Kerastase Bain de Force

3.9

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamidopropionate, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Methylparaben, Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Polyquaternium-30, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, Carbomer, Polyquaternium-7, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Quaternium-87, Methylparaben, 2-Oleamido-1,3, Octadecanediol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 3/9/2013 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am in twominds about this I love the results but I seem to be a bit allegic. I get a hot itchy scalp after using it and sometimes break out in bumps in my scalp . I also notice when hair sheds more when i wash it using this shampoo and con. I used it for i full year last year and really loved it it works brilliantly but i think your scalp gets used to it and you start having problems. My eyes also get sore when i use it. I will prob keeps a couple of bottles to use now and again but i dont think my hair will allow me to use this regularly again.

on 1/23/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This shampoo has a very soft formula that doesnt make your hair straw-like. Of course the results are not the same if you continue damaging your hair by ironing, perming, dying, blow drying and stuff. Really, if you continue doing that sort of things, you cant expect this or any other product to repair it.
I used it among the masque, and it is really doing fine, I use no heat tools, wash it every other day and apply the masque twice a week. It is really making my hair look and feel healthier.
Another good thing about this product is that you don't need to use a lot of product to get good results.
The smell is very nice, not strong enough to be annoying.

on 1/8/2013 1:01:00 AM

I noticed last summer that I had a big chunk missing in my hair. Yes, serious hair breakage. I got really scared and decided to ditch the cheap stuff and really invest my money in some serious products. I knew Kerastase was one of the best brands out there. But of course you have to search around even within a brand and find what works for you. So I decided to get this protein shampoo. It started to transform my hair INSTANTLY! It made it thicker and fuller and healthier from day 1. Yes. Now, 6 months later that really short chunk is down to my shoulders, thanks to THIS product and the matching serum. So YES, it does what it suppose to do. Builds your hair back to normal. The only thing is that you have to switch it sometimes to a moisturizing shampoo as too much protein can build up. You will notice that it works wonderfully and one day after washing your hair it feels dry and no good, that is the time to wash it a couple of times with moisture shampoo and conditioner. It is not cheap, around $40 a bottle, but it lasted me a long time, made a dramatic change in my hair, smells lovely citrusy, and weeks later I started using the matching reconstructive serum, that is superb as well... Together they are like $80 but if you are stressed out about your hair, this is a MUST. :-)

on 12/25/2012 3:26:00 PM

I am very new to Kerastase and thought I would give it a try based on the reviews. So far my hair is getting much better with this shampoo. Also using the entire line to get the full effect. It has only been a few weeks now and think this product will be a keeper for me :)

on 11/30/2012 9:35:00 PM

I had a sample of this and when I first used it I was amazed at how soft and silky my hair felt, however the next day my scalp was incredibly itchy and flakey, I won't be using this range again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had such high hopes for this product as I have heard many great things about it. And partly, they were true. My hair became less prone to split ends and generally healthier looking. However, the big no-no for me was that it became greasy a lot faster.
My hair is usually oily, but with this I couldn't last 24 hour without washing it. I normally wash it every other day, but this just made it go very greasy very fast.
I have no idea what caused it because I don't recognize any silicones or oils which are the usual culprits. Nevertheless, I am very sorry this did not work out for me because everything else, except for the price, was pretty great.

I'm excited, even without a mask and conditioner my hair shake

on 10/6/2012 5:53:00 AM

The first few onths of using this were heaven my hair was thick and felt great and the price tag was worth the results. I used this with the anti usure cimet conditioner and volumactive spray. Then after a few months I noticed a couple of things starting. My hair would be very knotted at the roots after washing and my hair would appear to stretch out as I brushed it through before blow drying. This continued until my previously very healthy hair began to snap off at the root end every time I washed. I started to get itchy bump in my scalp and a weird stinging sensation all over the scalp. As tine went on my hair began to shed when washing and in the brush when brushing through. My hair felt noticeably weaker and thinner after about 9 months. I actually booked a drs appointment for bloods to be taken as I though i was anaemic or somehting then something made me check reviewson this shampoo and thank god i checked because other people were reviewing the exact same problems i couldn't believe it!. I changed back to my old shampoo and literally within days my hair started to go back to it's previous condition and my scalp felt healthy again. It was undoubtedly the shampoo causing it!. The volumactive spray i have used for much longer and have no problem with but these shampoos are very bad for long term use. Please be aware so if you notice the changes stop imdeiately.I still have loads of snapped short bits at the front of my hair which I have never had in my entire life. I do not colour or straighten my hair just blow dry it so I can't imagine what the long term effects would be for people who colourand tyle their hair regularly and use this shampoo.

on 9/19/2012 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo made my hair very plump and thicker. I am very impressed.

I don't agree with the price of Kerastase. I have tried shampoos before that have done not quite as a good job, but almost.

I would rather use a cheaper shampoo and spend the money I save on a more expensive conditioner or treatment.

I don't really have problematic hair. It's a little dry, no split ends, not too frizzy, down to my waist, thick. I like products that nourish my hair, and make it smooth, soft, and shiny.
I don't understand why kerastase is so popular. It all seems so overpriced and average. Granted it smells sooo good and lathers really nicely, but that's really it. It's soo expensive and I've tried much better drugstore products.
My hair is kind of dry because I used to heat style every day. After a few times of using this my hair was even drier. It felt dry, looked dry, and I had split ends..I NEVER have split ends.
I guess it works well for some people, but it was pretty bad for me. It wasn't moisturizing at all. I guess it's partially because my hair is thick, not thin, but it still didn't work at all. I won't buy this again.

Top Rated Kerastase Products