September 17, 2014 | 2287 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have repurchased this several times . My skin glows after use. I do not use it everyday for washing only on days my skin may need something more gentle. I also always use this to wash off my peels from muac. I also use this for shaving it gets it helps in bikini area for those red bumps and it's softer lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm currently sitting here with trashed skin because of Ponds Cold Cream.
I don't use foundation unless it's a special occasion, so I know these deep, cystic zits aren't from that. It's not that time of the month, so I know it's not hormonal. (also, hormonal acne tends to "brew" in my case, these happened over night)

I know Ponds brand has that 'signature smell' they insist on putting in all of their products, but I personally find it horrendous. This product is not for sensitive skin, which I suspected, but, like an idiot, I always have to test my limits.

I'm also not sure how this is supposed to remove makeup, because after using it as directed, and drying my face with a white towel, there is black eye makeup all over my white towels. Just sayin'.

One for the trashcan!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for years and have repurchased dozens of times. It's cheap, smells good and gently but effectively removes every trace of eye makeup--including lash glue, waterproof mascara and liquid eyeliner. Some may complain that the jar packaging may be unhygienic but I personally like it and think it's cute. Besides, I don't ever dip my fingers directly into the jar. I always use a cotton ball to apply and each jar lasts me forever. Note: I only use this to remove eye makeup. I haven't tried applying it all over my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This stuff works! You know how I know? Use this, wipe it off, and then take any makeup remover towelette and go over your face once again. There is little to no residue left on the towel as opposed to all the makeup that remains after using a regular makeup removing cleanser.

However, I do have to knock off a couple stars. I'm not a huge fan of dipping my fingers into the tub because it is quite unhygienic. I'm also not too keen on the smell or the fact this product contains mineral oil. I regret buying this not because it sucks but because I've decided to switch over to organic skincare. I'll probably use this one up but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I love ponds cold cream :D !!!

First off, the texture! At the moment I am using albolene and I must say I really miss the texture of the ponds. It's very creamy but not gross and greasy. Although its not as heavy as albolene i find that it is much more effective at removing my makeup.

Although the texture is amazing, i must say I hate that the scent is so prominent in this. It has never bothered my skin, however when it gets into my eyes it stings really bad :(

Over all this is a nice product and will most likely repurchase it after I finish my huge tub of albolene, however if you are sensitive to scents, stay away!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been really interested in a cream makeup remover that I can use on my eyes, I am tired of pulling and tugging and rubbing at my eye area with wipes and liquid remover-soaked cotton. I bought this at the drugstore on a whim, so far:

Pros:
- affordable
- effectively removes even my waterproof eye makeup.
- leaves the skin around my eyes feeling very soft and clean.
- not drying and not too oily residue (though I follow up with Cetaphil cleanser to remove any excess)

Cons:
- actually stings my eyes pretty uncomfortably if even a tiny bit gets past my closed eyelids
- clouds my vision for a little while after cleansing

I don't know if I'll buy this one again because I'm not super in love. I wanted it particularly for my eye area and it can be irritating. Reviewers here like it as an all-over cleanser, I think I'll try it tonight and see how it does with my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by sweetxsour35

I checked the reviews on this before I bought it and I can honestly say that people with oily skin shouldn't be afraid of this product. I have acne and the medication I use can be so harsh that my normally oily skin becomes flaky with a sheen on top of it, not a good look. After one use, my skin was baby soft. This is a cleanser, but it's a moisturizer too. Now I can actually use my acne meds without feeling like I'm destroying my skin. It's also great at removing makeup. Even after using a cleansing wipe, this really gets the rest of the makeup out. The paper towel that I wiped my face with after turned out yellow! Great cleanser that's powerful and still gentle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ponds Cold Cream has been around forever because it's good and it works. This is what my grandmother always used. She's the one who told me never to use soap or anything that foams on my face. Guess what? She was right! Although I finally learned not to use foaming cleansers, it's only recently that I've started using cold cream. I use it at night to take off my makeup, and it works like a dream. Personally, I prefer Avon's Care Soothing Cold Cream Cleanser. However, I've also tried Ponds, and it's very good too. The Ponds isn't as silky and it smells a bit stronger. It's also more expensive. Ponds retails for about $8.00 dollars a jar. Retail does vary though, and if you shop around I'm sure you can get better deals. One nice thing about Ponds is that it's sold everywhere.

I use Ponds just like I use any other cold cream. First, I apply a cherry sized dallop to dry skin and gently massage into my skin in an upward motion. Although the directions always say to apply generously, I find this is more than enough to remove all the grime and makeup from the day. Second, I like to let the cold cream sit for a minute or two to absorb and lift off the grime and/or makeup. Third, I gently wipe away the cream with a cleansing wipe or wash cloth. (FYI: I read somewhere that you should never use tissues because they can leave wood pulp in the skin. I don't know if this is true or not, but I'm not taking any chances!) Finally, I freshen the skin with a little toner or witch hazel. Then you can moisturize if neccessary. However, you might find that the skin is moist enough and just requires eye cream.
I was really worried at first that cold cream would upset my sensitive combination skin, but actually my skin has never looked better, In the morning I use some blotting tissues to remove excess oil. Then I wash with a NON FOAMING cleansing cream or lotion. Personally, unless you have extremely dry skin, I think Ponds or any other cold cream in the morning might be over kill.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cold cream made me break out badly. My method was to rub on for one minute, put a hot towel on and then wipe off, and then use a mild soap after that. I think some skins just can't tolerate mineral oil even if it's only on for just a moment. Oh well, at least it was fun for me to try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Lapiz

I picked up cold cream after seeing a movie with Ingrid Bergman in which she dotted her face with it to take off her makeup. If a woman with such flawless and beautiful skin swore by cold cream, then thatís good enough for me!
I've been using cold cream as a cleanser for about 6 months or more and it's made my skin so healthy and beautiful. But you HAVE to use it the right way! Cold cream must be applied on dry skin with dry fingers. I take a little penny-sized dollop out with a plastic spatula and dot my forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, and neck. And then for about 2-3 minutes I just enjoy massaging it into my skin. The cream becomes clear and has an oily consistency; sometimes I can actually feel little clogged particles being loosened from my skin. And then I take a soft tissue and wipe it off gently. Afterward, I cleanse with a cleanser and voila! Gorgeous results. I use it twice a day and love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No