December 18, 2014 | 1734 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jamface17

I have oily skin so setting foundation is an absolute must for me. Since my skin is both really acne and clog prone, I don't like wearing liquid foundation catered for oily skin. The ingredients that help with oil-control usually end up clogging my pores and causing breakouts. I finally found a foundation, Bobbi Brown's foundation stick, that gives me the coverage I need, doesn't break me out or clog my skin. Problem is, I tend to get shiny within 2-3 hours since it's not the greatest for truly oily skin.

However, this powder over the foundation stick has really helped to keep my skin looking nicer for longer. Instead of looking greasy after 2-3 hours, I only need to blot after about 5. I tend to powder every little millimetre of my face cos I'm really conscious about looking greasy. So it does make me look very matte at first but after some oil has come through and I've had to use a blotting sheet, my foundation looks natural.

I haven't tried reapplying this powder throughout the day because I have a thing about using more powder on top of an oily face with foundation but I can't imagine it looking cakey and bad. There's pretty much no pigment in this powder. I have light medium skin and use MAC's blot powder in medium/dark and it's completely fine. I've also never used the powder puff inside but instead use the MAC 138.

This costs $36 in Australia. I don't wear foundation everyday so I haven't needed to use this a whole lot but every time I go out, this is my setting powder of choice. I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin. I'm sure if you already use an oil-control and matte foundation, this will keep your makeup looking matte for longer than the 5 or so hrs on me. It also hasn't broken me out or clogged my skin!

And yes, I would buy it again. In fact, I already have done so for when I run out : ).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by xoxsunshines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this product is either a hit or miss. Some days it's my HG powder and others i'm not too sure. But the good thing about this product is that it does what it says. It soaks up all my oils on my face. It doesn't leave me looking cakey (which I love) and the packaging is very cute. Its a light powder, and by light powder i mean no coverage. Its almost like a setting powder. If this had more coverage i think it would be my HG powder! Overall i would recommend this for people with oily skin. Its not going to get rid of ALL your oily-ness, but it helps A LOT more than other products I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by acnnacnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I usually use brush to apply it on my T-zone and the finish is perfect! The coverage is light and long lasting as the previous reviews mentioned!! I love this blot powder and it truly works for oily skin to control oil!!! Thank you MAC, I will def buy this product again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blot powder is ok for blotting in an emergency if you have no other option. Do not use the sponge - definitely use a brush! If I put it on, I had to blend it in so much, but it still looked white. I used this at weddings and other events, and my face looked especially white in photos because of the flash. You have to be careful with this product - I would rather use a tinted mineral powder for the very few times I do need to use this. I won't buy it again as I am sure I can find something better to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by xoxoskylar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is AMAZING. If you have oily skin of any kind you need this, It literally keeps my face oil free all day. Do not cake this all of your face you just need a powder brush and lightly brush it over you face. If you see a little shine during the day take the little blot circle that comes with it and lightly blot. Overall, it an amazing product that i cant live without and i defintley recommend it. ((:

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by rhazim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Officially my new HG powder. Keeps me matte literally all day, it's amazing.
I only wish it had a little more colour though, for those days when there's no time for liquid foundation...But all in all, the best powder i've used...trumps my previous HG Lancome Color Ideal Pressed Powder in terms of keeping the oilies away!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG pressed powder. Excellent at keeping my skin matte when used over foundation. The packaging is nice and simple. I've been using this for about 10 years and will continue to repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by sarahmcqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got this as an exchange when returning mineralize skin finish natural in medium which looked really pink on me. They didn't have the light-plus shade in msfn which I read is better suited to my skin tone (NC20-25), so I went for blot powder instead. SO GLAD that I did. I live in 40C (over 100F) heat and humidity and I have very oily skin as it is. This is an absolute godsend. I wear it on it's own over my moisturizer with a bit of blush. I got it in medium/dark. This shade looks great on me, and even though it doesn't deposit much color onto the skin it somehow evens me out and makes me look about 5 years younger and really fresh. It doesn't dry my skin out or cause flakiness, even though I use it over a hardcore oil-control moisturizer (which wasn't doing the job on it's own - that's how oily I am). It also blurs out my massive pores. It's truly amazing and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by DollyMac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder & used it since last month. And my opinion about this powder is that..

I absolutely-lutely-lutely-lutely LOVE it! It works like wonders ;)
I use it before I apply my MSFN Powder in Medium Plus, it seriously controls my oils very well! Just one more touch up & the rest of the day I'm good. There was NO other product like this one. I will be buying this again after I run out :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this powder! This is my new HG. This powder controls oil better than anything else I've ever tried. The medium-dark matched my skin tone the best. I tested the oil control/lasting power of my makeup by wearing this to work from morning until night. It was AMAZING. My face stayed oil free for pretty much the whole day (about 8 hours) without any touch ups. After about 8 hours, very little shine was glowing through. But, it wasn't a nasty oily shine, it was more like a nice, natural dewyness...which I don't mind at all & I actually prefer it. This even made my blush last a lot longer too. I'm impressed. This did NOT make me look orange either, which is a MAJOR deal breaker for me. The only thing I will say is that this will make you look cakey if you use too much, which can easily be done without realizing at first. I would also reccommend that you go one color up than usual. I bought this in the color Medium the first time, & it ended up being way too light for my skin, so I had to exchange it for Medium-Dark. So, this isn't completely translucent. Even though this is expensive, ($23 to be exact), I will still keep buying this. This powder is perfect for me. I also used Matte FX by Cover FX, & I like this one way better. The sponge this comes with isn't the best way to apply this. A brush works way better, & makes my face look airbrushed in conjuction with this powder. Highly Reccommend.