October 1, 2014 | 1874 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maaaaaaaaaan. Im sure this foundation would be great for my combination skin (my mom had always used forever) but the lightest shade (breeze) is STILL about 2-3 shades too dark for me : ( : ( : ( :( This makes me so sad, now I have to go return it!

I dont know why clinique seems to only offer midshade ranges and nothing very porcelain and nothing very dark. I cant wear any of their foundations because of this issue.

Just for your info I am about NC5 in mac (if they had an nc5 haha) so if you are similar you might be too pale for this as well.

Also, with the bottle not having a pump I feel like it would waste alot of foundation once you get to the end of it as it wont pour out of the flat surfaces inside very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lllovelyrita

My new favourite foundation! I absolutely love how flawless it makes my face look! I will definitely be repurchasing this. The only thing I don't like about it is the bottle it's in doesn't make it easy access.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryHead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation melts perfectly to the skin and leaves behind just a flawless look.
* Moisturising
* natural look

cons
* bottle without a pump
* price

Loving the product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I repurchased this foundation three times because I LOVE IT. If you can get a color match and have dry skin this is amaaazing. It makes skin feel like velvet, and the bottle lasts a long time (though you have to get the pump, otherwise it doesn't last nearly as well). I'd say medium coverage; I apply with a sponge though so that thins things a bit. Unfortunately (at least as far as this foundation goes), I've been much better about sunscreen in the year or so, and my already incredibly pale skin has gotten paler- so pale, in fact, that even the lightest shade is still too dark for me now. (mini rant- why is it so hard to find high end foundation if youre super pale?). Anyway, despite the fact I will no longer be repurchasing, I still definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by daisymay81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted not to like this foundation. After all it is not one of the foundations with all that hype around it and how could this foundation possibly beat the much more expensive foundations I have tried. For the packaging I give it pretty high marks. You have to buy the pump but it is readily available and since the foundation is a good value I don't mind buying the pump. The price is not much higher than drugstore foundations.

I have dry skin and would suggest a good primer underneath of it and a setting spray. It makes a world of difference if you have dry skin. I got the Lancôme pro base primer for Christmas and it works like a charm underneath of this foundation. The Smashbox primer did not work with this foundation for me at least. I use Urban Decay's Chill makeup setting spray for it as well. Without these two steps I found that the foundation settled into my fine lines around my mouth. I gave it four stars because it does need these two steps or it is not workable for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Clinique has a lot of good shades in this foundation line. Many of Clinique's foundations don't go light enough, but Superbalanced does. I first tried the lightest shade, "Breeze", which I was very surprised to see was too light - I'd say Breeze is approximately NC/NW10. Very light and seems pretty neutral.

So I went up to the second lightest shade, "Alabaster", which matches me nicely. Alabaster is also neutral, and I'd say is about NC/NW15-18.

Superbalanced does not oxidise on me, unlike Clinique's Acne Solutions makeup which oxidized badly on me.

Also .... You can purchase a pump from Clinique that is designed especially for the Superbalanced foundation. What's nice is that it's a one-time purchase and then you can just transfer the pump each time you buy a new bottle.

Superbalanced seems to be medium coverage, but is very buildable, so you could build it up to almost full coverage .... Or you could easily sheer it out for lighter coverage.

What works for me: Starting with clean skin, I apply ...
(1) Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus, Smooths, Restores, Corrects Serum over entire face.
(2) Clinique Repairwear Uplifting Firming Cream spf15 on cheeks and around eyes.
(3) Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer spf15 over entire face.
(4) Clinique Superbalanced foundation on entire face.
(5) Clinique Loose Powder in Neutral on entire face.
(6) Revlon Colorstay pressed powder in fair on t-zone.

My skin is combo dry cheeks/eyes, and oily t-zone .... So I don't use moisturizer on my t-zone, just the serum. Plus I use the Revlon mattifying powder on my t-zone too. This routine works well for keeping my t-zone relatively matte, and the rest of my face balanced. I get spf in the moisturizer and the primer, so that's covered too.

My makeup looks nice all day, does not change color or get darker. These products seem to work well together. So I am pretty happy with this foundation. It feels lighter and more breathable on my skin than Estee Lauder Double Wear (which I like a lot, but reserve for when I need something really bulletproof, because DW feels a little heavy on my skin). And I am really pleasantly surprised at the large range of shades Clinique now has. Seems the powers that be at Clinique have been listening to all of us pale girls, and brought out some lighter colors! Yay for that! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Kluvsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I always read reviews before buying makeup stuff, especially foundations. But this purchase was kind of on impulse (since I love Clinique products), and now I regret buying it.
I generally have oily skin and it doesn't depend on time of the year. But last summer after being a lot in the sun, my skin , especially my cheeks and forehead got really dry and even flaky. Since I was running out of my beloved Revlon colorstay foundation, I decided to get something more light wear.
This foundation is supposed to add moisture and absorb oil when and where needed. Well, you still have to moisturize your skin before application really good if you don't want your flaky skin look even worse. As for controlling oils...it is definitely not what you are looking for. Even in winter, when my skin is more normal than oily, I have to blot in two hours after application.
I wouldn't recommend it for someone with combination to oily skin (even thought it is supposed to work on you). But if you have normal or normal to dry skin (again, ladies with dry skin, it is not for you) you can try to give this foundation a go.
The coverage is medium, so if you have some acne you'd probably want to use a concealer with it. However, the foundation didn't break me out and I can give it one more star only for that.
I really wanted to love this product, but it just does not work for me. Very disappointing, Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my old favourite. I have been wearing it for years in the colour ivory. I recently switched over to the benefit oxygen wow (to try something new) and was disappointed. I now mix the o.w with this trusty old friend and it works a lot better. It can get shiny but doesn't seem to cake as much has others do. I really really recommend buying the pump that goes with it and reusing it with each repurchase. AUSTRALIAN BUYERS - I have recently found this on the website www.oo.com.au in some colours from $35 - $40 with free postage as opposed to the new "discounted" price of $50 from Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by jennifermac11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As a Clinique beauty advisor, I'd just like to mention that this foundation is intended for people with dry/dry combination skin types. It is not the best option if your concern is with oil control. It is also moderate/full coverage so it does feel a bit heavier.
I recommend perfectly real foundation for combination skin types. It offers moderate coverage and has a larger colour selection.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by aluxeruzzo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really great foundation. I was going through a phase where I felt like everything looked like crap on my skin, my face looked like an oil slick after an hour or my foundation started to look weird and blotchy and flaked up. I realized the problem was that I was buying all these foundations that were for oily skin to control my oil but my skin can be dry in areas too so the oil control was drying out my skin. I'm the type of person to completely base my opinion of whether to buy a foundation or not based on the reviews of this website and when I saw it didn't have that great of a rating I reconsidered even trying it. But, I'm so glad I bought it. It looks natrual and stays on for about 8 hours. I do have to blot my oil about 2 times, but it's much better than having crappy looking makeup. Just goes to show that just because a product doesn't have great reviews doesn't mean it won't be great for you.