MAC Lady Danger

4.5

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love & adore Lady Danger. The colour is sensational, very summery, and goes great with many skin tones but in my opinion particularly well with olive skin.

I find the matte finish can be hard to work with though, that is because I have dry lips to start with. To cure that I apply MAC Prep and prime (or any lip primer would probably do) underneath, then Lady Danger, then a balm over the top. Problem solved.

The staying power is phenomenal too.

on 11/28/2014 5:17:00 AM

Bought this instead or Russian Red(although I later bought that too) as the MUA at Mac convinced me to. I was afraid it would make my teeth look yellow but it didn't, it made my pale skin radiate and especially when a bronzer is used. As with any matte lipstick it can be drying if you don't do your prep homework. I use this with subculture or last sensation liners. I wear with a neutral eye and winged liner for a slightly different take on Dita-esque pin up look. Or I have worn it with a gold/bronze or brown smoky eye. It really looks dramatic and pops against my black hair, blue eyes and pale skin. Love it and will buy it time and time again. I will be the 80 year old rocking this in the nursing home!

on 11/25/2014 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My first MAC lipstick and it was love at the first sight. Walked into the store just for a look but I was instantly drawn to this lipstick. The fiery mixture of orange and red doesn't make my skin looks jaundiced like some other red lipsticks and the application is so smooth you can hardly believe it is matte. I personally find a thick layer of lip balm will reduce the purpose of this lipstick but it can be a little drying especially when I sit in the AC for too long. Exfoliation is the key. Love this color so much. Will buy it again and again.

Favorite. Lipstick. Ever.

The best orangey red matte hydrating long lasting flattering on everyone lip colour there is.

ANYONE can wear this lipstick. It is the most flattering and enhancing colour, and the formula is fab too.

I have a few as back ups and consistently keep this in my handbag as it is the best day-to-night product to use.

on 11/8/2014 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to buy 'So Chaud' but it wasn't available in KL at that point of time so I had to opt for Lady Danger (was looking for an orange lipstick). I think it looks quite appealing on me but its definitely not an everyday lipstick. Maybe good for a beach day or fun day out / shopping with the girls. I don't mind the matte finish because you can always put on some lipbalm before applying the lipstick and it won't be as cake-y or drying then.

on 10/31/2014 11:51:00 AM

Awful! Really tried to like it; looked great when first applied but dried to horrible orange chalk effect; also made teeth look like i had never brushed them. Gives you cartoon lips; sorry but it looked silly on me. Im dark haired, brown eyed and olive skinned.

on 10/10/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous lipstick! super bright orangey red with coral undertones. I recommend this for the bold and daring. Personally though, I'd rather return this for so chaud just because I'm not brave enough for this and I kind of want some more orange. Other than that, definitely recommend!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS

- A unique shade of red
- Very bright
- Statement colour
- Good price

CONS

- Drying
- Not the best matte (can look very cakey when applied directly from the tube)
- Not an everyday lipstick

This shade is very hard to pull off, I find. Looking at it from pictures and in store, it looks like a nice everyday red lipstick, but it's EXTREMELY bright.
I thought, with my pale skin and big plump lips, it would make a nice contrast but it makes me look almost clown-like.

Not a fan.

on 8/16/2014 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love this lipstick. It is the PERFECT going out lipstick for the summer time! The formulation is matte, but not so matte that it dries out your lips. It stays put for hours, and remains vibrant for most of the time that it is on! Great lipstick, and definitely worth the money :)

on 8/15/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love Ruby Woo with all my heart, but I wanted something warmer for summer/autumn so I went for this gorgeous warm toned red. I find that it is not as matte as Ruby Woo, but nothing blotting it with a tissue doesn't fix. This is certainly not a red for the faint-hearted, it's very much in your face. Also it does yellow your teeth a bit so it's vital to keep those at white as you can ;). It has a permanent spot in my make-up bag, I'm keeping Ruby Woo for the darker months.

Recommended for Medium Skin