July 30, 2014 | 1887 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Vanilla Musk

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells pleasant, but too cheap and young. There's really nothing special about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Elegant, pretty, and unpretentious. Goes on sweet and slightly spicy. Would be suitable for just about any woman, any occasion. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that it seems to lack depth and staying power. Still, a lovely fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by finnley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to work at a perfume counter and smelled a lot of perfumes. I have to say that vanilla musk is one of my faves! I was in the drugstore one day and picked it up.I love vanilla but I was expecting to smell a super sweet or vanilla candle.I liked it and I thought it's 2.00 what have I got to loose. I am now on my third bottle! I love this! It's cheap, easy to find and smells amazing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 8:07:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Thank you MUA sisters for introducing me to this little princess. I live in Turkey in the Middle East and therefore am deprived of the drugstore finds that seems to make everyone so happy. In my land of normally mainstream mid-price fragrances reaching sky-high costs because of tax and sellers' greed, Vanilla Musk is a treat both for the wallet and my vanilla-musk loving nose. On me this is buttery, fluffy but never foody. I don't get much orange blossom in the beginning, just a tangy, slightly metallic edge, but that doesn't disturb me at all. It then softens into a lovely, clean but round skinscent that offers intoxicating wafts from time to time. It goes well with white angora jumpers, chunky woolen scarves, all powder colours and that unexpected sunshine on cold winter days. It loves my pyjamas and after-bath hours, hot chocolate and domestic joys such as organising my books, papers and old albums. I happily pay international postage for it and will never be without it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by kirstindoyle

best. ever. I've had people tell me I smell good while wearing various scents, but never as much as when I wear this. it's the most delicious vanilla scent, not fake or overpowering, and it lasts well into the day/night/whenever you put it on. some people have described it as having a citrus scent to it initially, but I don't seem to pick up on that. I picked up a bottle at wal-mart for $20 bucks, pretty uncostly for a fragrance if you ask me. this is definitely at the front of the row of perfumes and body sprays on my dresser, and I imagine it'll stay there for awhile! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is basically a vanilla sandalwood scent. Works well with my body chemistry and smells fabulous all day. If you're a fan of Wild Musk like I am, I'm pretty sure you'll love this. I get compliments +++ from men, women and children when I wear this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On a run of revisiting, or trying for the first time, a lot of drugstore staples. I've been really surprised by some, this among them.
Out of the 4 musks by Coty (Women/Wild/Vanilla/White) I think this is my favourite (I give the Musk for Women the higher score for personal nostalgia!) . There's an initial sneezy blast of sharp citrus, and you have to wait for that to settle, but in the drydown this becomes a lovely soft musk with just enough vanilla sweetness. The vanilla is not sugary, and the musk retains its slight edge. It's a cozy, milky skinscent. Very easy to wear and has a surprising depth for a cologne. Like all the musks, terrific layered as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

At the initial spray there is a metallic orangey tang to it that could put you off as it's quite strong. Its not horrible, its just weird. However give this 20 minutes and it softens into a beautiful easygoing vanilla musk, just like the name says. its not the type of musk that smells like animals or unwashed humans its a soft pretty musk and the vanilla is not a foody cloying vanilla, although it is a little sweet, but its almost like an oriental vanilla. I think thats the sandal and cedarwood in the mix, it lends a bit of depth to the combination. All in all a delightful scent for such a cheap price, after the top notes drydown this would be suitable for anything but also a good bed scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tessture

I'm afraid I hated this. I mean no offense to those who love it and I probably smells okay on your skin, but on mine it comes across as intrusively cloying and over-sweet. Orange and vanilla are dodgy on me at the best of times and vanilla and sandalwood tend to also work very poorly on me. This baby has all three plus patchouli, another note that can go oh-so-dreadfully wrong with my chemistry. Put them all together and what you get is a scent that, while not offensive perse, is so up my nose and sweeeetttt and harsh-woody-cloying---oh, no, no, scrub scrub scrub! This is not a zero because I could see it working for others just fine, but on my skin, it's a serious no-go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pleasant enough little fragrance, but it can become cloying after awhile. I have the splash, which has a strange bottle - the cap is very hard to remove. The vanilla fades pretty quickly. I prefer Jovan white musk for a drugstore musk, or Vanilla Fields for a vanilla.