives better results than a powder brush because with a puff you can really press the powder onto the face which creates a nice finish.

I do have two of them. One that has a slightly pink tone (TL11) and another which has a golden tone (TL4). When you look at them, they both look quite light, but because it's a translucent powder, I can use them on every skin tone! It has some colour so it can provide even coverage but not enough to mess with the foundation colour. There are darker colours available, but I really don't see the point. I find that these two colours work best personally. It's a great product and it's value for money! Sure, MAC's Loose Blot Powder does the same thing, but it's way more expensive!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i use this when i do other people makeup but i think its really great. i have the white one which comes up colourless. really cheap and a great big pot of it, it sets the mu and mattifies. This one doesnt have coverage, but its a good setting powder a far as powders go

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by schmogo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading the reviews. I have very oily skin. This works extremely well on controlling the oil, better than anything I have ever used. But it makes my face look dry and washed out. For this reason I will not be using it much. Needless to say I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by anitalilac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how great this product is for what I am paying for. The reason I gave a 4 is because the container is cheap plastic and top cover has broken . Now I can't shake the powder to fall on the cover because of this. My option is to find a good container and try to transfer the contents...which is very inconvenient. But the powder itself is great and I would buy it again in a heartbeat..but in the meantime gotta get myself some alternative to store and use the powder!