Revlon Flex Shampoo

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lauramide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Perfume (Fragrance), Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Abies Balsamea Resin (Balsam Canada), Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 4, Red 33

I really love this smell, I would use it as a perfume, a body lotion a shower gel .

Of all the different versions I think I like the volumising one the best , which I think is the same as the original balsam and protein formula.
They have messed around renaming repackaging and relaunching this shampoo so many times no wonder they think it is a failing product .

After not seeing it in shops for almost 10 years ( though the occasional tacky littlemarket stall has it) I recently found a bottle in a Pound Shop , that gave me a clue that it was discontinued .
The packaging was totally different ( the smell is just as dreamy though ) and the writing appeared to be Hungarian.

I asked the man behind the counter and he said whenever he gets his stock it goes out in days and some people stockpile it .
Another classic is about to become extinct due to Revlon's foolish business plans. I have just joined the Facebook group " Bring back Flex shampoo " it might not make a difference but I will sleep easier at night knowing I tried.

I love this shampoo and I'm so sad to see it discontinued! I ordered several bottles through my local pharmacy a few years ago and would have ordered more had I known Revlon was going to stop making it.

I just ordered...well, a lot...on nutritionalsupplementproduct dot com, which was a lot cheaper than what I found on eBay. So if you want to stock up, that may be a good option.

This was the scent of my childhood. I wouldn't say this was the most moisturizing shampoo or conditioner but the balsam scent was wonderful. Just a helpful tip, in Asia both the Flex shampoo and conditioner are still being manufactured and are very common in drugstores like Watson's (China, Hong Kong). There are several varieties; the original balsam scented Flex and also a Ginger one. The prices are very cheap, come in large sizes and I've seen value packs. If you are in Asia or can get someone to pick some up, this would be a good bet. Hope this helps.

I LOVE the smell of the Flex products. I couldn't find them anymore at stores and read some people online suggesting that they were discontinued, so I wrote to Revlon. Here is the response that I got:

"Thank you for your recent comments from the Revlon website and your
interest in our products. Sometimes, because of fashion trends and limited consumer demand, it
becomes necessary to discontinue an otherwise excellent product.
Unfortunately, Flex is no longer being manufactured."

So stock up on Ebay girls, as that lovely balsam scent is vanishing forever. Very sad as it is such a gorgeous, spicy, creamy, scent, and very unique. :-(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Nothing beats this classic for truly cleansing the hair!

I like how it removes styling products and oil from my hair. It has the same effect as a clarifying shampoo. I try not to spend a lot of money on clarifying shampoo so this is priced perfect. I do use Flex conditioner to go along with the shampoo and it makes my hair soft and clean. For anyone who hasn't used this classic, there is a very fragrant strong scent. It is not for everyone! I would describe as a men's cologne. They say it is the Balsam that is an ingredient. It reminds me of Revlon Outrageous Shampoo (if anyone can find this anywhere please PM me!).

I love this shampoo. Classic oldie but goodie that stands the test of time. I don't know what I would do if they DC'd it.

I liked the shampoo it cleans my hair with out drying it much
I have a dry colored haired.& I tried many shampoos but none
has worked for me .

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Wow, the scent of this takes me back to junior high. Cleans and moisturizes and it still costs the same. I'm surprised they still make it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! another one bites the dust....

I just ordered some of the shampoo and conditioner from drugstore.com I love the smell-reminds me of the 80's .

I'm so surprised at the people who hate the smell of Flex....that's the best thing about it! Its one of the few old fashioned, non-fruity smelling shampoos still made. Its a decent shampoo, very good quality for the price. Unfortunately, the conditioner sucks, and unless you use the conditioner, you lose the wonderful scent. I wish there were a few more shampoos with that kind of scent....these days Herbal Essences, Pantene, Garnier, all the major brands all have a similar strong, fruity smell. It would be nice to have some variety.

UPDATE: I just tried to buy some more Flex on Drugstore.com but no dice, and then I discover it has been discontinued! *Sigh* I think Flex was the last of the 80's shampoos. I am actually sad about this. Not only will I miss the incredible scent, but I just miss the fact that all of the old school products are now gone. No Tame Creme Rinse, no Vidal Sasson, and now no Flex. :(