July 28, 2014 | 1672 users online

Hair Color - Fudge - Paint Box Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by strawberryrani

I have tried loads of different bright coloured dyes and I always come back to fudge. I've used mostly all the colours and they have worked fab! my fave are vendetta red and raspberry beret, which I use to refresh my plum/red hair when it's faded, fudge leaves my hair shiney and virbrant, and when the sun shines on it woaaahhhh amazing colour! I get so many compliments and people asking what I use. I'm surprised other reviewers have said it didn't last long, I find it lasts ages!
I've tried other dyes and they never have the staying power or the shine as fudge does so it's worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gives lovely intense colour (vendetta red) which I use over my casting creme gloss dye when that starts to fade. As this is a semi it is obviously going to fade pretty quickly but if it just hung in there another couple of washes I'd love it. Price is pretty average I think and you do get a lot of product in the bottle. I have just below shoulder length hair and I used about 2/3 of it to coat my hair. When I wash my hair with this on it's like ribena is going down the drain or something haha! A word of warning when they say don't get it on your scalp they mean it. I didn't know how I was supposed to dye my hair without it touching my scalp so ignored that part and oh boy did it stain.
Does it stain pillows? No I didn't find my colour did, but for the first few washes I did notice that some of the dye might transfer to clothes around the collar which was annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to get Raspberry Beret put in my hair, and I loved it! It came out a purplish pink in my hair, and it looked awesome with my chocolate brown colour. I eventually coloured it over because I found that it was too hard to maintain, but I miss it so much!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by chchchchchch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use 'Cherry Bomb' over my permanent Schwarzkopf red (which usually fades after about two to three washes), but since I have put Fudge's Cherry Bomb over it, my hair is a beautiful, bright shade of cherry red and lasts for about five weeks. It's a little bit expensive for such a small bottle, but I just love the colour and I get complimented on my hair colour all the time. It's a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by micky21

I wanted to go very red so I bleached my hair first and then put the Red Corvette colour over it. let's just say it was amazing! It was easy to use, didn't smell horrible or drip everywhere, washed out easy and was very very vibrant. I did it a few weeks ago and it is still in, although a little pinker now but very good considering there is no ammonia or peroxide in it. It was a pretty good price, but if you have long or think hair you might need two of them. A good way to do it is to use a tinting brush to apply it, and bleaching first was a way better idea if you want to go super shocking bright. I love it and cant wait to try another fudge colour!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by artarbox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried this stuff for the first time last night when I went to the beauty supply and they were out of Manic Panic. I used Pretty Flamingo (love the name!) on my dark blonde hair with no prelightening. I applied it to dry hair even though the package says damp. Put it in foils and hit it with the blowdryer and left for an hour. The color came out SO vibrant! I didn't expect anything so bright without prelightening and the formula was really easy to apply; the tube was great for squezzing into a bowl and it was goopy enough to not drip but not so thick that it was pasty. Good stuff! The price was a little high, but I got it on sale for $12USD. I'll edit when I see the staying power!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by emcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had bleached white blonde hair and I used the hot pink one. I had to put in a lot to get the desired outcome. It also faded very fast and I had to redo it at least once every two weeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2008 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Lowndes

I tried the blue, red, pink and purple. The only colour that delivered a desirable result was the purple (Raspberry Beret). The other colours were crap!

I have strawberry blonde streaks in my hair which I used these colours on. The red came out a faded red/pink, not bright vibrant red at all. The pink came out a dissapointing wishy-washy pastel pink/peach colour. Not nice at all. The blue was the worst! It was very pale and a very strange bluey grey shade.

I would buy the Raspberry Beret again as the result was a beautiful, vibrant magenta (not sure on lasting time yet though as I only used these today - will update). You also need to be very careful when applying this stuff - as soon as it comes into contact with skin it stains. I got some on my hands, tried to wash it off about 5 seconds later but to no avail! It is only just fading now after numerous scrubs and a shower.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2006 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Some of the shades are ok. I have tested the blue, green, black, violet, and red. They only lasted 1-2 days. The violet was black first then pink. The blue and green didnīt work soooo good. you have to bleach it really blonde to get them to work. The red was best. Bleach the hair to a reddish/copper blonde tone. Not white, then it washes away too easy. The red lasted about 5-6 days, yee...but only the first days it was a shocking red. The black is best to tone a dark hair, ore to give it more shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2005 10:27:00 AM More reviews by princessSeda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the purple dye on a few bleached strands of hair and it washed out immediately on the first go - my hair was funny shades of purple/pink/blue/orange/freen. Made it look very punk like... but I was after purple. Second time round [after bleaching my hair a little further] the purple stayed a little longer, but it seems to really not be suited for my hair.