Cinema Secrets Foundation/concealer

4.3

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Carnauba, Candelilla Wax, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Aloe, Bisabolol, Fragrance, Tocopherol, BHT and Ascorbyl Palmitate and Citric Acid 8 Glyceryl Stearate 8 Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide. May contain: Ultramarine Blue, DC Red 36, DC Red 7, Calcium Lake, FD&C Yellow 5, Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue 2.

on 8/16/2013 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have never found a concealer that matches my skin tone until I found this one. It doesn't rub off during the day and you can't even tell I'm wearing it unless you see me before I put my makeup on. I love this so much!

on 6/10/2013 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is worth the hype. My skin doesn't really love it (some breakouts, etc.) but the coverage cannot be beat. It looks extremely natural and truly covers everything with only a small amount. Good foundation for a special occasion, but for everyday I only use it as concealer.

I don't necessarily endorse buying the palette but you kind of have to. The colors in the palette range very widely - only one of five was even remotely usable for my skin tone. Also, the packaging sucks balls - it's made of cheap plastic and the lid breaks off easily. It's better to buy it in the little pots, but unfortunately the color samples on the website are completely unhelpful and there are a million colors to choose from...

on 5/6/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've always been interested in professional make up that the pros use in film and television. A quick google search led me onto the Cinema Secrets brand and I decided to purchase a foundation palette. The biggest factor for me was having a foundation that photo-friendly - as much as I adore my Double Wear foundation it has the worst case of flashback and ghost-face. So I bought the foundation palette in the shade #302-65A. I'm a NC20-25 in MAC terms, and the foundation colour matches me perfectly.

Now, this foundation is full-coverage, and I mean FULL. It will hide everything, which is why it's most often used as a concealer. Cinema Secrets says it can also cover tattoos, I don't doubt it. I have oily-skin, so primer is essential! You only need a small amount to cover your face, I apply the foundation with my Cosmo Sponge. Because it's a cream formula, I have to set my entire face with my Neutral Set powder so it stays in place all day long. In regards to flash photography, it photographs so well! Absolutely no case of ghost-face whatsoever. It's also highly matte, and leaves your face looking flat. The other colours in the palette are terrific to contour with, with the added benefit of doubling up as foundation shades when you get a tan. I love it so much I bought the foundation itself - still the same shade number. It has a simple screw top packaging with a transparent lid, but I do like the fuss-free no frills approach to it.

So, if you're looking for a full-coverage, professional-grade foundation that photographs brilliantly, give one of the Cinema Secrets palettes a try.

I decided to try out this product after hearing some rave reviews about it. Luckily, the store is actually close to my work so I went over there to get a color check since I was nervous about buying a color online.

Ever since using this product, I've gotten compliments on my skin and that it looks nice. My skin does not look nice by any means without any type of makeup to cover up the imperfections. I was really surprised at how well this covers up making your skin look natural and not heavy like you have tons of makeup on. You can apply it light or heavier if needed and it does a great job looking smooth and blends well into the skin. On top of that the price is pretty reasonable for foundation.

The packaging is a little cheap and really simple which doesn't get me excited but the actual product itself works wonders.

It doesn't leave my skin feeling oily during the day which is helpful since I tend to get really oily in my T-zone area. Love this foundation! And so glad I found it and decided to try it out!

on 3/4/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this online with 50% off together with super sealer, the latter is also amazing! Ok, back to to this foundation/concealer, it was back ordered for 2 months, but when I finally got it, it totally worth the wait. The texture is super light and blendable, a little goes a long way. It made my benefit erase paste look so clumpy and heavy.... I'm about NC20 with yellow/cool undertone, and 602 matches me well.

Haven't tried it as a foundation, but I guess it can be great for travelling.

Definitely will re-purchase.

Update: I tried it as a foundation the other day, it works great. You probably need loose powder after application, and its matte finish lasts all day. The sheer texture and great coverage is really becoming my top choice. Haven't touched other concealers (Benefit erase paste, LM secret concealer, NYX jar concealer) since!

on 12/20/2012 1:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I wear this in shade PS501S-11. It is like a neutral N10-13 in MAC terms. It really blends in well into my natural skin and provides great coverage. I love applying with my Beauty Blender or my Real Techniques brushes. These palettes are also very convenient for travel, as you get multiple shades in the same family so no need to pack multiple foundations (for when you end up tanning on a vacation, or having a tan fade). Can't beat the price either. I find these a little more waxy than Graftobian or Mehron, and I kind of like the stuffer texture, I think it lasts longer on my skin.

Update: This is really one of the few fdtns I've found that matches my skin tone so well. I feel like I got so lucky. I also wear shade 502-30, which is similar to NW15-17. It provides great coverage all day, not too much grease or shine. No oxidation or migration, although it does settle into fine under eye lines.

on 10/11/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

perfect for dry skin, stays loooonger than most foundations i've tried. coverage is buildable, and sometimes, a little goes a long way. i use this both as concealer and foundation, i just play with different shades :)

on 9/24/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is super light and covers great. It's the only other concealer I can use other than my Neutrogena smooth stick, that doesn't piss me off and look gross on my skin. It's water based so it smooths out evenly and it lets your skin breath. Doesn't feel like you have makeup on, unless you cake it on with a brush or sponge... Which because its consistency, you can make that mistake your first couple times using this. But when used right, It doesn't look cakey under powder and it honestly looks and feels like your own real skin... Just your skin if it had no imperfections or redness of course. Totally worth it. Their site sucks for trying to order the right color though, so maybe try calling them for shade help or going down there. I live near the area so it helps... But I still hate going there so once you get your shade once, ordering online from them is a breeze. I have medium w/ neutral undertones skin. Close to Jessica Simpson or Carrie underwood skin, and i use the shade 506(15) for concealing. It's awesome stuff!

on 6/22/2012 6:26:00 AM

I really liked these concealers until I figured out they were the reason for me breaking out. They have a nice variety of shades in one palette, blend nicely, and stay well when set with my mineral foundation. I did notice they creased a little under my eyes. I have combo-oily skin, that is sensitive and breaks out. So, I don't recommend it for anyone with a similar skin type to mine or a skin type that is oiler than mine. Normal and dry skin would probably be the best fit for this product.

on 5/12/2012 2:57:00 PM

I have red marks and acne scars and this concealer is the only one that makes me feel comfortable. It covers very well and does not look heavy. I do not use foundation before or powder after. I just apply bronzer over it and pretty much lasts all day.

Top Rated Cinema Secrets Products