October 24, 2014 | 1171 users online

Moisturizers - La Roche Posay - Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wrecked my skin thinking I could use a vit c serum in the am with a night retinoid, which resulted in angry, red, rough, flaky skin.

I was looking for something a smidge lighter than Polysporin, and fell upon this. My skin recuperated in less than a week.

Love the feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product for acne prone skin! I have dry, acne prone skin and I continue to use and repurchase this product. I have bought it 3 times. However I do have some issues with it which is why I give it a 4. I actually would rate it 3.5 instead. It is very pricey for what it is at $30 for 30ml (CAD). It's about a $1 per ml. It has very simple ingredients and very good for acne skin. It is a very basic moisturizer. The fluide version is the best for acne prone skin but not the best for dry skin. I found it did not help too much when my skin is very dry in the winter. There are richer versions of this but the ingredients are potentially clogging for me which is why I stick to this. I have another issue with this and it is that it has sodium hydroxide. This is what I believe irritates my skin at times. If you have areas of your face that is red because of acne or dryness and irritation it, this product can make it worse. It would sting on my face. Other than that, when your skin is not having active acne or irritation, and just have acne-prone skin this is a great non-pore clogging basic moisturizer. I find this is great for me in the summer when dryness isn't an issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by natalie225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very light. It's great for under makeup during hot summer days, but it proved to be just too light for me. My skin is closer to normal / combination and this moisturizer is definitely for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by tobyleota

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have repurchased this item at least 12 times. It soothes and moisturizes, which is exactly what I need after a salicylic acid peel. I have oily skin with very large pores, and this has never broken me out or left me feeling greasy. It's probably a little pricey for the very simple ingredients, but the fact that it doesn't harm me in any way makes it worth it.
It's simple, clean, moisturizing-perferct for me. It even travels well.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

The nice thing about this product is that it feels light on the skin, doesn't make my skin break out, and makeup goes on nicely over it. However, I can only use this if my skin is particularly oily, otherwise it won't give me the necessary moisture I need. I only recommend this for oily skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by tatcuya114

My chest area is highly sensitive. It gets irritated for all kinds of wired reasons. Last night after shower, I found that there was redness all over my chest and it was itchy as well. I put some regular moisturizer and went to sleep. This morning the situation did not get any better. I suddently remembered that I have this in my drawer. I pulled it out and put it on. I was surprised how fast it calmed my skin down. I feel like as I was rubbing it onto my chest, the redness already started to fade away. Now an hour has passed and my chest has come to a pretty presentable state (before it was pretty horrible). I always think highy of La Roche Posay's product. I think they are truely mild and effective at the same time. I would highly recommend this brand to people with sensitive skin like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkwatermelon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed with this product at first. You see, some reviewers are right, it does seem like it sits on your face. What I did is applied it all over and pat my face to help absorb it faster. Once it's absorbed, my face felt nourished and supple. It doesn't make my face oily nor does it mattify it to the point my skin underneath is dry--BB Creams tend to do that to me at least. So anyway, over the past month, I've been going thru a lot of purging in my face due to my other acne products--glycolic acids, BHAs, etc. which are very drying. I had dry spots around my eyes and some rich moisturizers felt stinging to me, it hurt more. This was the ONLY thing that soothed my dry patches and eventually moisturized them later on. No more dry patches. I cannot go without this one, even if I use tinted moisturizers with SPF afterwards.

Also have to say, when I used some moisturizers on my neck, my neck burned! I don't know if my skin was THAT sensitive or if the products I used were a little harsh, so I went back and put this on my neck as well...and my gawd, was it soothing. And it absorbed quickly too! I love this and I would also like to try the Toleriane Ultra as everyone is raving about that one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by PebblesJetson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whenever my combination skin gets out of whack especially when I travel overseas for work, I use this trick recommended by my dermatologist. I use this cream Toleriane Fluid Soothing Protective Non-Oily Emulsion (Combination to Oily Skin) on my T-Zone. It's a light moisturiser that helps mattify my forehead, nose and chin and keeps the shine at bay. It's non-comedogenic and is great for my oily but sensitive T-Zone. To balance out my oily but dehydrated cheek areas, I use LPR's Hydraphase Intense Legere Intensive Rehydrating Care. After a month, my skin balances itself out. Ideal for the hot, humid climate I live in.

I also help my skin along by using 2 different toners - Jurlique Citrus Purifying Mist on my oily T-Zone and Jurlique Lavender Hydrating Mist on my dehydrated cheeks. Never use a harsh cleanser, not even one formulated for Combination Skin when trying to rebalance your skin. Use instead a very mild, gentle cleanser. After a month, with this routine, my skin learns to rebalances itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by hanako283

My old moisturizer wasn't doing it for me anymore. I have combination but very dehydrated skin, and I needed something that would absorb fast, not feel greasy (due to the upcoming hot summer weather), yet would be sufficiently hydrating. I've been using this for only a week now but I can feel a great difference in my skin. Makeup goes on more easily and I am not irritated. I appreciate the lack of fragrance and the extremely fluid consistency. I find it also mattifies my skin a little bit! The list of ingredients is very short, so it puts me at ease. I've thrown away all my other facial moisturizers because they've started to irritate me or didn't work anymore. I'm happy with Toleriane.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by annakimla

Great light moisturizer, perfect under makeup for acne skin.