September 18, 2014 | 1573 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Marcelle - Oil-Free Eye Make-up Remover Lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

*** EDIT (2): Alright there's something wrong with this product. I am pretty sure they reformulated it or whatnot because I now can't stand it although I'm on my fourth or fifth bottle. It used to be gently and take everything off. Now I can't even take off all of my mascara. Don't get me wrong, it takes off eye shadow like a dream - but what products doesn't, seriously? I've tried everything to make this work with my lashes - hold a cotton pad on my eye so to give the product some time to disolve makeup, swirl the cotton round, scrub it on my lashes, use a q-tip... I always end up with racoon eyes. This is easy for me to see because my lashes are blonde, so there shouldn't be any pigment left on them. The thing I hate the most about this is that is dries my eyes and stings them like a bitch. If I have to work with this product to make it work, it always makes my eyes water and burn. That wasn't happening before, so who knows what ingredient they put added to the formula. I've had this bottle for a long time though, so maybe it kind of went bad with time after all, I can't tell. I definately WON'T repurchase. I am on the verge of repurchasing cold creme since I can't stand raccoon eyes, dryness and irritation anymore. It's summer now, so I can't imagine in how bad a condition my eyes would turn out if I kept using this during the winter!

*** EDIT: Seriously, I can't understand why only 27 % of you would repurchase this product. I think I have just bought my fourth bottle in about 2 years and I will definately repurchase again. I am SO shocked by all these poor reviews, seriously! I don't know what eye makeup you're using, but the only thing I have had a slight difficulty taking off with this product is Lash Blast mascara and waterproof mascara. You need to wipe your eyes a little more, but still it doesn't sting and it does the job just fine.

// I have tried many makeup wipes, cleansers / makeup removers and eye makeup removers and this one is "the thing". I'm probably on my third bottle and will definately repurchase because it does the job like nothing else! I usually use both sides of two cotton rounds and I am good to go. I never get raccoon eyes when I use this, though I admit I don't use waterpoof mascara. As far as the stinging goes, I do recall experiencing that when I just started using this. But I did only because my eyelids were irritated or flaky or sunburned or rashed by something else. If you've got a rash anywhere near your eye area, it will sting. But if not, this mu remover is really gentle and ideal for people with sensitive eyes. And it's hypoallergenic too, which is a plus! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by s70princess

I think they changed the formula of this eye makeup remover ... I had tried this a couple years ago and it was so awesome, but just recently I went and bought a new one and it was totally not the same! I noticed the packaging looked a bit different ... the plastic bottle was a lighter blue plastic colour and not as dark blue as it used to be ... I also noticed the word "ESSENTIALS" on the bottle that never was there before ... and then I tried the product itself and wow, it was totally not the same. This one doesn't take off any eye makeup whereas the old formula used to take off everything. I miss the old formula ... I need to go hunting to see if any drugstores still carry the old one to prove this to myself. I will never buy this one with "ESSENTIALS" written on the front ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by girlinto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh gosh, the first mistake was buying a cosmetic without bothering to check the reviews first on MUA.
Well, it was the first time I had false eyelashes on and I had previously read that I should be using an oil-free make up remover to take them off. Since I usually used coconut oil or baby oil to remove all my heavy eye make up, I dropped in to Shoppers Drug Mart to quickly pick up something. There weren't many brands that carried an oil-free eye make up remover and since I like Marcelle's Lux gloss, I thought I would give this a shot.
Okay, yes it does remove the false eyelashes just fine when you dip a q-tip into the bottle and gently run the q-tip along the strip of the false lashes...however, as many ladies on here noted, it did burn my eyes! Yikes. Good thing I took out my contacts before using this!!! Also, it did NOT remove my prestige waterproof eyeliner really well and I was also using some L'oreal HIP cream eyeliner. I still had some waterproof Lancome mascara on my eyelashes....so I had to use baby oil and take off the make up too.
Please don't buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Marcelle products and I like to stock up on them when SDM is having a sale. They recently dropped the prices on Marcelle so I went in to stock up on some of my faves and try a few new products. I bought the Eye makeup remover on a whim. I usually dont use eye makeup remover because I have ultra sensitive eyes and even the mildest product burns them. This stuff is great. Removes eye makeup in a few strokes and is not oily at all. It's completely fragrance free and truly is hypo-allergenic, didn't sting or burn at all, and of course the best part is no remnants of any eye makeover left behind. This isn't a lotion though, it's a clear liquid. I highly recommend!!! I am a Marcelle fan for life!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by gryph

I usually don't buy makeup remover, and just use the one that comes free with the Lancome gifts with purchase. But I had spilt mine and got this as a replacement. Not sure why they call it lotion, it's a liquid. Got this in my eye and it didn't sting, it BURNED. Also I've had some kind of reaction to it. This is the only new product I've put on my face in the last few weeks to this must have done it. Not sure if it's a rash, but my skin is bumpy and not smooth. It also did a really bad job at removing mascara. I would rub real hard and there would still be gunk on my lashes. There are much better products out there, will not repurchase and will not use again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

I definately didn't like this product. It was a struggle to make it remove my makeup completely and without streaking. I had to use a lot of it to actually make it work. Afterwards my eyes were all red and dry from all the rubbing and made me all teary.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2005 11:08:00 PM More reviews by onion5

First of all I have a feeling that Marcelle does test on animals since it doesn't state anywhere on it's products or website that it doesn't :-( For this alone I will not repurchase. Normally I look for items against animal testing only but I purchased this before deciding to purchase cruelty-free only.

Anyhoo, I found that for the price (under $11 CAD with a bonus lipgloss) it is a good value. It is not oily in the least, but manages to remove eye-make up effectively. There is zero stinging (which I experienced with Lancome) and you don't have to rub rub rub to get it off. The only thing that I found is that using a tissue with it makes little tiny balls of white tissue stick to my eyelashes. I don't know what gives but it could just be the way I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2004 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Makeup_lover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

wow, what a terrible product. the guarantees of it being gentle on the bottle coerced me into buying it. this eyemakeup remover stung my eyes like crazy, nothing has hurt my eyes as badly as this has!!! don't waste your money on this shabby sham of a product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by PrincessSyndrome

Hmmmm...I loved this. It's very effective at removing my eye-makeup and didn't sting my eyes at all. I guess I don't really have sensitive eyes...so if you do, I recommend that you try the sensitive eye version...Otherwise, try this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ihatespumoni

This product is really bad. It is not very effective at removing eye makeup. It foams up and stings like mad when it gets into your eyes. Yuck!