Coty Vanilla Musk

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Vanilla is always a favorite of mine to wear, and I think this perfume costs around $20 a bottle? Give or take. It comes with 1 oz. of product. It actually lasts a long time on your skin, and it mixes well with a lot of skin. A vanilla or warm scented lotion makes this last even longer on your skin. I always sprayed a few puffs out each time I used it. This vanilla isn't very bright and peppy. It's more feminine and seductive and sexy. This isn't child's traditional vanilla icecream. It smells like vanilla and sandalwood to me. Not sandalwood's biggest fan here, but I am for vanilla and this smells great! It has a slight metallic edge to it, but it's not a main key. Packaging is cute. The box is a nice cream color. The product itself is a translucent yellow in a clear bottle. I love the lid! The lid is a bronze color with designs in a deeper bronze. It looks like plants. I have bought this product 3 times, love it!

on 6/16/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Vanilla, musk and Sandalwood should be very pleasing to me but this one has a sharp, synthetic note on me. The initial spray is almost bitter but the dry down is better. I do not get much sweetness. I think I would like it with more vanilla. EDIT: This fragance is very lasting.

on 6/16/2012 6:34:00 PM

Smells pleasant, but too cheap and young. There's really nothing special about it.

on 2/6/2012 12:37:00 PM

Elegant, pretty, and unpretentious. Goes on sweet and slightly spicy. Would be suitable for just about any woman, any occasion. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that it seems to lack depth and staying power. Still, a lovely fragrance.

on 5/23/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used to work at a perfume counter and smelled a lot of perfumes. I have to say that vanilla musk is one of my faves! I was in the drugstore one day and picked it up.I love vanilla but I was expecting to smell a super sweet or vanilla candle.I liked it and I thought it's 2.00 what have I got to loose. I am now on my third bottle! I love this! It's cheap, easy to find and smells amazing!

on 12/7/2010 8:07:00 AM

Thank you MUA sisters for introducing me to this little princess. I live in Turkey in the Middle East and therefore am deprived of the drugstore finds that seems to make everyone so happy. In my land of normally mainstream mid-price fragrances reaching sky-high costs because of tax and sellers' greed, Vanilla Musk is a treat both for the wallet and my vanilla-musk loving nose. On me this is buttery, fluffy but never foody. I don't get much orange blossom in the beginning, just a tangy, slightly metallic edge, but that doesn't disturb me at all. It then softens into a lovely, clean but round skinscent that offers intoxicating wafts from time to time. It goes well with white angora jumpers, chunky woolen scarves, all powder colours and that unexpected sunshine on cold winter days. It loves my pyjamas and after-bath hours, hot chocolate and domestic joys such as organising my books, papers and old albums. I happily pay international postage for it and will never be without it.

on 8/25/2010 10:41:00 PM

best. ever. I've had people tell me I smell good while wearing various scents, but never as much as when I wear this. it's the most delicious vanilla scent, not fake or overpowering, and it lasts well into the day/night/whenever you put it on. some people have described it as having a citrus scent to it initially, but I don't seem to pick up on that. I picked up a bottle at wal-mart for $20 bucks, pretty uncostly for a fragrance if you ask me. this is definitely at the front of the row of perfumes and body sprays on my dresser, and I imagine it'll stay there for awhile! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is basically a vanilla sandalwood scent. Works well with my body chemistry and smells fabulous all day. If you're a fan of Wild Musk like I am, I'm pretty sure you'll love this. I get compliments +++ from men, women and children when I wear this.

on 12/19/2009 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

On a run of revisiting, or trying for the first time, a lot of drugstore staples. I've been really surprised by some, this among them.
Out of the 4 musks by Coty (Women/Wild/Vanilla/White) I think this is my favourite (I give the Musk for Women the higher score for personal nostalgia!) . There's an initial sneezy blast of sharp citrus, and you have to wait for that to settle, but in the drydown this becomes a lovely soft musk with just enough vanilla sweetness. The vanilla is not sugary, and the musk retains its slight edge. It's a cozy, milky skinscent. Very easy to wear and has a surprising depth for a cologne. Like all the musks, terrific layered as well.

on 7/18/2009 12:21:00 AM

At the initial spray there is a metallic orangey tang to it that could put you off as it's quite strong. Its not horrible, its just weird. However give this 20 minutes and it softens into a beautiful easygoing vanilla musk, just like the name says. its not the type of musk that smells like animals or unwashed humans its a soft pretty musk and the vanilla is not a foody cloying vanilla, although it is a little sweet, but its almost like an oriental vanilla. I think thats the sandal and cedarwood in the mix, it lends a bit of depth to the combination. All in all a delightful scent for such a cheap price, after the top notes drydown this would be suitable for anything but also a good bed scent.

Popular Fragrances