November 23, 2014 | 1929 users online

Liquid - Black Opal - black opal oil free foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2005 10:47:00 AM More reviews by juicydiva

I really wanted to like this since I've had such good luck with this line of products. I purchased this in Heavenly Honey and this was just made me look oily and the color had no staying power. Also as the day went on and I checked the mirror, it was a fake orange color. Anyway, my search is on.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2005 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, as it actually came in a shade that matched my skin tone almost perfectly. Unfortunately, this foundation wore off way too quickly on my skin--it was almost as if it never really set, and would wipe off on any suface that came into contact with my face. This happened with both the liquid and the stick, but I managed to make the stick stay on a bit longer by barely applying it to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2004 5:19:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use truly topaz in the summer and a mix of that and rich caramel in the winter, and i find that this is one of the few golden foundations that isnt a)ashy, b)yellow, or c)orangey. Also it's great because it doesnt clog up my pores.. only minus is that it rubs off easily!

UPDATE (JANUARY 2007).. i started using Mac's studio finish matte (the tube one), and i really prefer the coverage from that, HOWEVER this is the only foundation that matches my skin color PERFECTLY. it does wipe off easily, and my skin sometimes eats it up, but i fix that by using a silicone base underneath and MAC blot powder and setting powder on top. i have oily skin and it still lets me glow without being shiny.

overall : great for daytime use, but if you're hitting the clubs or anything, use the stick and lots of powder... like the witch in the wizard of oz, u might find yourself melting, melting!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2003 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kelli1982

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product when I first put it on however it didn't last throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 2:46:00 AM More reviews by makeupbyerin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

bought this after reading that it was used on Beyonce Knowles in Austin Powers and now I can see why!! This is a great foundation...not greasy at all (I have oily skin) It lasted throughout the day and comes in alot of colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2003 12:52:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlblack

This foundation sucks! The stick version isn,t any better. Too orange and many of the colors are not very good.