April 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by NightSkyStar786

Beautiful orange-y red. It's moisturizing and creamy without compromising the pigment level. I do have to reapply often, but that is to be expected from this particular line of lipsticks (Sheen Supreme) because they're slightly sheer in texture. Korean Candy leans more towards orange than red I find, which is exactly why I like it. If you're fair skinned and find that blue-toned reds are too severe for you, this is a great shade to consider! I wore this lipstick for about 6 months straight and the tube lasted me all that time, and i've got a bit left still even though I am running quite low. I have literally worn this shade all day and reapply. It's got a good value price wise. I like the shape of the tube as well, it fits in my small cross-body bag that I wear when I go out--the kind of bad that only has room for some i.d, a credit-card and your phone. And it's a slick shiny black tube, easy to open and close. I love this shade and will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Pimpinett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite lipstick, and the one that I wear the most. It's a very bright, very yellow red, it's matte, it's intensely pigmented and packs a huge punch. I prefer Lady Danger over Russian Red and MAC's other bright matte reds because blue reds turn more wine or fuchsia than true red on me (NC20, olive/yellow undertones, pigmented lips), and while Lady Danger still wears slightly on the orange side on me, it works far better. Like the previous reviewer, I wear it over darker, blue red lip liners (MAC Cherry, Isadora Ruby Red), which adjusts the shade to the true, bright neutral red I want.

Other than that, it's perfect. Creamy, intensely pigmented, matte but still smooth and easy to apply, great staying power. I don't find it overly drying. I'm almost all the way through my tube, and I will certainly repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nc 30-35, warm and yellow undertones

This shade is a bright red orange color. It's a very bold shade that looks almost neon. I love wearing this with Mac's cherry lip liner. A possible dupe for this lipstick would be l'oreal' colour Riche lipstick in volcanic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Lady Danger is definitely my favorite red lipstick of all time! I'm an NC25 but NC shades still look a bit pink on me as I'm quite yellow due to being half Asian. I had black hair and would use Ruby Woo whenever I wanted to have red lips but to me it wasn't bright enough. Keep in mind I love bright lipsticks like Candy Yum Yum, Saint Germain, Morange and Viva Glam Nicki. Ruby Woo looked too much of a dark red on me but in pics it came out a lot brighter but anyway I wanted a brighter red and so I went to a MAC counter and had six empty containers and turned them in to get Lady Danger. In the store it definitely looked a bright red and I loved it! I swatched it on my hand in the car for my mom to see,(I had 12 containers and have six to her to get a lipstick) and she thought it looked orange. On my lips it looks a bright true red. I don't have to put concealer on my lips with this lipstick cause the pigment in my lips help to sort of cancel out the orange tone yet keep it bright. It lasted all day and isn't as drying as Ruby Woo. On me it looks like a bright true red. To me, true red isn't very blue based in my opinion. This is definitely my HG red lipstick! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

Boom in yo face color! Love this shiz

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by merl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite MAC lip colour - a nice retro red that doesn't dry out my lips. I have extremely dry skin, including my lips and this sits nicely through about 1/2 of my day before requiring reapplication. Most lipsticks hang out for about an hour on my and start flaking, but I have had no problem with this one as long as I exfoliate before application. This is definitely my staple lipstick - will always have a stick on hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the first reddish lipstick that I like on me. I actually was going for another nude lipstick when I asked about a red lipstick. (I've always wanted a red lipstick but never found the right shade. That was until the met MA that changed the my perception about red lipstick.) He found the right shade and did a little trick that made the color look fabulous on me.

I must say, it looked rather intimidating and I had second thoughts when he first showed it to me. But then the trick - he lightly lined and colored my lips with Brick lip liner to even and tone down pink lips (which normally changes the huge on my lipsticks). It looked so striking and beautiful! It didn't look loud, overly bright - more Sade looking.

Without the liner base, it looked like a coral red, a bit deeper then MAC's Chili. A very nice classic pinup red look for a brown girl! I'm a NC45 (yellow/olive undertones) for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by fleurissante

Lady Danger is a bright tomato red matte lipstick. It is a tiny bit too orange for my undertone, but I can still pull it off. The pigmentation is amazing - just dabbing it slightly gives an opaque color which wears on and on and on. I never really believed that a lipstick can last for hours even when you drink or eat (none of my HE do) but Lady danger wears for hours. This of course means that you have to be careful when you apply it because the smallest mistake will be hard to fix.
I have an issue with the texture of the lipstick. While it goes on easily, after half an hour it starts to feel dry on the lips. It doesn't dry the lips out, but it leaves an uncomfortable feeling on the lips - the one which screams: give me the lip balm.
I also don't like European prices - when I got it, the price was 19 euros.
In spite of that, Lady Danger is a lipstick I'd recommend if you are on a hunt for a bold shade. Once I spend mine, I'll definitely repurchase it. For those who are afraid of Lady Danger intensity I'd recommend Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Nahema - very similar colour, but not as pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not for the faint hearted!, this shows up as a fierce red-orange against my complexion which I absolutely adore. Upon visiting the MAC counter I wanted to try out a lipstick that was different to a classic red shade a la Ruby Woo but also something that screamed Summer... and then Lady Danger spoke out me 'choose me! choose me!', without second thought I bought it and haven't looked back since, The matte finish accompanied by the unique orange tone gives Lady Danger somewhat of a je ne sais quoi, simply amazing. I'm pretty much known for wearing bold lip colours so this is no competition to me but this is ultimately a great colour on my NW43 skin. LOVES IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ssroba085

Super pigmented, vivid, pin-up style orange based red. The colour pay off is just incredible. This is my go-to red lipstick and receives compliments each time without fail. Due to it's matte finish, it can be slightly drying if I don't wear MAC prep + prime lip underneath. I have white blonde hair and nw20 shade skin tone to which Lady Danger is very complimentary