Jason Natural Cosmetics Aloe Vera 84% Conditioner - Hair Nourishing Formula

3.8

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Aqua (Purified Water), Emulsifying Wax, Steralkonium Chloride, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract*, Stearyl Alcohol, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract*, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract*, Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Dimethicone, Spirulina Maxima (Spirulina) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Tocopherol (Vit. E), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract*, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Glyceryl Stearate, Triticum Vulgare (Hydrolyzed Wheat) Protein, Vegetable Glycerin, Planthenol-3 (DL-Panthenol, Ethyl Panthenol and Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl, Steardimonium Chloride), Benzyl Alcohol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance Oil Blend. *Certified Organic

on 2/24/2010 5:22:00 PM

My thick hair tends to dry out easily and poof out into a triangle at the slightest cause, and this conditioner solved both of those problems.

Something about aloe vera keeps my hair smooth and poof-free - I'll even comb pure aloe vera gel through it when it's wet sometimes. I love the way my hair looks and feels after using this conditioner: smooth, tame, and healthy.

It works well with the accompanying shampoo, but that shampoo wouldn't work on every hair type (see my review). Even if you dislike the shampoo, I recommend using the conditioner after normal shampoo if you suffer from dry or poofy hair.

on 7/9/2009 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love Jason conditioners, especially the old packaging because you get more for the same price. Certain ones I hate the smell but I have tried 2 so far and keep buying them because they are so deeply conditioning, I'm sure you could use it as a hair mask. I have naturally wavy hair and they can get freezy. I don't colour my hair but I tend to get damaged ends even though I don't use that much heat on it. The conditioning makes my hair so much easier to manage as I detangle them after I wash my hair. It is slightly more expensive than your average drugstore product but I like it so I would repurchase it. One last thing, I try to vary the way I condition my hair when I use this because I tend to get dandruffs once in a while. When I change my shampoo and conditioner it goes away.

on 5/20/2009 4:09:00 PM

I'm not sure why a lot of people hate this product, but it worked so good on my hair. I have pretty baby fine hair and this seemed to bring out the volume of it. I got it at Wal-Mart for $4 on sale and I decided to give it a try. At first I thought it was outdated because the texture of the conditioner is a bit thicker, and I thought it would just grease my hair up. But it didn't! It has kept the frizz down, the shine up, and the moisture up. The medium bottle looks like it won't last very long, but a little of this stuff goes a long way.

on 10/30/2008 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this conditioner! I use it with Jason's matching shampoo on my thick, long hair. It leaves it shiny, healthy looking, and best of all it doesn't have a strong or sickly sweet lingering smell like so many other products on the market. It's my favorite!

Well I ran out of conditioner and I happened to be at Ingles so I decided to find something there. I was really surprised that they carried this product along with a few other organic brands like Kiss My Face, Alba and Avalon Organics. This conditioner seems to do a decent job, even though the smell might take some getting used to for some people. I love aloe vera so it doesn't bother me at all. What does bother me, however, is the design of the bottle. The conditioner is so thick and the bottle doesn't seem to give very much so it's really difficult to get enough product out. I actually like the consistency of the conditioner because it seems to coat and moisturize my hair very well. For reference, my hair is very thick, dry and wavy. I think I paid about $7.00 for this.
UPDATE: It's been over a month and I'm still using and loving this conditioner. I'm still on the same bottle, and I'd just like to add how much my hair has improved since I've been using this. My hair looks so much smoother, but at the same time not at all weighed down. If I do happen to use too much my hair will feel kind of sticky, but still looks great. I've gotten several compliments on my hair recently and I owe it all to this conditioner.

I bought this product when I was on vacation because I left all my normal hair products at home. It didn't do much for my medium length, coarse, color treated hair. Seemed difficult to distribute and not moisturizing in the slightest. I left it in the hotel room.

on 1/21/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have lots of thin, wavy, dry hair that needs regular conditioning. I bought this...intrigued by the high aloe vera content and the promised nourishing benefits. I couldn't be more disappointed. The product is thick and difficult to squeeze out of the bottle. The smell is horrible, slightly medicinal. I have used the product for over a month, trying it with various shampoos and have tried leaving the product in for longer and for shorter lengths of time. Nothing works. My hair is left alternately dry at the ends and greasy/heavy underneith. It is a nightmare and requires much more frequent washing. The ends feel so dry I could cry. This is not a good conditioner but I didn't want to give up because it is such a big bottle. In the end I had to buy another one (Aubrey Organics GPB) and the difference was instant and amazing. My hair felt like hair again and is soft with lots of bounce. I will not be tempted by a Jason conditioner again as they put too much silicone in them and their formulas just do not work for me.
UPDATE:
Rather than throw this out I attempted to make it more moisturising my mixing it with a small amount of aromatherapy base oils such as almond oil. This made a big difference to the product and it performed fairly as a conditioner so I have upped the star-rating to a 2.

on 1/1/2008 5:24:00 AM

This is by far the best conditiner that I have found for naturally curly hair, along with the matching shampoo. I don't understand the other reviews. This product leaves my wavy hair beautiful and smooth with no frizz,as it promises. It takes a bit more rinsing than other conditioners to get it completely rinsed off, but that is a small price to pay for beautiful hair. Mayber the other reviewers didn't like it because they have straight hair. I have thick wavy/curly hair that is smooth and shiny with the right products and this one does it for me. I always love Jason products because they are chemical free. Out of all the natural hair products, Jason is one of the few that is really pure. I trust the name for purity and have always done well with Jason for beautiful hair.

on 8/24/2007 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have shortish dryish hair, that's fine but thick, and gets fussy with stuff that's too greasy or not greasy enough. Never coloured or otherwise treated. Scalp can be dry and is easily irritated. Probably therefore vaguely "normal." I was looking for a replacement for Aveda Brilliant, which is exorbitantly expensive in Ireland. Alas, long-term use of Aveda hair products leaves one with an addiction to hair products that smell nice, and a distaste for those that smell otherwise (i.e. most drugstore staples). I used this with the matching shampoo; I have since changed to the Jason Hemp shampoo, which is much richer and more moisturising. I left the conditioner on for about a minute or so, then massaged the scalp a little bit, then rinsed well. I did notice a need for more rinsing than with other conditioners. It smells a little weird in the hand, but lightly herbal once in the hair. So far, it works well.

UPDATE - it's good, but I've found better (Burt's Bees Green Tea and Fennel)!!! continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this conditioner alot of reviews say it made their hair greasy or dry if you have brittle abused hair then the jason shampoos and conditioners are for you, also if you like using something natural. Many people are used to lathers this doesnt mean it's cleaning or healthy give it a try but alternate with another shampoo any deep conditioner can build up on the hair so alternate with a clarifying shampoo :)

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products