November 26, 2014 | 1165 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Face Plus Sunblock SPF 23 for Normal/Combination Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by beautygirl01201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I still get some color on my face without getting burned. Great protection from the sun and doesn't make my face breakout. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2006 1:38:00 AM More reviews by skincarefreak

I used this product for 6 yrs. It was the only sunscreen that didn't break me out. It worked well for the way my skin was, but unfortunately, these last 2 yrs I've been seeing sundamage coming to the surface. This product may have helped with uvb protection, but it didn't help with uva.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by funkstar_G

man, one lippie off for finding out from the previous MUA reviews that this doesn't provide UVA protection. but thanks for the info guys. it's a real shame coz i love this and i've just bought a second tube to stock up! it moisturizes well, keeps my skin matte for most of the day and it hasn't made me break out. also great as a makeup base as it really makes your foundation 'stick' well and evenly across your face without making your face look greasy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2005 7:40:00 PM More reviews by rachvt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This made me break out with zits and left my skin looking like an oil well. Might work for someone else, but its just horrible stuff to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my HG daily facial moisturizer for years when I was younger and had bad acne. It is creamy and moisturizing without being oily--just AWESOME under makeup. I didn't stop using it for any reason other than to experiment with other brands. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2005 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Ninaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too bad what the last review said about this not having UVA protection! :-( After using this on and off for years, and loving it everytime I have used it, I'm very sad to find out this bit of information. In any case, I personally think this sunblock is so good, that to me is more of a face cream than a sunblock. I used to use it years ago and my face glowed...I thought it was because I was pregnant but after finding my old tube, and looking at the ingredients I'm thinking maybe it was this! :-P It has Aloe vera, vitamin E, collagen and elastin. I started using it again a few weeks ago and I can see a definite improvement in my skin. I might just use this as a face cream and slap on a stronger sunblock on top of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Ksimba77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just tossed mine after a 2 weeks because I found out (through information from an article in the New York Times) that it has no UVA protection. If you want UVA protection (and you should as UVA are the dreaded aging and cancer-causing rays!) the product should include one of the following ingredients: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, avobenzone, or mexoryl.

I am now trying out Neutrogena's line of sunscreens, as well as Shiseido's ultimate sun protection cream, both of which do provide UVA protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2005 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Jadejoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a moisturizer/sunscreen and base for my mineral foundation. My skin is very oily but my winter SS (Avon Becoming Brighter Days), though oil-free and more fluid feeling than the BB, hasn't been working in the humid warmer months. Strangely, the BB goes on very thick and creamy but seems to make a more matte base for later makeup applications than the Becoming SS. I put this on right out of the shower, dress myself and my toddler, then get to makeup about 10 minutes later. As others have mentioned below, it doesn' provide complete UV protection so you should try to layer it with cosmetics that provide full-spectrum coverage. This has not broken me out or caused itching under the beating sun as some sunscreens/blocks have done for me in the past. Plus, it was only $8-$9 for 4 oz., a steal compared to many facial ss. Just edited this review to make the score a 4, oops!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ryal

Love this product. It acts as a fantastic base for foundation (better than most high end moisturizers without sunscreen!), moisturizes,isn't greasy, and doesn't make me break-out. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by mariefm

I liked the texture of this sunscreen. It's a bit thick out of the tube but sinks in quickly, doesn't leave a white cast and is not greasy. It didn't break me out either. Unfortunately, it does not provide UVA I protection. Anyway, the company does not list the full ingredients on the tube so I called them asking for the complete ingredients and they sent me the following by mail:

Active Ingredients
Octyl Methoxycinnamate 7.5%, Oxybenzone 5.8%, Octyl Salicylate 5.0%

Other Ingredients
Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Dimethicone, EDTA, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methyl Acetyl Ricinoleate, Myristyl Lactate, PEG-40 Castor (Ricinus Communis) Oil, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Polyethylene, Quaternium-15, Silica, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Triethanolamine, Water continued >>