October 30, 2014 | 1581 users online

Loose Powders - Clarins - Loose Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by gali

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I already have some favorite loose powders, in fact there are a few. However I never imagined Clarins could become one. For quite some time I've been loyal to my true faves, however I received this as a gift and so was fortunate enough to enjoy a truly amazing and unique loose powder. What is so amazing you may wonder? I asked the same question! Let me describe my experience with using it as a setting powder for my visage (face). If you've ever wondered if there's such a thing as a non drying loose powder and had a hard time finding one, this powder will definitely change your mind. It's silkiness, wearability and staying powder made me Feel like a star! A super star! The delicate scent is non overpowering. It is so finely milled and translucent (the shade I use is Translucent 01), yet does not appear chalky as some. It feels very lightweight, does not accentuate any dryness on my dry or dehydrated skin days. It sets my foundation beautifully, and the puff that comes with this powder is cute, quite small, and just right for applying this powder. Applying this powder with a nice fluffy brush will result in a thinner layer and less coverage if you wish.
On the oilier parts of my face like the t-zone, it still mattifies very nicely. It is long lasting, but when I feel like a touch up is needed, which isn't that often, my little blotters will do.
The packaging appeals to me, though my choice of packaging would be a shaker type, just my preference. I could definitely see myself repurchasing this lovely loose powder, when I run out. I rate it with 5 Red Clarins lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MakeupPadawan

I read some really positive reviews of this so I asked my mother to pick up a jar for me when she traveled to the US, as Clarins is quite pricey here in Australia. I am so glad I did because I have used this powder every day since! I have an oily t-zone and so often I have been disappointed in powders that do little to control that. Clarins seems to have worked some magic with this powder because I find this neither too dehydrating, nor too "moisturizing" (if that is possible with a powder). I use Shade 01 Translucent on my NC20 skin and it sets my foundation beautifully, blurring my pores slightly and imparting a smooth silky finish. It controls my oil throughout the day. Yes I still need to blot halfway through the day, but I expect this no matter what oil control product I use. The shade match is fantastic. Quite often with "translucent" powders, you end up looking ghostly but this powder has subtle peachy/yellow tones in it.

The packaging, as well as being beautiful, is really quite awesome. It's a behemoth of a jar but when you open up the lid, you will see why. In the top is quite a deep well where the sifter sits directly on top of the powder product, and above that, the puff sits neatly. When you first open up your box of Clarins Loose Powder, you will need to remove the clear protective lid from the top of the powder and replace with the sifter lid so it is in direct contact with the powder. You release the powder by grasping a couple of little notches on the sifter and turning either clockwise or anticlockwise. The powder comes out of the little holes and then you can choose to dip a brush in or use your puff. The jar is so large because Clarins have thoughtfully made the well inside (where the sifter is) rather deep so that you don't make a mess. To me, this is a good way of packaging loose powder but my main problem with it is that it can be difficult to release an even quantity of powder. To get around this, I swirl a kabuki in and pat THAT on my puff before applying to my face. It's a little fiddlier, but it works for me. If I ever run out of powder (I can't see this happening for quite some time), I will definitely repurchase this one. Love it. 5 lippies, easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was convinced by a sales assistant in Sephora to buy this (it was a moment of weakness, not usually so easily convinced!) However, I really like it, the consistency is excellent, I wasn't expecting much but it gives a lovely veil of powder that doesn't rest in creases. I don't like the packaging as it's a bit too deep to get at the powder - too fiddley for me. Overall, worth the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by paciodaneza

Will I buy this product again?? Hell YEAH! If I can afford it, I will be a lifetime supply of this! It amazes me how this loose powder that is supposed to give you that "sheer" coverage manages to give you that AIRBRUSHED look. I put this on my face alone, without liquid foundation and at the end of the day my face still looks flawless like I just put the powder on. No retouch, no blotting. The coverage last for hours! Definitely buildable too. My face is pretty normal---thanks to Clarins skincare----so I don't have acne to cover up. If you have acne scars, redness or dark spots, you will probably need to use a concealer and put this powder on top of that.

This powder is fine-milled and the scent is very relaxing. It's like walking through a floral garden.

I have used Mac Studio Fix Powder for years and I'm glad I have found a replacement that beats the Mac Powder by -nth degree! I am a Mac NC 40-42 and the Clarins Powder in Beige is the perfect match for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

a very nice, creamy, oil-absorbing loose powder. very finely milled and has a nice scent. only great for oily skin, i guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by sugarhighness

Got this product after reading the rave reviews and I must say I'm not disappointed! I have really oily skin but if I use this powder, I only have to blot ONCE throughout the day, which is quite amazing.

The only complaint is the sifter which is soooo difficult to use! The instruction says to rotate the sifter clockwise but I find it a chore having to stick my finger into the jar and getting it all powdery. The lid is amazing though. Doubles up as a magnifying makeup mirror if you forget to bring yours out.

The smell.... Ok I must admit the first time I used it I was quite put off by the smell. Smells like my grandma. But after continuous usage I've gotten used to the smell. I just dust this powder over a tinted sunscreen and I'm good to go. And set it with the MAC fix makeup spray to reduce the 'powdery' look.

I am a HUGE Clarins fan but I probably won't repurchase cuz I found my HG loose powder from Givenchy. But this powder's oil control properties are MUCH better than the Givenchy one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. Great for my combination/dry skin. It doesn't look cakey, or settle into fine lines. It's creamier than most powders, and leaves my skin silky soft. I use translucent, but it's not white like so many other translucent powder, it's got very slighty yellow/peach tone, which is much more natural looking. Controls the little bit of shine I get, all day long. I feel so elegant when I dust this over my face. I really like the packaging. Because the tub is so deep, none of the powder is wasted. It doesn't irritate my skin, make it itchy or cause break outs. Perfection.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I can't believe I have not reviewed this powder yet. I've been using it for 8 years and sometimes I buy a few tubs in one go when there's sale.

This is one of the best powders around and the cheapest amongst them. However, I have a feeling that they have changed the formulation of the powder the time they revamped its packaging. It is now finer and softer and has a slight imperceptible peachy hue to it- really wonderful stuff. It hides pores, cast a healthy color, does not dry up skin but controls oil and sit beautifully on any foundation or moisturiser. Some powders like La Mer are fine/soft to the touch and finely milled too and very silky- but I find that it clumps sometimes when applied to my nose and eye area that I need to dust it off a bit ('though it still looks amazing on). And sometimes I feel as if most powders are not so pure as I have a slight headache when I puff them on especially when I use a powder brush. I have the same experience with LP and most of the mid and high end loose powders. But this never happens with Clarins. However, there is one loose powder that I can compare to it- Cle de Peau- but it has a pinkish hue and is also about 5 times the price of Clarins.

Clarins make the best pressed powder and their loose one is not to be ignored.

And as with any l/p, I find that it is applied best with MAC 187.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Loumul

It's was my first day using this product today and I have to say it is amazing. I have normal/dry skin and the powder is totally suitable for me. I usually get a bit shiny by lunchtime and may have to retouch then but with this product I didn't have to touch up my face all day - can't believe it. It may have helped that I applied beauty flash balm by Clarins before my foundation - if that's the reason, then this combination is perfect. It didn't look cakey at all. Like other reviewers, would prefer different packaging but I'll get over it. The smell didn't bother me either. Very impressed with this product and will be buying again. There seems to be plenty in the jar so it should last a while - a bit expensive but hey you pay for quality!! Highly recommended if you have normal/dry skin! Yey!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by gemkate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG powder... I dust it, using a large Bobbi Brown brush in little round circles, every day - over Le Roche Posay Anthelios - a little Lancome concealor and voila. Dewy, perfect skin.