July 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I was really hoping to like this product, as I had been reading reviews for a while. I finally bought the lightest color on sale at Ulta for around $9. I have to preface this by saying that this is my first powder foundation. I tried several different ones at Ulta. But this is my first purchase.

The lightest color was too dark and muddy for my NW15 complexion. It doesn't control my oily T-zone and barely covers blemishes. Most of all, I hated the coverage. It was like a wash of color with a paint brush over my face...not concealing anything.

Overall, I am returning this product. My review may be biased because I haven't tried a powder foundation that I liked yet. The packaging is great with a handy sponge applicator in the 2nd compartment. There are holes in the bottom to vent the wet sponge, as to avoid collecting bacteria.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by lolitagrl0808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this foundation. It made my skin look amazing and lasted for a good 5 hours without any need for blotting on my super oily skin. And it was so easy to apply too. However, it broke me out so I unfortunately won't be buying again :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product. No irritation. Applied dry flawlessly, not powdery, adequate coverage but the lightest color "Laurel Nude" looked muddy on my fair, pink-cheeked NW20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

This is the kind of foundation I have been looking for! Lite on the skin, coverage looks smooth & natural & can be applied with the damp or dry sponge. A powder & foundation in one step! You can also use this over your favorite foundation for added oil control. Packaged like a pressed powder with a sponge in the bottom compartment. This makes your skin appear smooth, pore less & even toned. Bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Taylorbohn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It covers nicely, but there were a few cons: doesn't last very long, broke me out, and only comes in a few shades and is hard to match to skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by brittlovesmakeup89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't even know where to start with this freaking sexy work of art! It has taken me years to find something as great as the Maybelline mineral power pressed powder which was sadly discontinued and left me heartbroken. This stuff has exceeded my expectations dramatically. It is better than the Maybelline I mentioned above and I never thought I would be able to say that! If you use this dry and alone you get medium coverage. On top of foundation dry you get full coverage. And finally if you use this wet you get full coverage. I'm on my fourth compact and just tried it wet a couple weeks ago. It worked so well dry that I didn't feel the need to until I was running late for work and forgot my foundation at home. I was amazed at how great it looks wet! It's not heavy or cakey and covers every blemish or imperfection I have. I use the lightest shade (laurel nude) and it matches well. I wouldn't say exact because I'm fair & cool and this has some warmth to it but it's dangerously near perfect! It's matte but if I'm needing some shimmer or looking too warm I will dust some Maybelline fit me powder in porcelain 110 on and I'm good to go. This will last me all day at work (8 hours typically) but staying power is different for everyone. I touch up depending on my oil and sweat production that day. It controls oil very well and will last through sweat. This is about $12 bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply but I get it a little cheaper because I have a pro card. So worth the money! Definitely try this and if you don't like it for some reason you can return it just keep the receipt! Packaging is awesome and the sponge is incredible unlike most that come with powders. It has air holes in the bottom of the container to prevent bacteria growth and let the sponge dry which is fab. Hope I helped!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hoping I would like this foundation but I just couldn't make it work for me.
Pros: not cakey, easy to apply, really nice packaging
Cons: It's pretty expensive, it doesnt control oil, it melts off my face easily (because of my oil), the coverage isnt too great, the lightest color looked orange on me, and it oxidized. Whew, I sure sound like a Debbie Downer!

I can see this working a heck of a lot better for ladies with more normal skin, but for me with my oil slick of a face it just didnt work. Ive only ever worn it dry so i might try applying it wet and update. But for now I'm sticking with my Maybelline Purestay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Running late for work? Errands to run, kids to look after, little time to spare on makeup but you still want to look put together" for the day? This product is your friend then! I've used this powder foundation over 1- plain moisturized face 2- a BB cream (I use Lorea'l), and it comes out beautiful. I've used it wet and dry but I prefer dry because it covers all that I need covered and it evens out my complexion to my satisfaction. You can apply it with the sponge that comes in the compact or with a foundation brush, either way it works great. This gem has saved the day for me when I'm in a hurry and barely have time to put my shoes on before locking the front door :) If you get the wrong shade no problem! take it back to Ulta or Sally's and they'll gladly exchange it for you. I no longer pay department store prices for powder foundation!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by eturner1992

I've never written a review before but this is the best foundation I've ever used! It covers all of my blemishes and yet it still looks natural. It also controls my oil throughout the entire day. My favorite part is how quickly is takes to apply!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only worn this once, but WOW! Excellent coverage for a powder foundation. I only used concealer under my eyes & this powder & my skin looked flawless. It lasted a long time too. I had some oil break through after a few hours but that always happens to me. I have an olive complexion & was happy with the color selection, it didn't look grey/muddy on my skin. I will definitely repurchase!