October 24, 2014 | 2036 users online

Shampoo - Revlon - Flex Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by FlexLover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this shampoo and I'm so sad to see it discontinued! I ordered several bottles through my local pharmacy a few years ago and would have ordered more had I known Revlon was going to stop making it.

I just ordered...well, a lot...on nutritionalsupplementproduct dot com, which was a lot cheaper than what I found on eBay. So if you want to stock up, that may be a good option.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the scent of my childhood. I wouldn't say this was the most moisturizing shampoo or conditioner but the balsam scent was wonderful. Just a helpful tip, in Asia both the Flex shampoo and conditioner are still being manufactured and are very common in drugstores like Watson's (China, Hong Kong). There are several varieties; the original balsam scented Flex and also a Ginger one. The prices are very cheap, come in large sizes and I've seen value packs. If you are in Asia or can get someone to pick some up, this would be a good bet. Hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by hadas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the smell of the Flex products. I couldn't find them anymore at stores and read some people online suggesting that they were discontinued, so I wrote to Revlon. Here is the response that I got:

"Thank you for your recent comments from the Revlon website and your
interest in our products. Sometimes, because of fashion trends and limited consumer demand, it
becomes necessary to discontinue an otherwise excellent product.
Unfortunately, Flex is no longer being manufactured."

So stock up on Ebay girls, as that lovely balsam scent is vanishing forever. Very sad as it is such a gorgeous, spicy, creamy, scent, and very unique. :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing beats this classic for truly cleansing the hair!

I like how it removes styling products and oil from my hair. It has the same effect as a clarifying shampoo. I try not to spend a lot of money on clarifying shampoo so this is priced perfect. I do use Flex conditioner to go along with the shampoo and it makes my hair soft and clean. For anyone who hasn't used this classic, there is a very fragrant strong scent. It is not for everyone! I would describe as a men's cologne. They say it is the Balsam that is an ingredient. It reminds me of Revlon Outrageous Shampoo (if anyone can find this anywhere please PM me!).

I love this shampoo. Classic oldie but goodie that stands the test of time. I don't know what I would do if they DC'd it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

I liked the shampoo it cleans my hair with out drying it much
I have a dry colored haired.& I tried many shampoos but none
has worked for me .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, the scent of this takes me back to junior high. Cleans and moisturizes and it still costs the same. I'm surprised they still make it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I love this stuff! another one bites the dust....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by butterflygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just ordered some of the shampoo and conditioner from drugstore.com I love the smell-reminds me of the 80's .

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so surprised at the people who hate the smell of Flex....that's the best thing about it! Its one of the few old fashioned, non-fruity smelling shampoos still made. Its a decent shampoo, very good quality for the price. Unfortunately, the conditioner sucks, and unless you use the conditioner, you lose the wonderful scent. I wish there were a few more shampoos with that kind of scent....these days Herbal Essences, Pantene, Garnier, all the major brands all have a similar strong, fruity smell. It would be nice to have some variety.

UPDATE: I just tried to buy some more Flex on Drugstore.com but no dice, and then I discover it has been discontinued! *Sigh* I think Flex was the last of the 80's shampoos. I am actually sad about this. Not only will I miss the incredible scent, but I just miss the fact that all of the old school products are now gone. No Tame Creme Rinse, no Vidal Sasson, and now no Flex. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got it at a .99 cent store. It stank awful, but did an okay job. My Suave works alot better. So does the VO5. Not bad for a buck, but it doesn't do anything much but stink. A friend of mine used it on her curly hair and it was left frizzy and dry. Maybe good for the fine and limp haired girls. If you can get past the bad odor.