April 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JadePixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a sample of this and when I first used it I was amazed at how soft and silky my hair felt, however the next day my scalp was incredibly itchy and flakey, I won't be using this range again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had such high hopes for this product as I have heard many great things about it. And partly, they were true. My hair became less prone to split ends and generally healthier looking. However, the big no-no for me was that it became greasy a lot faster.
My hair is usually oily, but with this I couldn't last 24 hour without washing it. I normally wash it every other day, but this just made it go very greasy very fast.
I have no idea what caused it because I don't recognize any silicones or oils which are the usual culprits. Nevertheless, I am very sorry this did not work out for me because everything else, except for the price, was pretty great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Zemlepotrasnaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm excited, even without a mask and conditioner my hair shake

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by honeystar749

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first few onths of using this were heaven my hair was thick and felt great and the price tag was worth the results. I used this with the anti usure cimet conditioner and volumactive spray. Then after a few months I noticed a couple of things starting. My hair would be very knotted at the roots after washing and my hair would appear to stretch out as I brushed it through before blow drying. This continued until my previously very healthy hair began to snap off at the root end every time I washed. I started to get itchy bump in my scalp and a weird stinging sensation all over the scalp. As tine went on my hair began to shed when washing and in the brush when brushing through. My hair felt noticeably weaker and thinner after about 9 months. I actually booked a drs appointment for bloods to be taken as I though i was anaemic or somehting then something made me check reviewson this shampoo and thank god i checked because other people were reviewing the exact same problems i couldn't believe it!. I changed back to my old shampoo and literally within days my hair started to go back to it's previous condition and my scalp felt healthy again. It was undoubtedly the shampoo causing it!. The volumactive spray i have used for much longer and have no problem with but these shampoos are very bad for long term use. Please be aware so if you notice the changes stop imdeiately.I still have loads of snapped short bits at the front of my hair which I have never had in my entire life. I do not colour or straighten my hair just blow dry it so I can't imagine what the long term effects would be for people who colourand tyle their hair regularly and use this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Rosiecg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo made my hair very plump and thicker. I am very impressed.

I don't agree with the price of Kerastase. I have tried shampoos before that have done not quite as a good job, but almost.

I would rather use a cheaper shampoo and spend the money I save on a more expensive conditioner or treatment.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I don't really have problematic hair. It's a little dry, no split ends, not too frizzy, down to my waist, thick. I like products that nourish my hair, and make it smooth, soft, and shiny.
I don't understand why kerastase is so popular. It all seems so overpriced and average. Granted it smells sooo good and lathers really nicely, but that's really it. It's soo expensive and I've tried much better drugstore products.
My hair is kind of dry because I used to heat style every day. After a few times of using this my hair was even drier. It felt dry, looked dry, and I had split ends..I NEVER have split ends.
I guess it works well for some people, but it was pretty bad for me. It wasn't moisturizing at all. I guess it's partially because my hair is thick, not thin, but it still didn't work at all. I won't buy this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by shgale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo! I use it with Kerastase Ciment Anit-Usure and they are a dream team! I was told to try them by my hairdresser and they have definitely improved the texture and condition of my hair. I only use them a couple of times a week and alternate with my other shampoo/conditioner as they are really expensive but for me it's so worth it. When I use this my hair feels soft and smooth even before conditioning which is a novelty for me as I have fine highlighted hair so it gets really tangled. This is a must have for me. The only annoying thing is the bottle- the lid is really heavy and it could do with a squeezy bottle with a flip lid...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by lsquires12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know there are many people who swear by Kerastase products, but I don't get the hype. My hairdresser harped on me for years before I finally broke down and tried them. I have dry, coarse hair and damage from heat styling, so I alternated between the Bain de Force/Ciment Anti-Usure (to repair) and the Bain Satin 2/Masquintense (for moisture/deep conditioning), plus the Nectar Thermique before heat styling. After a few weeks the condition of my hair was worse. It felt dry, looked dry, and had more split ends than before. My hairdresser suggested that I switch to the Bain Nutri-Thermique and Fondant Nutri-Thermique, plus the Masquintense for deep conditioning. The results with that combination are a little bit better, but I'm still not sure it's worth all the hype.

Since this review is specifically for the Bain de Force shampoo, I'll take a moment to review that. It lathers well and has a nice scent, but that's about it. It's hard to say whether or not it actually repaired my hair, but it sure didn't seem like it. For $36 for an 8-oz. bottle, I expect more. I'll use it here and there until I finish the bottle, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Incredible. I have been eyeing this line for awhile, since Bain 1/ Lait Vital in the Kerastase Nutritive didn't work for me (YUCK, THE SMELL!!!). I am not the typical Resistance candidate. My hair is not severely damaged, but damaged enough to where i saw a huge difference the first time i used this. I only use a temporary color every couple of months, and heat style a little everyday (wash/blow-dry every other day, run my curling wand though; touch ups here and there with my curling wand on days I don't wash my hair). You only need a little bit. Even before conditioner, you can almost feel all the rough spots in your hair "filling in". Paired with the conditioner, this is the best shampoo/conditioner I have ever used. But you would think for the price it would have a flip cap...$2 drugstore shampoos have them, so what's up with that, lol?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the most expensive hair care product I've used thus far in my life. That said, I do like it a lot, but I'm not sure it's "the one". While washing my hair, I swear this shampoo thickens up my hair because it feels really plump. It doesn't leave my hair as tangled as it usually does post-shampoo, but I still need a conditioner afterwards. I use Ciment Thermique as my leave-in treatment, and my hair is shiny and soft. I also like the light refreshing scent. Unless I find something I like better than this, I'd repurchase! For reference, I have thin, slightly wavy hair that's halfway down my back.