October 25, 2014 | 1045 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by miafiona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall really nice. My skin type- normal /dry cheeks with a slightly oily tzone and blemishes in the tzone making me have a combination skin type. (I am a type 2 in the clinique skincare system.) Pros of this foundation - This stuff is great if you don't like that feel of heavy makeup. It feels very light which I like very much. It has a very lovely smell.the coverage is good for
Me it gives a natural finish to my skin and would say it is a medium coverage. Doesn't look cakey and appears fairly natural. Amazing for sensitive skin. I have super sensitive skin and find most foundations break me out. This is great for delicate skin. Cons of product - the packaging I do not like I find a pump would be more practical and would distribute a more appropriate amount. Glass is very pretty on your vanity table but not practical. My shade (04 cream chamois ) is slightly slightly orangey but I have a bit of a tan so isn't a problem. Not sure what other shades were like but this shade wouldn't be good for. Very fair skin. The product does get rid of redness of blemishes but due to it only being medium coverage larger blemishes would need concealer. Lasts about 4 hrs on my skin without powder with powder about 6. Do need to touch up a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by iamjuliat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation I've ever used, and it's not too bad. Coverage is always good, and the colour matches my skin perfectly. However, the one major issue I have with it is shine/oil control. My skin, in particular on my nose, gets very shiny, and I notice some shine even after just an hour of wearing this foundation. It's supposed to control the oil, however on my nose, the most oil prone area of my face, it doesn't. It's annoying to have to keep blotting and reapplying powder. However, it's not too pricey compared to other brands, so it does the trick in terms of coverage if I'm just going out for a few hours. I like the buildable nature of this foundation, and it's not cakey either. It's only downfall is the oil control, for me at least. Perhaps for people with skin that isn't oily, this may work better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup is overall a decent foundation, but not the right one for me. You see, this is marketed for, and I quote, "dry combination to combination oily" with me having the latter. I got this foundation on my very first trip to Sephora for about $23 USD becuase of the mainly positive reviews here and becuase Superbalanced gives you a bit more product for a tad smaller price than other Clinique foundations. I have had this foundation for about three months, so I believe I've gathered more than enough information on it to share my opinion. Without further ado, here is my review.

The closest shade to my skin tone is 34 Nude Beige (think Kim K) which is a tad too yellowish for my rosier hue, but suffices. Superbalanced Makeup has a thin, liquidity consistency making it fairly easy to spread with a sponge. I find that fingers and brushes only make it go on streakier. However, I cannot see anybody getting more than light coverage out if this as this seems impossible to layer without it caking up or seeping deeper into pores/fine lines. Oh, and don't even think about not priming your face before this foundation! Any uneven surfaces on your skin, whether it be a blemish or dry patch, etc. will cause this to seriously cake.

The lasting power is pretty adequate, even slightly impressive for the high Florida heat and humidity. On average, I can get about six hours of wear before this starts looking even more unnatural and some redeness starts peeking through. I find that finishing powders helps prolong it by an hour or so, but my goodness, I look like I've severely overpowdered myslef. What an inconvenience!

Speaking of inconveniences, the packaging doesn't have a pump! Having a liquid foundation in pumpless bottles is like having loose powder in packaging without a filter. It's going to get everywhere! In addition, if you have a tendency to have butterfingers you should pass up on this becuase it comes in a glass bottle. I get nervous just holding it!

Like I said, Superbalanced Makeup is decent overall. It lacks in buildability, packaging, coverage, and having natural finish. It succeeds in color range, availability, lasting power, not breaking me out, and the ability to spread it. Like most liquid foundations, a little goes a long way. I cannot reccomend this due to the main problems I have with it such as it enlarging my pores, gathering around uneven surfaces, and not covering redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by aliciamarie61592

I love this foundation. I am pretty picky when it comes to foundation but Clinique's foundation is my favorite by far. I spent $42 at Macy's and it is well worth the price. It matches my skin tone perfectly and lasts all day. I live in a hot and dry climate, so it's hard to find a foundation that doesn't melt off after a few hours. It's a lightweight foundation and feels great on my skin while covering up problem areas and evening my skin tone. I also noticed that after a few days of using it, I had a huge reduction of breakouts. I apply 2 layers of foundation and even with the 2 layers, it still feels natural and not caked on. The only downfall of this stuff is the bottle it comes in. It's kinda messy :/ but overall, I LOVE this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by A66x

I love this foundation. It provides a moderate coverage but can be built up to full coverage without looking cakey. It gives a natural dewy look and a little goes a long way. The staying power is quite impressive as I don't need to re apply it at all after an 8 hour busy shift at work. On nights where I would like a more matte finish or more coverage I use Clinique setting powder to finish it off and it is absolutely flawless! I have a dry forehead and cheeks and this foundation doesn't cling to those areas at all. It also stays well on my nose and chin where I do get a little more oily as the day goes on. Does not cause me to break out and feels great on the skin. Definitely my HG foundation, thank you Clinique!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maaaaaaaaaan. Im sure this foundation would be great for my combination skin (my mom had always used forever) but the lightest shade (breeze) is STILL about 2-3 shades too dark for me : ( : ( : ( :( This makes me so sad, now I have to go return it!

I dont know why clinique seems to only offer midshade ranges and nothing very porcelain and nothing very dark. I cant wear any of their foundations because of this issue.

Just for your info I am about NC5 in mac (if they had an nc5 haha) so if you are similar you might be too pale for this as well.

Also, with the bottle not having a pump I feel like it would waste alot of foundation once you get to the end of it as it wont pour out of the flat surfaces inside very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lllovelyrita

My new favourite foundation! I absolutely love how flawless it makes my face look! I will definitely be repurchasing this. The only thing I don't like about it is the bottle it's in doesn't make it easy access.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryHead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation melts perfectly to the skin and leaves behind just a flawless look.
* Moisturising
* natural look

cons
* bottle without a pump
* price

Loving the product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I repurchased this foundation three times because I LOVE IT. If you can get a color match and have dry skin this is amaaazing. It makes skin feel like velvet, and the bottle lasts a long time (though you have to get the pump, otherwise it doesn't last nearly as well). I'd say medium coverage; I apply with a sponge though so that thins things a bit. Unfortunately (at least as far as this foundation goes), I've been much better about sunscreen in the year or so, and my already incredibly pale skin has gotten paler- so pale, in fact, that even the lightest shade is still too dark for me now. (mini rant- why is it so hard to find high end foundation if youre super pale?). Anyway, despite the fact I will no longer be repurchasing, I still definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by daisymay81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted not to like this foundation. After all it is not one of the foundations with all that hype around it and how could this foundation possibly beat the much more expensive foundations I have tried. For the packaging I give it pretty high marks. You have to buy the pump but it is readily available and since the foundation is a good value I don't mind buying the pump. The price is not much higher than drugstore foundations.

I have dry skin and would suggest a good primer underneath of it and a setting spray. It makes a world of difference if you have dry skin. I got the Lancôme pro base primer for Christmas and it works like a charm underneath of this foundation. The Smashbox primer did not work with this foundation for me at least. I use Urban Decay's Chill makeup setting spray for it as well. Without these two steps I found that the foundation settled into my fine lines around my mouth. I gave it four stars because it does need these two steps or it is not workable for me.