Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 2/19/2015 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The best foundation, in the worst bottle... I really love this foundation. I makes my skin look almost perfect, moisturizes and mattes the t-zone. Hate the packaging though. It's impossible to get the right amount out of it and the foundation stucks on the outside of the bottle top. Please change this Clinique, and I promise to stay by this one forever!

I first tried Clinique's Superbalanced Foundation when I received it as a sample in a magazine. I never thought I'd use a make-up sample from a magazine, but I ran out of foundation and was desperate. Needless to say, I fell in love with this smooth foundation. It evens out my skin tone and feels good on. Clinique offers tons of shades and I don't know anyone who has had trouble finding a perfect match to their skin tone. Because this product does not come in a squirt bottle it is easy to use every last drop of liquid in the bottle which means it lasts a long while. I can normally get one bottle to last me anywhere from 6 - 8 months. I've been using this foundation for 6 years and have no plans to look anywhere else!

on 1/26/2015 11:36:00 PM

Finding a color was so hard, only 2 are suitable for people with pale skin, and even then they're a bit dark if you're really white. The coverage isn't full, it's quite light. It feels alright on the skin and it didn't make me break out like most foundations do. I won't buy it again though, it dries extremly fast and is a little hard to blend.

on 1/14/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My skin is normal, not oily or too dry. In winter it's a bit dryer. No acne or other skin issues. I prefer liquid, I don't like a heavy, cakey or built-up look. My needs for a foundation are simple - something light and somewhat sheer to even out skin tone, and it must play well with other products. I usually mix this foundation with my organic sunscreen to create a TM-type thing, but also wear it alone over my SPF for heavier coverage days. The opinion below is based on wearing it alone, on top of other things.

This delivers what I need. It's not heavy, thick or cloying. I apply it over moisturizer/SPF with fingers or a sponge, no primer or any finishers/setters. Finish is essentially matte. Coverage is medium-sheer. On the skin it feels and looks like I'm wearing nothing. It lasts about 5 hours before needing refreshing. Hasn't caused me any irritation or breakouts. Very good stuff if you don't need a lot of coverage.
If you're trying to cover stubborn spots, scars, moderate to heavy redness, or if you need a thicker full coverage type of foundation, this isn't going to do it.
I quite like this product. Overall my needs are simple and this meets them.

ONLY GRIPE: The packaging sucks. Sure, the frosted glass bottle is pretty. But utility-wise, it's a pain. They should include a pump, or put it in the squeeze tubes like so many of their other products. I use a q tip to get it out

on 1/5/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I just switched to this from the Clinique redness solutions foundation because I needed a lighter shade than the redness offered. The consistency is excellent for my combination skin but the coverage is too sheer to cover my rosacea ...which is mild by the way. I hate the packaging in that it doesn't squirt it is just kind of open and can get contaminated.
probably going to return this and buy the even better foundation to see if it offers more coverage.

on 1/5/2015 2:32:00 AM

This was quite a let down for me, I thought that it would be just right for school but it isn't! The coverage is no where near as good as some of the drugstore foundations I've used and it is very watery. For the money I paid for it I am very, very disappointed.

on 12/27/2014 6:23:00 PM

Hated this! Made my skin greasy. Goes on quite thick. Not for me, gave it away

on 12/7/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

the coverage was too shiny in a bad way for me, this made my skin look more oily than it already is. I had to put powder on it to make it less shiny and so it ended up looking like makeup not like skin, this is not working for me. I used the expert face brush as somebody in MUA recommended but it still wasn't working I didn't like the shiny texture. Maybe it will work better for someone with a normal skin with only a slightly oily T-zone, but not for someone with an oily skin like me.

on 10/28/2014 1:50:00 AM

This foundation's color turns into a weird kind of orange after a while. It gets runny, makes my skin really oily and the coverage it offers for how heavy it makes your skin is ridiculous. I'm usually a big fan of Clinique but I'm disappointed. Would not recommend it and def not buying again

on 10/22/2014 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I assess foundations on two things: how it works with oily skin and how much it covers rosacea redness, as I have both. In spite of the claims that this is for oily skin, it just didn't hold up. It's too liquid for me and made my skin too oily too quickly, and that made it wear off. Also not enough coverage for me - I prefer the fuller coverage of Revlon ColourStay. I would say it's only moderate coverage at best, so not good if you need more. The colours seem ok, but not sure it's worth the price tag.