Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 1/14/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My skin is normal, not oily or too dry. In winter it's a bit dryer. No acne or other skin issues. My needs for a foundation are simple - something light and somewhat sheer to even out skin tone, with satin or slightly dewey finish. I prefer liquid, I don't like a heavy, cakey or built-up look.
I've been using, and loving, Clinique moisture surge TM in shade 03. I wanted to try for just a bit more coverage, so I've been using Superbalanced in nude beige, which is just a tad lighter than the TM in 03.

This delivers what I need. I apply over moisturizer with fingers or a sponge, no primer or any finishers/setters. Finish is essentially matte, not as dewy as the TM. Coverage is medium-sheer. On the skin it feels and looks like I'm wearing nothing. I find it to have pink undertones, but that doesn't cause me any problems. It lasts about 5 hours before needing refreshing. Hasn't caused me any irritation or breakouts. Very good stuff if you don't need a lot of coverage.
If you're trying to cover stubborn spots, scars or moderate to heavy redness, this isn't going to do it.
I quite like this product. Overall I think it's very, very similar to Clinique's TM line, with the main differences being no SPF, greater shade range and a dryer, lighter, more matte finish. I have mixed this with an organic spf with good results.

ONLY GRIPE: The packaging sucks. Sure, the frosted glass bottle is pretty. But utility-wise, it's a pain. They should include a pump, or put it in the squeeze tubes like so many of their other products. I use a q tip to get it out

on 1/5/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I just switched to this from the Clinique redness solutions foundation because I needed a lighter shade than the redness offered. The consistency is excellent for my combination skin but the coverage is too sheer to cover my rosacea ...which is mild by the way. I hate the packaging in that it doesn't squirt it is just kind of open and can get contaminated.
probably going to return this and buy the even better foundation to see if it offers more coverage.

on 1/5/2015 2:32:00 AM

This was quite a let down for me, I thought that it would be just right for school but it isn't! The coverage is no where near as good as some of the drugstore foundations I've used and it is very watery. For the money I paid for it I am very, very disappointed.

on 12/27/2014 6:23:00 PM

Hated this! Made my skin greasy. Goes on quite thick. Not for me, gave it away

on 12/7/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

the coverage was too shiny in a bad way for me, this made my skin look more oily than it already is. I had to put powder on it to make it less shiny and so it ended up looking like makeup not like skin, this is not working for me. I used the expert face brush as somebody in MUA recommended but it still wasn't working I didn't like the shiny texture. Maybe it will work better for someone with a normal skin with only a slightly oily T-zone, but not for someone with an oily skin like me.

on 10/28/2014 1:50:00 AM

This foundation's color turns into a weird kind of orange after a while. It gets runny, makes my skin really oily and the coverage it offers for how heavy it makes your skin is ridiculous. I'm usually a big fan of Clinique but I'm disappointed. Would not recommend it and def not buying again

on 10/22/2014 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I assess foundations on two things: how it works with oily skin and how much it covers rosacea redness, as I have both. In spite of the claims that this is for oily skin, it just didn't hold up. It's too liquid for me and made my skin too oily too quickly, and that made it wear off. Also not enough coverage for me - I prefer the fuller coverage of Revlon ColourStay. I would say it's only moderate coverage at best, so not good if you need more. The colours seem ok, but not sure it's worth the price tag.

on 10/21/2014 7:51:00 PM

I purchased this product only because the Clinique rep said it was the closest replacement for the Almost Makeup foundation Clinique discontinued. She thought a bb cream or tinted moisturizer would not provide adequate coverage. I absolutely loved the Almost Makeup but the Superbalanced Foundation is not at all comparable. Not to say that this is a bad product--- its merely OK.

I prefer a lighter coverage and the Superbalanced is just a tad too heavy for my liking. (I do agree with the other reviewers who describe it as a medium coverage.) Fortunately, I found a way to apply it in the lightest way possible with the Real Technique's Expert Face brush so I can at least use it up.

The wear-time seems alright---- but I have only started to use foundation on a daily basis and throughout an entire work day in the last year, so I really don't have much to compare it to. My face doesn't look perfect at the end of 8 hrs (fading occurs) but there is enough coverage to get by. Again, not sure if any foundation holds up that well after a full day of wear.

Because I am not at all wowed by this product and it is merely satisfactory in many aspects, I will not be repurchasing but will instead be looking for something else to replace my Almost Makeup.

on 10/12/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I believe this product was reformulated from the first time I used it years ago, according to the ingredients list. I have sensitive skin(Rosacea) and have to change products often because of this.

I recently started using this again and it is doing a great job. I use a foundation brush and one pump is all I need to cover.

Make sure you buy the pump, it's well worth it. I keep reading complaints about bottle not having a pump, but it is a separate purchase....well worth $2.00...

This is good for covering redness and I am very pale, so I use this in the color Breeze, not too pale or dark.

The one thing that I don't understand is someone saying it doesn't have enough moisture, which if you do your three steps before applying foundation, then your moisturizer should take care of that. This foundation is so easy to apply and smooth.

The people who will find they like this foundation the most are those who prepare their skin. I tried this without my three steps and didn't like it as well. I also tried a heavier makeup that I use at night and found the same thing. Your skin care is so so important to any foundation.

on 10/7/2014 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I don't understand why the counter ladies keep giving me pinkish foundations when I told them I'm yellow *sigh*
Even it says is foy oily skin leaves me a grease sensation on my normal/dry skin. Did break out a little with this.
The bottle is sturdy but hideous package for a foundation, I might suggest invest in a large metal spatula.