September 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Concealers - Cinema Secrets - Foundation/concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by eoconnor9484

This is worth the hype. My skin doesn't really love it (some breakouts, etc.) but the coverage cannot be beat. It looks extremely natural and truly covers everything with only a small amount. Good foundation for a special occasion, but for everyday I only use it as concealer.

I don't necessarily endorse buying the palette but you kind of have to. The colors in the palette range very widely - only one of five was even remotely usable for my skin tone. Also, the packaging sucks balls - it's made of cheap plastic and the lid breaks off easily. It's better to buy it in the little pots, but unfortunately the color samples on the website are completely unhelpful and there are a million colors to choose from...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I've always been interested in professional make up that the pros use in film and television. A quick google search led me onto the Cinema Secrets brand and I decided to purchase a foundation palette. The biggest factor for me was having a foundation that photo-friendly - as much as I adore my Double Wear foundation it has the worst case of flashback and ghost-face. So I bought the foundation palette in the shade #302-65A. I'm a NC20-25 in MAC terms, and the foundation colour matches me perfectly.

Now, this foundation is full-coverage, and I mean FULL. It will hide everything, which is why it's most often used as a concealer. Cinema Secrets says it can also cover tattoos, I don't doubt it. I have oily-skin, so primer is essential! You only need a small amount to cover your face, I apply the foundation with my Cosmo Sponge. Because it's a cream formula, I have to set my entire face with my Neutral Set powder so it stays in place all day long. In regards to flash photography, it photographs so well! Absolutely no case of ghost-face whatsoever. It's also highly matte, and leaves your face looking flat. The other colours in the palette are terrific to contour with, with the added benefit of doubling up as foundation shades when you get a tan. I love it so much I bought the foundation itself - still the same shade number. It has a simple screw top packaging with a transparent lid, but I do like the fuss-free no frills approach to it.

So, if you're looking for a full-coverage, professional-grade foundation that photographs brilliantly, give one of the Cinema Secrets palettes a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by OrganizedTourist

I decided to try out this product after hearing some rave reviews about it. Luckily, the store is actually close to my work so I went over there to get a color check since I was nervous about buying a color online.

Ever since using this product, I've gotten compliments on my skin and that it looks nice. My skin does not look nice by any means without any type of makeup to cover up the imperfections. I was really surprised at how well this covers up making your skin look natural and not heavy like you have tons of makeup on. You can apply it light or heavier if needed and it does a great job looking smooth and blends well into the skin. On top of that the price is pretty reasonable for foundation.

The packaging is a little cheap and really simple which doesn't get me excited but the actual product itself works wonders.

It doesn't leave my skin feeling oily during the day which is helpful since I tend to get really oily in my T-zone area. Love this foundation! And so glad I found it and decided to try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this online with 50% off together with super sealer, the latter is also amazing! Ok, back to to this foundation/concealer, it was back ordered for 2 months, but when I finally got it, it totally worth the wait. The texture is super light and blendable, a little goes a long way. It made my benefit erase paste look so clumpy and heavy.... I'm about NC20 with yellow/cool undertone, and 602 matches me well.

Haven't tried it as a foundation, but I guess it can be great for travelling.

Definitely will re-purchase.

Update: I tried it as a foundation the other day, it works great. You probably need loose powder after application, and its matte finish lasts all day. The sheer texture and great coverage is really becoming my top choice. Haven't touched other concealers (Benefit erase paste, LM secret concealer, NYX jar concealer) since!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I wear this in shade PS501S-11. It is like a neutral N12/N15 in MAC terms. It really blends in well into my natural skin and provides great coverage. I love applying with my Beauty Blender or my Real Techniques brushes. These palettes are also very convenient for travel, as you get multiple shades in the same family so no need to pack multiple foundations (for when you end up tanning on a vacation, or having a tan fade). Can't beat the price either. I find these a little more waxy than Graftobian or Mehron, and I kind of like the stuffer texture, I think it lasts longer on my skin.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by annnadarko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

perfect for dry skin, stays loooonger than most foundations i've tried. coverage is buildable, and sometimes, a little goes a long way. i use this both as concealer and foundation, i just play with different shades :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by mustanggurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is super light and covers great. It's the only other concealer I can use other than my Neutrogena smooth stick, that doesn't piss me off and look gross on my skin. It's water based so it smooths out evenly and it lets your skin breath. Doesn't feel like you have makeup on, unless you cake it on with a brush or sponge... Which because its consistency, you can make that mistake your first couple times using this. But when used right, It doesn't look cakey under powder and it honestly looks and feels like your own real skin... Just your skin if it had no imperfections or redness of course. Totally worth it. Their site sucks for trying to order the right color though, so maybe try calling them for shade help or going down there. I live near the area so it helps... But I still hate going there so once you get your shade once, ordering online from them is a breeze. I have medium w/ neutral undertones skin. Close to Jessica Simpson or Carrie underwood skin, and i use the shade 506(15) for concealing. It's awesome stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by pokejen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really liked these concealers until I figured out they were the reason for me breaking out. They have a nice variety of shades in one palette, blend nicely, and stay well when set with my mineral foundation. I did notice they creased a little under my eyes. I have combo-oily skin, that is sensitive and breaks out. So, I don't recommend it for anyone with a similar skin type to mine or a skin type that is oiler than mine. Normal and dry skin would probably be the best fit for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by LilianaF

I have red marks and acne scars and this concealer is the only one that makes me feel comfortable. It covers very well and does not look heavy. I do not use foundation before or powder after. I just apply bronzer over it and pretty much lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by NanoBabes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I wish I knew about this product, or considered buying palettes before I went through the dozens of concealers/foundations that I have, never being able to find the right shade. I use palette #3 which is for olive/yellow skin tones, as I am Filipino. According to MAC cosmeticians, I'm a NC35-42, but the CS shades suit me much better. And they just melt into my skin and blend in flawlessly. And I like being able to customize it a bit with all the shades, since my skin has different shades of hyperpigmentation. I use mostly the middle shade with sometimes a few dabs from the lightest one.

My only problem with it, is I was sort of confused and thought it was a concealer, when palette #3 is a foundation. (Other palettes in the line ARE concealers, however). So while this product hides slight imperfections, it doesn't have the coverage and staying power that I look for in a concealer, to hide pimples and scars. Because of this, I really tried to spackle it on throughout the day, which made it worse because, in conjunction with the powder I use as all over foundation (I don't like using creme based foundation all over), the layers of makeup became really jarring. I seemed to have solved this by using my Ben Nye mellow yellow neutralizing concealer underneath, which sticks much better, like a MAC studio concealer.

So I use my Ben Nye yellow concealer on major blemishes, do a dusting of mineral powder to even out my whole face, and use CS for coverage on minor flaws and to lightly layer on top of the neutralizing concealer.

I would definitely keep this in mind as a foundation, however, if what you're looking for in a concealer is coverage and staying powder. Even as an under eye concealer, it wasn't very effective. Though it "melted" into the rest of my face, it seemed to dry up and accentuate lines around the eye area, even when I especially moisturized the area.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No