October 30, 2014 | 1816 users online

Loose Powders - Chantecaille - Loose powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by bellonacook

My friend recommended this loose powder to me, and I love it!

I have normal-combination skin and it gets a bit oily towards the afternoon. I have tried many different foundations but nothing really tackles the problem. Recently I feel that I don't want to put on a foundation everyday (my skin looks decent with no major breakouts, maybe a bit of larger pores around the nose), so I have been looking for a loose powder which will protect my skin and provide a bit of oil control (I cannot just go out without any powder on. It actually makes my skin break out and becomes more oily. I blame it on pollution :/)

Many loose powders are a bit too powdery for me, so I decided to give Chantecaille a try, and it works! It decreases oil production by about 30% (I won't say it's almighty, but 30% is quite significant compared to almost no results that I have seen in other products). The powder is also very very fine and soft, so it feels like nothing is on your face, and it looks very natural. Yet I do have to say, if you look for coverage, this is NOT for you.

The 2 drawbacks are 1) pricing and 2) the quite un-user friendly package design. If you want to avoid powder from flying everywhere, you need to tilt the case a little bit before you tap the side of the container to release the powder (which works very well with just a bit of practice). Nonetheless I also hope Chantecaille will consider to redesign the container again.

Despite the 2 drawbacks, this is the best loose powder I have ever used! I think I will repeat my purchase for sure! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by floral007

This is a best loose powders that i love very much, since i always go with high end brand and this loose powder is a winner. I am using Lamer loose powder and i love so much and cant find anything that good as La Mer. I even had Impress loose powder that cost almost $100.usd. Impress is a expensive line from kanebo but it didnt impress me at all except the price until i tried Chantecaille. I would say it worth the price it melt to your skin as part of your skin but look nicer. It didnt make my face look gray. it is just perfect. I found people complained about the package but i love it i think it looks so chic. i would but again and let my La mer a break. I actually love both of them.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by aelaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product for times when I don't want the totally matte finish that my usual routine of MUFE Mat Velvet and MAC Blot Powder gives me. I like that it doesn't contain any shimmer but it also leaves a kind of dewy finish. I also don't really have any problems with the packaging. It doesn't come spilling out of the container like it has for other people- maybe they've changed the packaging since. Also, I think that a little bit of fallout on your counter is just the nature of loose powders.

What I don't like about this powder is that while it looks great immediately after application, it doesn't do anything to control oil. By noon I have to retouch my chin and nose with MAC Blot Pressed. I won't repurchase because I think it will take me years before I even finish the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Kimm992

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just had someone give me this powder because the shade wasn't right for her (and it was the perfect shade for me).

I had never heard of this brand before but I thought I would give this powder a try!

I have to say it is hands down the best loose powder I have ever used! I use it as a finishing powder and it makes my makeup and skin look flawless and airbrushed!

I tend to get a little oily by the end of the day but I haven't had any issues with oil since I started using this powder.

I am hooked for life! Highly reccommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by allyson399

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this loose powder. It doesn't have too much color and never gives a powdery look, which I hate. I use this over the Chantecaille tinted moisturizer and new stick concealer and it keeps it in place all day. The finish is really nice...not too matte, but not shimmery. I really love it and these three products have been a winning combination for me. It is expensive but it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ElegantStyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Cle de Peau for years until the refill was not longer being sold, so I had a choice of try by Terry or Chantecaille. I decided to purchase Chantecaille and I find this is slightly better then Cle de Peau loose powder. The reason is that the powder had no shimmer, but it makes your skin appear natural, slightly dewy and flawless. The powder does not make your skin dry or appear cakey or have build-up. I will be repurchasing this powder.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second most favorite loose powder. (Cle De Peau being my all time complete love!) It is talc free, finely milled, and the lightest textured, fluffiest, most amazing I've ever used. I always come back to it. There is no sparkle, does not oxidize, does not emphasize dry patches of skin. It is great for setting makeup, and is quite translucent. It allows my skin (or foundation) to still radiate a glow rather than looking flat. In contrast, Chanel loose powder, (while also finely milled, not as, but still fine) gives a much more opaque,matte finish.

My only gripe, other than the price (but then, sometimes its just true that we get what we pay for) is that the lid to container does not twist or snap closed. The container is a mirror polished silver, understated and elegant, but the top is just a pull off to open, push down to close. The sifter inside is a rigid plastic rather than a floating screen sifter, but it too is not that tight of a fit.

Guerlain recently redesigned the container its loose powder comes in, and its now very practical as well as beautiful. Not only does the container itself twist closed to where it is completely waterproof, but the inside sifter also twists open and closed. And its a highly polished silver color instead of the previous gold. But...... the Chantecaille powder is still nicer IMO, and the container is lovely sitting on the vanity, just not travel friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by SamWaddington

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a user of Chantecaille Just Skin, I had been coveting the loose powder for a while. Firstly whilst the packaging isn't the most practical it is beautiful and looks very swish on my dressing table, plus the puff is very soft and a pleasure to use.
I bought the light (which is perfect for my very pale skin), the texture is smooth and airy and goes on extremely sheer. It has no sparkle or shine, but isn't 'flat' on the skin, so it doesn't make you look powdered but still knocks back any shine/oilyness. It doesn't look patchy or make dry areas look worse either.The other thing I like about this powder is it doesn't change the colour of your base or go patchy or cakey.
The only bad thing I can find to say about this powder is the price....you need a small mortgage!
But as it beats Smashbox, Mac, T'LeClerc, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Laura Mercier and countless others (I can't get CDP here which is the only powder I've heard beats the Chantecaille) I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sminkedokka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is talc free and looks flawless on the skin. I feel like I am wearing nothing, yet my skin looks even in tone and perfectly matte. It is great on top of any foundation, and on a good skin day. I wear it on it's own. It feels comforrable and looks great! My HG complexion enhancer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lily_vert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is outstanding. LeClerc is the only other powder I would recommend - and this product far surpasses even that. I have always cringed at the thought of setting my makeup. I can always tell when someone has powder on. This sets my makeup, I cannot tell that its there, and after 8 hours, its all holding together perfectly. The consistency is like silk - and I believe it has silk fibers. I bought the Subtle to set Chantecaille's Real Skin - and where before I wasn't happy with the leftover shine/slip of the Real Skin, with the powder on top of it, it is now my HG foundation. Coverage that feels like nothing is there. The two products together are spectacular.