December 20, 2014 | 1239 users online

Loose Powders - Jurlique - Silk Dust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by kyriel19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product! i'm using the one in rose, and its almost finished =( this is probably the only powder that doesn't break me out, so definite repurchase! i hate the container though. difficult to get the powder out. i've ended up shaking the powder out on my hands especially since its almost finished, but i'm sure there's a better way to do it. i bought mine from duty free and its definitely pricey to get it from dept stores. as for oil-control, it does control the oiliness through the day, and lasts long. i thk i'll try the citrus one next, but rose is really good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by hetsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A powder I go back to when the the weather becomes humid. It looks terrifying at first but rest assure it blends into your skin tone. FYI I am a NC40 girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pattie0911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 8 months n it's the smoothest powder ever! Works pretty well if it's used for mildly oily skin. I use this with either the ecotools kabuki or blush brush n powder application turns out fine either way :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by stephaniesteeg

UPDATE: 3/10
I really love this product. It looks flawless after you put it on, and lasts for a good 4-6 hours. A touch up is needed by the end of the day but thats pretty good to me. A little goes a long way. Will keep buying. Smell is lovely!

2/10; Just to let you know my skin type, Always struggled with mild to cystic acne, some red scarring, oily but yet can look dry skin, semi large pores, few ice pick scarring. Reading all of these reviews made me smile so off I went to buy my Jurlique Rose Silk Dust! It literally just came in the mail 20 minutes ago, I applied it over my makeup & I think I am IN LOVE. My pores are barely visible. I hope this will not clog my pores & cause me to break out because I think I finally found something good. I will update in a week! I am now off to work a 8 hour work day so lets see how well it works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by gribble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(For the Rose Silk Finishing Powder)
I have had this quiet little performer in my handbag for a while now and have completely forgotten to praise it on here. Of course, loose finishing powders are a dime a dozen and normally wouldn't catch my attention. This one, however, is just divine and always a pleasure to use. I keep it in my handbag for shine blotting purposes and I can't live without it. Doesn't cake, smells like roses, and the packaging is kick ass. I never would have thought I could carry a loose powder in my handbag successfully, but this is one excellent container. The lid clicks tight with the sponge-puff and travels well (if you have the handbag space for a whole loose powder container, of course).

Mine is also embarrassingly old (it expired in May '09, I hate throwing perfectly good things out) and is still going strong, with plenty left and no texture/smell change at all. Would I buy again? For sure, no other loose powder packaging has made itself so convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by irisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will not live without this product again! After googling oil control products, I found heaps of people recommending this powder (mostly the Rose silk dust). I checked out the website and decided to go with the Citrus Dust as it's made for oily skin. First off, it smells great, I love putting it on and smell that fresh scent for ages. I use a face powder brush to apply, as you really don't need alot, and I mainly apply it to my T-zone. Before this I would normally get oily within 1-2 hours after putting on my makeup. Now it might take anywhere from a few hours to lasting all day before I get a kind of oily look. I mainly get a "glow" now. Some days I do have to blot and sometimes reapply, but it never looks cakey on me, and I would always get this when I'd try to top up with normal face powder. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by strawbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is convenient for carrying around and smells nice. Does not mattify well at all

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the rose scented version, not too easy to find in the UK and quite pricey, but so light and luxurious feeling. I don't tend to use it to set foundation, just use it alone to keep the oilies at bay when wearing very little make-up. Lovely product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ApplePark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This is a review for the Citrus Silk Finishing Powder**
If you are oily, you need this product. It's controls oil better than any primer, any blot powder. I have tried MAC Blot, UD de-slick, MUFE, Shu, YSL and so many (seriously you name it, I've tried it). I used this product on my wedding day (on the beach, in July and in Mexico) and it really sucked everything up. I love the citrus, fresh scent.

My application process - I use this as a powder primer. Using a foundation brush I dab the powder and then shake off access. I go across my t-zone (after primer and liquid foundation but before setting powder), and then I finish with the setting powder of my choice (usually Guerlain Meteorites.

Warning - do not use the puff as an applicator. You need very little product to control oil.

My only wish is that this came pressed for touch-ups throughout the day.

Ingredients: Zea mays (Corn) Starch; Oryza sativa (Rice) Starch; Silica; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Iris florentina (Orris) Root Extract; Salvia officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract; Arnica montana Flower Extract; Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract; Calendula officinalis Flower Extract; Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract; Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract; Prunella vulgaris (Self Heal) Flower Extract; Spilanthes acmella Flower Extract; Lauroyl Lysine; Glycerin; Aqua (Water); Alcohol; Limonene*; Linalool*; Citral*; Citronellol*; Eugenol*; Geraniol*; Farnesol*; Benzyl Benzoate*.

* From Natural Essential Oil (Palmarosa - Cymbopogon martini; Lemon - Citrus medica limonum; Tangerine - Citrus tangerine; Rosewood - Aniba rosaeodora; Rose - Rosa damascena

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Vain1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PERFECT. I have incredibly oily skin and if you do too, then this is a must have for you as well.

I'm aware of my oiliness and I take this into account in relation to everything I apply on my face. I ensure I use a long wearing oil free foundation, as well as oil free moisturiser. I have tried many matte/ oil control powders and none of them have worked out for me. From my experience they're weren't effective at oil control, they broke me out, it made me look like I powdered my face with flour or they contain cheap ingredients such as talc that irritate my skin.

This product is amazing because it is so finely milled and truly transparent - no cake effect. Most importantly - it controls oil!!! Yes I will need to blot - probably once, but that's reasonable for a greasy gal. Also, even though it's so effective at controlling oil - the finish is still luminous and my skin looks healthy (not oily). It's not a flat unflattering matte.

Price wise - reasonable for 10g and the quality. You won't be caking this on - a little goes a long way. Functionality of packaging - I love it. It's very pretty and the most functional you'll ever get for a loose powder. No point complaining about the mess - it's inherent in the nature of the product, being a loose powder. Jurlique have done a fantastic job with packaging - the puff is like a stopper, stopping product coming out and I like how the sifter is a dark colour, which allows you to see precisely how much you've shaken out.

I love this product. I wish I had discovered it sooner.