April 24, 2014 | 1403 users online

Crème - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish Sponge-On Creme Make-up

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by nic17ola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this product, been using it for about 7 years now, wouldn't be without it, very good coverage and lasts me all day at work so I don't need to top up in the day. It usually lasts me up to 3/4 months which in my opinion is brilliant as I use it everyday. I literally could not use another foundation. This is the best!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by shinyniachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation a couple of weeks ago as the shade I found matches my skin perfectly (21 ivory) and I thought I'd give it a go.
I have tried it upwards of 10 times, but I have never once left the house wearing it. I desperately want to like this foundation, but I just hate it.

It is incredibly cakey, it maximizes my pores more than any foundation I've ever used (and I don't ordinarily have a problem with visible pores), and feels like a waxy mask when it's on. It is absolutely awful.

I have gone from the cheapest foundations up to ones that have burned a hole in my pocket and this is by far the worst I have ever used. No amount of blending made it look any better, setting powder made it look even worse, even my Beauty Blender couldn't work its magic on it.

If I'm somehow using it wrong I would love to know, but I have open-mindedly tried everything I can think of. I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a Bobbi Brown foundation girl, but I always keep one of these in my handbag for late night touch ups or weather-related emergencies. Good coverage and great price, I usually pay about €12.00 for mine at the Eliz Arden Counter and it lasts for months. It's also the only foundation my mum will use.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was gutted with this foundation, I'm 30 and first bought this on a flight when I was 15 with the typically teenagers spotty oily skin and this was amazing covered what needed to be covered and stayed put it was a pure luxury because I never bought it again until now!. It only cost £10.00 from a discount web store and I couldn't wait to try it again, yes my skin is still as oily but only the odd spot now and again!. As I was applying it I noticed that it just wasn't covering anything my open pores never smoothed over like it used to do and it felt really light but greasy. And to make matters worse the Shade which matched perfectly when first on oxidised on me it just looked awful. On the one plus side I still love that original packaging its in and then let it go and gave it to my mum who loves it!.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am 38 with difficult skin
dry
oily(very)
hormonal and acne

I hated this. it was soooo thick and yucky that even with a thin light layer,light hand.. it just instantly came off and looked all cakey.smells very strong but smells dont matter to me just performance.

besides consistency,if you can get that to work, i'd say it was instant 100% full coverage even using little, so that's good! AND I am a PPP , who never can find pale enough makeup so you won't have that problem with the ivory. Its pale enough, and nothing ever is enough for me,also,even more rare than that, is that it is pale without dreaded undertones! no pink, no yellow,no gray, a pure neutral. just a pure pale lightest ivory. not ghostlike or white or anything. as close as you can get though! I mean when youre a PPP you welcome that! for reference, people think that estee lauder double wear in ecru is a goth look, and for me that is too dark! it is unowrkably dark for me. and this elizabeth arden sponge on in ivory is way pale:) just too heavy for me yuck! not good for oily.
I am still looking for a pale enough cream foundation. because i love everything about maybelline instant age rewind cream compact foundation "custom face perfector" EXFEPT the lightest color,classic ivory is way too dark for me. it has the death gray corpse tone. thats even worse than yellow orpink, so if anyone has any advice please message me:)
Hope my review helped. I paid $19.99 on ebay and one thing I can say it is is DOUBLE the ounces of other products so take that into consideration with price! (made it equivalent to just $10 a compact!) in other words its equal to buying TWO compacts of most drugstore brands which cost $10 and up anyway! its HUGE!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by isatiila

Formerly my absolute favourite foundation, and would agree with all the positive reviews.

But repeat users - beware!

I ran out last week and went in to buy a new Toasty Beige. I used it for a couple of days and it seemed fine, until a friend pointed out that I was looking really pale. I'd put it down to being unwell, but a trip back to the makeup counter revealed that it was the foundation. EA changed the colour; presumably something to do with the change in formula mentioned in the review below (though, I didn't notice any issues with the formula itself). Nobody had told the EA rep at the counter, who opened three new boxes just to check that it wasn't a one-off. She was fantastic and allowed me to exchange it for a Ceramide in Toasty, which is great, but too expensive to justify buying again.

Seriously, EA, you thought people wouldn't notice the difference?! Why not just discontinue Toasty Beige (or all of the range if this applies generally) and bring out a new range? SO disappointed! If it ain't broken, don't fix it! And if you do "fix" it, the least you could do is let people know.

I'll be going back to MAC. But I suppose if you're buying this for the first time and there's a colour for you and you want lasting, smooth coverage - go for it. Hopefully they don't switch it up again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by NikNak7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The old version of this used to be unbelieveable, I never had to worry about my makeup coz it always sat perfect on my dry skin, however when I went to purchase it in a shade lighter the SA told me that it was a whole new "improved" formula, it was anything but. It used to blend in with my skin & glow, now it sits on top of it, its mask like, its more a cream to powder now so it makes my dry skin worse, its just awful. I would give anything for the old formula to return. Has anyone else noticed the change in the formula?
I have to say though the customer service in elizabeth arden is second to none, I contacted them to ask about the new formula and they were incredibly helpful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Awful: thick and masking. Skin is locked in. Been around for a long time and it shows: foundation for the 20th century!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So many people I know recommended this that I went and bought it. My shade is vanilla. It's very very comfortable, and you can build up from a barely there veil to a very made up look. It has an old fashioned make up smell, that I don't dislike, and I love the black compact, again, a little bit old fashioned, it feels almost vintage. It lasts forever on the skin. I've worn it during nightshifts, during workouts...still there afterwards, does not budge.

I don't use it daily and haven't noticed breakouts. The only con for me is that with this on, I have to use proper make up remover before washing my face . I use clinique liquid soap, and usually can skip the make up remover , but this needs one. This is my first compact so I can't compare to others, but would definitely give it a go, especially if you want to wear something with staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by JOMCKEE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. For coverage and dewy finish it is unbeatable. A lot of the colours are too pink. Toasty beige does suit a lot of people and is quite golden and not too dark.
At the moment I am using MAC face and body with a touch of Elizabeth Arden flawless finish where I need extra coverage the effect is glowy dewy and kinder for my age I believe than anything else on the market.