July 22, 2014 | 1146 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Boots - No7 Dual Action Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kris10tank

I was using neutrogena eye makeup remover for a long time, but just recently my eyes have become very sensitive. So I decided I would try a different type of eye makeup remover. Because the reviews were so great for this one, I went ahead and bought it. For the cheap price and the effectiveness of removing all my eye makeup without burning my skin or eyes I gave it a good rating. Will keep continuing to use this unless my eyes become sensitive again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic remover. Even if you wear contacts as I do, don't be scared about using this product. It may feel a bit oily around the eye area when you finish but short of actually pouring the product directly into your eye, you will not get any of that nasty film over your eyes like some products (Lancome comes to mind) that we could mention. Effective dispensing method, no fragrance and zero iriritation. And, did I mention, it does a reallly effective job ar removing all eye makeup? Wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by GlitterPuss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is THE make-up remover.
Admittedly I think they changed something in it about a year ago and so now it seems SLIGHTLY less effective but is really is great- the only one that gets rid of it all, waterproof eye products and all. And the best thing (compared to the Lancome version that is similar) is that it doesn't leave your eyes completely greased up. I'm a contact lens wearer and don't have any trouble using it even with my lenses in.
Buy it now girls!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by kinkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was given to me.

I think it is quite good at removing makeup- waterproof too. It is effective in removing makeup only if I soaked the cotton pad with the product, hold it against my eye for 15sec (so it sinks in) and then wiped it off.

I really don't like the oily feel afterwards. I usually jump in the shower after removing makeup anyway so I can cleanse it off but I definitely cannot use it in the morning if I'm in a rush.

The fact that the oil sits on top of the remover means you have to shake it up (to mix it) before you can use it. When using the pump, it didn't seem to be pumping any of the oil out. And shortly after I started using the product the pump broke! I somehow think that my vigorous shaking (just to make sure the product is mixed) is the cause of it.

This product is not for me. I just really don't like the oiliness.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by bethch

This is a great product! It is gentle on the eyes and gets mascara off in one sweep. My Diorshow is the toughest, most waterproof mascara ever and whatever I use, there is usually some left on which lead to clumping. This got it off perfectly which made my mascara go on a lot smoother in the morning! Not greasy. 10/10 No7

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by olivetofu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thanks for MUA I found an inexpensive, but potent eye makeup remover. You all don't know how desperate I was for a good one.

Here's what happened:

So I bought Majolica Marjoca Lash Enamel Glamour Mascara...I was really excited because my lashes looked great and really popped out. Later at night when I was trying to remove, it wouldn't come off. In fact, when I swiped a cotton ball douched with my old makeup remover across my lid, nothing showed up on the white ball. I kept rubbing, but in the end, there was a lot left and my lids were hot and red.

Then I checked MUA and told myself to run to Target ASAP the next day.

I woke up the next day and my lashes still had the mascara on. I mean, it was nice waking up to curled, dark, thicker lashes, but it worries me because I didn't want my lashes shriveling up and falling off because of the water-resistant mascara.

When I found it, it was a cute, frosty bottle filled with blue fluid, complete with a cap and a twisted pump. It didn't say "Dual Action" on it, but it did say "cleanses and conditions." It was about $8 US.

And it worked! My make-up came off. I think it works better than MAC's waterproof eye makeup remover. When I tried to take it off at the MAC store, the makeup artist there was surprised how long it took me to remove it.

So let me sum it up:

PROS:
great packaging: twisted to close/open and cap helps keep your makeup bag clean
removes water-resistant mascara
inexpensive

CONS:
none as far

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Gemma_Louise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG eye makeup remover and I have tried just about everything! It wipes the floor with the Lancome one I tried, which cost about 3 times as much!

I have very sensitive eyes and this does not irritate them. It removes every trace of mascara and I wear an Almay one which I find quite difficult to remove with any other eye makeup remover.

The packaging is good too because of the pump dispenser which prevents any mess. I only wish this came in a larger size, as I do get through it quite quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Dee2007

Wouldn't even bother to try another eye makeup remover I'm so happy with this one. Need to use a little toner to remove the residue if I'm putting makeup on straight away but thats the only side effect! I've very sensitive eyes and this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having read the good reviews on MUA and as I had a 5 voucher for No.7, I thought I'd give this a try as I only had to splash out 1.25. This eye make-up remover has been renamed by Boots and is now called "Cleanse & Care" but the ingredients and formulation remain the same (I am assured!). I was very impressed. First of all I loved the pump dispenser! At last a sensible solution that prevents half of it spilling onto the bathroom floor. Very impressive results - it disolved my Lancome Fatale mascara (2 coats of it!) beautifully, without having to rub and left my eyelashes & lids feeling soft. Another plus - it didn't irritate my sensitive, contact lens wearing eyes. Yes there is a slightly oily feel to this remover but its not unpleasant and it doesn't leave that greasy 'film' over the eye itself as some other bi-phasic removers do. There is only 100ml in a bottle and that's not much for the price (and why I removed 1 lippie), but as you don't have to use a lot of product it could be worth it in the long term. My new HG remover and by Boots No.7 - I'm rapidly becoming a convert to this brand and I NEVER imagined I would. Thanks Boots - I'll definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 11:36:00 AM More reviews by LauraRosie

Love this! I have sensitive and spot prone skin and removing my makeup at night ensures my skin doesn't look awful and this stuff makes the job a lot easier. I found that this removes tricky stuff like waterproof makeup, glitter, eye primer and doesn't leave an oily residue. Better still, it conditions my eyelashes a treat and now they look great!