July 22, 2014 | 2379 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Lip Lacquer in Eros

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by golden_chain2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from Sephora after reading all the great reviews. I love NARS lip glosses because they feel so light weight and are so easy to apply. Eros however comes in a little glass jar. If I apply it with my finger it feels really heavy and gunky on my lips. However, if I apply it with a lip brush it feels much better but still not as light as NARS lip glosses. The color is nice and it also is nice applied over lipstick. However, I don't know if having to apply it with a lip brush is really worth the effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a flattering, sensual, fleshy rose. It is similar to the natural pigment in my lips but a little deeper and enlivened with some shimmer. Like all the Nars lacquers it is super-sticky but I think the stickiness contributes to its longevity.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by MakeupArtistMiriam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a professional makeup artist and I just discovered NARS Lip Laquer in "Eros."

It's a beautiful, medium-pigmented and silky smooth light rosy nude shade that's very versatile. LOVE this color! Been looking for something like this for years! (I really hope it is part of their regular line and not a "special edition" color.)

I would use this on pretty much any skin tone either alone, or in combination/on top of a lip pencil.
It's staying power is decent for a gloss, and its texture is very natural-feeling: not too liquid-y or sticky...feels almost like a balm but with ALOT more color/coverage.

I will be buying this shade for years to come! BRAVO!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first YLLB tint I've found that's actually both My Lips and Better. The color is an absolutely beautiful flushed gold-red. i'd say it looks a little dark in the pot, but you put it on and it's pure perfection.Not glam/diva looking at all: it's even a little less intense than I'd like, and I am all about the "I was born with it" non-makeup look.

It is a tad on the blue side, for a red. It could be more orangey/cherry red and be even more beautiful, I think, but the blue isn't scary. My skin/coloring is neutral on the warm side (a tad), and fair to very fair. This doesn't overpower my complexion at all.

The only thing I wish is that this were slightly more intense. It matches my lip color so well that it actually just looks like I'm wearing clear gloss after biting my lips one or two times. I still wear it because I like to think it adds a little more color, but I'm not sure. Amazing to find something so close to nature's color, though.

The formula is super thick and sticky, definitely a hair-catcher. The pot is uber tiny and costs a lot of money. I don't mind the smell/taste, but it certainly isn't any fruit or candy.

I think this lasts awhile, but unfortunately it does rub off on stuff, and it rubs off in large quantities, which feels wasteful.

This is definitely not matte, but it's also not plastic-shiney in the way I sometimes think of lacquers. More of a wet-lip shine. Usually a good thing, but I also find it sort of refracts your lips so that they're not as visible (i.e. they look more like flashes of light.)

Anyway, I've been listing all the imperfections but the fact is this is a beautiful color that perfectly balances sexy, down-to-earth and various intangible lovely qualities.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a neutral reddish raspberry with gold shimmer that's quite similar to MAC Sophisto lipstick (which I prefer since it's in a tube, even though MAC's Lustres are so drying). NARS Lip Lacquers have an odd smell similar to motor oil, but it fades quickly. It's a little sticky, but has good staying power for a gloss and it's also moisturizing. Very pretty. Looks great with NARS Outlaw blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by haveaguinness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG lip color for me. I have purchased this 3 times, which is amazing for me, since I am 1) cheap and 2) really don't wear makeup that often. For reference I have fair skin and pigmented lips and this color is absolutely perfect on me. It adds just the right amount of shine, is thick enough that it visually "plumps" my lips, which is lovely, and it lasts much, much better than any other lip gloss I have ever used. It looks right for day or evening. It feels comfortable and hydrating on my lips. To me, the smell/taste is barely perceptible; thank goodness it *doesn't* have an awful candy-sweet smell/taste like so many other lip glosses! It can be worn with liner or over l/s but works beautifully on its own, which is wonderful for me, lazy m/u applier that I am. LOVE. THIS. If they ever d/c this product I will cry buckets. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not superised that this got such a high rating, I love this lip lacquer! It is the perfect pinky red shade that is soft and sexy at the same time. It makes your lips look like you are wearing something but still keeps them soft and inviting. I think this is a good gloss too because the color can be worn with a lot of different makeup looks because it isn't too bold. My only qualm with this is that I hate pots. I hate using a lip brush and wont dig my fingers into anything because I find it gross. So for that I don't use it too much. The color is gorgeous though and def. worth owning even with the crappy packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by welovecats

LOVE this gloss! Stays on as others have stated and is very flattering. I have pale skin, brown eyes, and dark hair and I think it's a good match for me (nw20).

I don't notice a smell whatsoever. I wish it had a vanilla flavor or something to spice it up. My only complaint is how expensive it is . . . 24 dollars at my sephora store and it's a tiny pot. I will be interested to see how long it lasts as this is the first time I've purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by mskatee

I absolutely love this color - perfect for blonde hair and hazel eyes/cool toned skin. The smell that others mention does not bother me. I love how shiny it is and it has great staying power. I love how it feels and how it makes my lips feel and look! I will definitely be trying lip lacquer in other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous color - very similar to their lipgloss Risky Business. A beautiful raspberry that just glides naturally on your lips. The lacquer is glossy, wears beautifully, and leaves my lips smooth and moisturized after it has worn off.