October 23, 2014 | 1022 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Facial Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I bought this for my 15 y/o brother to use in the shower and he likes it. But he also have oily skin, I wouldn't suggest anyone with dry skin to use this tho' I think it'll be too drying. sometimes I use this when my face feels extra oily and I want that squeaky clean feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

good value and available everywhere. really simple and very clean feeling afterwards! my mum and sister both use these and love it!
Wow! I ended up really liking this product due to it's ability to help with my oily skin. Great when I need to dry out a few small pimples, and never causes me grief! Love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by simplysarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It works but it drys out my skin! And it gets messy and soggy... But it does work and I would buy it again. It's super simple which sometimes that's all you really need. All of those crazy acne products tend to make acne worse since your putting more energy and thinking about it more! Simple is the way to go ladies!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by brodyha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a sensitive skinned late thirties woman prone to acne, I tend to be selective when it comes to any face products. Neutrogena's natural line appealed to me bc of the "cleaner" ingredients. I found the soap to be very lacking in luxury (no surprise as it's a bar for around $3). It is very drying and gives that squeaky clean feeling but not really smooth.... sort of in a soap scummy kind of way. The eye stinging that everyone keeps talking about is very real... so it's not the best all purpose cleanser (i.e. makeup removal). Another reviewer suggested applying moisturizer right away. I second that notion because of the severe dying out. It seemed to have worked well for many, but I'm not terribly impressed. I had a new breakout... so I think I'm going back to the Refreshing Cleanser Gel by Avalon Organics. It's about $5-6 more but I think well worth it because it leaves my skin more balanced and ultimately clear. Isn't that a large part of the reason we use cleanser anyway? :-) It may work for you but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by youngandbeautiful1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it is really great people say its to dry on their skin but it says that your recommended to use some type of moisturizer after using it but you must keep it very dry because it melts easily if kept in a wet area

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by thisisnothollywood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Waaaay to dry on my skin....smelt aweful too.
Wouldn't buy again. On the body this would be okay, but thats about it Im afraid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by applecour

this has become my hg facial cleanser! I have been bouncing around with different facial cleansers since I was 16. My skin used to be perfect until I gave into the hype of a clean and clear cleanser. from then on I experienced nothing but breakouts and clogged pores, especially on my chin and forehead. while I was pregnant my skin was perfect and I could use anything on it. After about 3 months post partum, we were back to square one. I decided that maybe what my face needed was something gentle and took the "less is more"approach that is used in my teens. let me tell you, my skin is So Clean! It's so clear and pretty I just am in love with this bar. I stayed away for about a month after my husband and I moved to a new house and I didn't have a bar on hand, and my face freaked out! tons of clogged pores, pimples on my forehead and chin and even some large nasty cysts! with the help of this soap and some a&d ointment, my face is almost 100% again. I'll never buy anything else. and it's so cheap!

EDIT: This thing burns your eyes so bad! I had started to get used to having to rinse my face really well, but I always feared opening my eyes after washing my face because 9 times out of 10, it really really burned my eyes. Also, it is super drying. Due to my clog-prone skin, I can't use a thick moisturizer to make up for it. HOWEVER! It cleans brushes insanely well! I put it in a soap dish and swirl my brushes on top when they need a wash. They get so clean, it's awesome for this use. I would purchase again just for this, but not for my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by 33Lisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought it once as a teenager for my acne-prone skin. Didn't do anything for the acne. Made my skin feel very tight and stripped, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the facial bar for acne prone skin and it works really well for me. This soap doesn't irritate my skin and it works better than liquid facial cleansers for me. For some reason most liquid facial cleansers cause me some sort o of irritation. My complexion is looking more even and there is a notable decrease in redness and breakouts since I started using this facial bar. I love this stuff this is my new HG cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been battling a lupus rash on my face and my usual cleansing regime was causing my skin to become more irritated. This is my morning soap for starting my day with a fresh face without drying it out or irritating my rash. It's soothing and calms my skin down.

For evening cleansing and makeup removal I use the Cetaphil cleanser which takes my makeup off and sooths my skin for my evening medication applications.

I've used Neutragene products off and on for years and trust them fully.