Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

I love this stuff and the Dollar Tree clone. I stopped using this in favor of foam washes for a few years. I don't know why I left it! This helps keep the oilies at bay and pimples. It is strange for a creamy cleanser. I have oily skin, very oily on the t-zone a little oily on the rest of the face. In the winter this is the best cleanser, because my skin is slightly dryer. I haven't seen any difference with the new formula. I wear contacts, and this is the best eye make up remover cleanser because it doesn't sting my eyes.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I wanted to try and use this as my make-up removal product. I know it has a cult following and it is very budget friendly so it seemed like a potential winner. I have combination dehydrated skin and am also keen to find effective but non-stripping cleansers.

This comes in a nice heavy jar and has a comforting 'clean' scent. As a makeup remover, this is effective but not good enough. I massage this in a dry full-face of makeup and then remove with a warm cloth. I find that I have to use a massive dollop because this reacts more like an extremely think moisturiser than a typical cleansing balm - it doesn't spread well and can tend to absorb as you go. I use wp mascara daily and this requires a lot of working into the lashes to get rid of my mascara and decent massaging in to get rid of foundation - you can't just slap it on and take it off again. After two goes with a warm cloth to remove, I can feel residue on the skin. I always do a second cleanse with another product so I don't mind the left-over layer and I've not broken out because of this.

I like to get in a good facial massage on light makeup days, and this product is no good for massage. I can see this product would work wonders on dry skin, it's budget friendly, available everywhere and pleasant to use, so if any of that appeals to your skin needs I would recommend it. I find that the residue it leaves requires a second cleanse on my combo spot-prone skin to 'feel clean' and I worry that the layer would ruin the effectiveness of any treatments used afterwards. So it cannot be used as a second or morning cleanser. Also, this left an atrocious mess in my sink. It turns the makeup into a thick greasy film that has to be scrubbed off of fixtures after every single use. Even if you're not wearing makeup, it leaves a film that will then catch anything else that might touch it. That was a major vote against this for me. I will keep this around for extreme-dryness periods, post long-haul flights and such but I've gone back to my daily makeup remover balm for now.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I think this is too thick to remove eye makeup, but this is my HG makeup remover for foundation. I make sure my face is dry, then I smooth about a dime sized amount all over my face (you need less than you think). Then I use a wet washcloth to gently scrub it off. It leaves my skin feeling clean, hydrated, and supple. I don't feel like I need to use an additional cleanser after using this. It's been a miracle product for my dry skin!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I never used the original formula, so I can't comment on that. I was told that I shouldn't use this at all since my skin can get super oily, but I'm very strict about removing all of my makeup, so I added this to my nighttime routine. I rub it all over my face, remove it with a makeup removing wipe, then wash my face again with a gentle cleanser and silicone scrubber. It's super helpful, especially if I've been wearing liquid foundation or a lot of eye makeup. I'd say that this is okay for sensitive/oily skin, so long as you don't rely on it as your moisturizer.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have purchased this product at least 4x in a row over the past year. I have not used other facial cleansers in the past year. I have very plump, hydrated, clear skin due to this simple routine: massaging my face with this at night, waiting and letting it set for a minute, then wiping off with a wet, warm microfiber towel. I have experienced significantly better skin with this gentle routine. If I am feeling like adding a second step, I will use a toner on cotton rounds after.

I'm glad to have finally found an inexpensive and simple routine that works for me, no matter what condition my skin is in.

I have combination skin, prone to dehydration and sun spots.

This review is about pond's cold cream with light green cap. I bought 260g version from chemist warehouse for $6 AUD.

This product received three stars on paula choices product review website. The product is jug package and need cotton buds to scoop. It has traditional makeup removing ingredients and it has mineral oil and fragrance. The texture is creamy and glides well on the skin. It melts the makeups well and you can massage the face for a minute or two while taking off the makeup. It does not sting the skin, but can get blurry when the product goes in your eyes, so becareful around your eyes if you wear contact lenses. I use oil cleanser to wash off the product. No need foam cleanser if you have dry skin with this product (if you have oily skin you will want to used foam cleanser because of the greasiness). I sometimes use a little bit of the product like a leave-in night mask.

Living in melbourne, the skin gets very very dry by the wind even in summer and it was always hard for me to completely remove the makeup from the flaked skin. I have very sensitive, combination skin with pimple and acne so I refused to use this greasy product in the beginning. But when I started to use this, it shortened my time to take off the makeup. Within two days, it actually improved the condition of the skin. Less dry patches and redness, less acne and pimple and makeup sits well the next day :-)

My room mate was the same. She had pimples and acne, but dry patches as well. After my recomendation, her skin got clear and balanced within 2 days. NoT dry, less pimple and acne. If you live in melbourne, try this.

* I would not recomend using tissue to take off the products because that's not a good method for your skin. Try to use oil cleanser, or foam cleanser. On my personal experience oil cleanser was much better.

** Also although this may be a great night mask, I would not use this as a replacement of daily moisturizer since it does not have much antioxidant and cell communicating ingredients. It protects and moisturize the skin without causing skin problems but does not help building collagen or stimulate skin cells.

**** Please do not get wrong with mineral oil being bad for your skin. There are many researches that mineral oil does not clog pores, irritate or hurt the skin - it just feel greasy (but that does not mean causing pimples!). Personally, I don't like the fragrance and parabens in the ingredient, but so far I had no reaction for 4years.

Pros: cheap. Massage & removes make up. Moisturized. Clear the skin. Does not sting eyes or skin.

Cons: greasy. Need oil/foam cleanser after. Jug package. Fragrance and parabens

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i use this to take off my makeup for many years , i still use so often, they change the formula i don't think it feels the same.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this cleanser. I will never go back. My skin is dry as a desert and every other cleanser I've tried has made it flake horribly and feel like sandpaper. This cleanser, not at all. My skin feels plump and soft after every use. Would highly recommend! I noticed some people mentioning it doesn't remove makeup and I'm not sure about that because I use a separate makeup remover before I use this so do keep that in mind, but as a cleanser it's great.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really liked how refreshing this is, but it was irritating my eyes when I tried to remove makeup with it. It got in my eyelashes and was hard to remove. I prefer baby oil to this. I will not repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this. I find makeup wipes to be a bit pricey at times, and this jar comes with SO much product for 4 or 5 bucks. I have combination skin, with it being oiler in the t-zone during the Summer months. Other than that though, my skin is pretty clear. I just have the typical issue of large pores and some blackheads. I'll do full face of makeup maybe 3 times a week and this gets EVERYTHING off. Anyways, this did not seem to aggravate my skin. I just find the packaging a bit un-hygenic which is why I deduced a lippy. Also, sometimes I find myself not reaching for it because I have to then use a washcloth to rinse it off and my washcloth for my face needs to be washed since I only have one.