Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

3.2

Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium Edta.

on 12/30/2013 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I'm really indifferent about the effects of this primer. It doesn't make my skin look amazing nor does it make it look or feel any worse... The tube is a good design, nice and hygienic. As for the price I understand the price is a little higher as napoleon is a reputable brand, I just don't think this product is worth dishing out for.. All in all wasn't good wasn't awful I'll keep looking for a primer I like.

on 12/4/2013 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product has so much hype in Australia but I really didn't like it. It's over priced for what it's worth and it didn't do anything to make my complexion look any better. In fact it looked oily, and I don't even have a problem with oily skin! I do not recommend this product and I've gone off napoleon perdis products completely.

on 11/25/2013 6:21:00 AM

I have repurchased this brilliant stuff repeatedly for years. Under various foundations and more recently under mineral makeup, which is great.

This makes any makeup stay looking fresh and prevents patchiness, drying in air-conditioning, melting in humidity..you name it, I have found this stands up to it.
I don't understand the negative reviews so I will explain how I use it.

Prepare skin as usual, cleanse, exfoliate etc. Add your moisturizer and LET IT SINK IN.
Then, apply a large pea sized amount in little dots over face, then DO NOT RUB IT IN, it is not moisturizer. You want to just tap and lightly spread it over rather than rubbing it into what's already on your skin. OK. Now it says don't let it dry, to apply foundation immediately. Well I don't necessarily agree with that, I can see how it could work but I find let it 'dry' for about maybe a minute. You can leave it longer, even 5-10mins is fine, but at least a minute.
Only then apply your makeup. Again do not rub it in! You are looking to layer it over. Especially with mineral makeup it's over it, not into it! By now you should be looking nice and fresh, even and better skin. It makes any bad skin day look so much better!
I get a lot of compliments on my makeup looking fresh. Thats what I like about this stuff.
No, it's not a concealer, I don't find it's illuminating nor is it correcting in the sense of undertone. It just makes any makeup wear better x 20 and look more refined and more EVEN AND LOVELY. This is HG PRIMER FOR ME. 20+ tubes do not lie. The price has gone up, it's now about $50AUD a tube BUT it's worth it. It does last when used properly. You don't need to slather this on. Like anything, start your face with nicely exfoliated and moisturised skin and things work better. This smooths even further, but does not have that silicony velvet feel. I do not get blocked pores or any negatives from this, ever. It helps keep pollution, smoke, dirt, oil out of your pores actually, so it's a win win.
My skin feels weightless, it feels light, not congested or thick like silicon mask type primers are. My skin can breathe. I find my skin without makeup looks better after I use this daily, when I run out I really notice all the dry/flaky/oily little patches show.

Rubbing this stuff in is not recommended. Let it sit n your skin.

on 11/12/2013 10:47:00 PM

I thought I'd hit the HG of primers with this; I started using it in the Australian winter and it did a pretty good job under my NP Foundation Stick in Look 2B. However, as soon as the temperatures started rising, it just gives up. In the summer any foundation I used over this (NP or not) just slid straight off my face. It also for some reason made my face sweat a heap; my upper lip never sweats unless I'm wearing this primer. At first I was concerned it was the NP foundation, but after using other primers under it I can confirm it's this primer, not the foundation.

I'm not even going to do my usual "This product is/is not for you if..." spiel; I flat-out definitely would not recommend this product for anyone. Too Faced do a great primer, and if you want a cheapie I'm sure they'd work just as well (if not better!) than this.

on 10/13/2013 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this overpriced product, definately no good for oily skin, makes your skin feel greasy and does not prolong the wear of your foundation nor does it make foundation apply any smoother.

on 8/12/2013 1:09:00 AM

I am so shocked that this primer hasn't gotten way more love!! It is my favorite by far. I experienced this first out of a foil packette when students from the Napoleon Perdis school in L.A. came to my cosmetology school in Orange County, and purchased . Anyhow...I love applying this in the morning. The smell is great, and it almost feels like another moisturizer. My foundation stays all day and it doesn't make my skin look greasy or blotchy at all. I don't have trouble blending it in any way whatsoever. I am honestly baffled at some of the negative reviews! It is indeed expensive, but it lasts so long and honestly feels so good that I am more than willing to endulge. MMM Love me some auto pilot!

on 8/6/2013 3:51:00 PM

I purchased the Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer, and the Auto Pilot Concealer Primer. Both are just a waste of my money. They take awhile to dry, and remain with an "oily" feeling all day. After about 3 hours of makeup use, the makeup eventually collects on my face into a blotchy mess. The under eye is by far the worst. I did my makeup this morning at 7:00am and it is now 4:00pm, and my under eyes are a shit show!
I think I'll end up just giving this stuff away to someone.

packaging does leak a little bit

Pros:
- great under foundation coverage
- make-up will stay longer if not only put under foundation, but mixed with foundation
- great for touching up old make-up
-nice smell
-a little goes a long way (dont need much product)
-SOMTIMES i have dry skin and this product can be a little oily, so in those times it makes my face feel nice and soft

cons:
- can run a little when opened
- if ance skin, you may have to build product
- can be a little sticky on fingers if appling that way

recommend for someone who has combination skin and wants longer lasting makeup and a medium flawless base. (it will not be perfectly flawless but a bit smoother)

on 1/13/2013 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Tube lasts a year + just apply thin layer of primer to face before makeup application. Smells good feels good isn't too heavy. The new gold packaging Napoleon is using is stupid they use to come in a white squeeze tube (get one if they have them get one of them!) Gold one leaks everywhere.. :(

on 11/30/2012 5:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

ANY DRUG STORE primer has EXACTLY same ingredients word for word as this primer and are a HEAP CHEAPER. Don't waste your money!

Popular Primer/ Correctors