Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

4.1

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 1/28/2015 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pros:
Removes all makeup including waterproof mascara and eyeliner easily.
My skin feels clean
My skin is hydrated

Cons:
Maybe not good for people with oily skin as it can be

I use this produce according to the directions. I rub a good amount of it all over my face. I make sure to gently scrub my eyelids and lashes in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Then i take a washcloth, run it under warm water, ring it out, then wipe my face. Everything is gone! After that I continue with my skincare routine.

I have tried other makeup removing wipes and they fail to get ride of my eyeliner and mascara completely. This works amazing and last much longer is cheaper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product! It slides all of my makeup off like a charm and leaves my skin feeling so soft! It gets even the most stubborn makeup off so easily! This is an old classic for a reason, definitely a good buy!

on 1/17/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A product that I will likely use for the rest of my life - and I don't say that lightly. I have oily skin but luckily I stopped paying attention to skin-care mantras like "OIL-BASED PRODUCTS IS BAD FOR OILY SKIN" a few years ago, so I was able to use this without hesitation.

For the first two weeks, I experienced small, minor break-outs - probably my skin getting used to the new foreign formula I lathered onto my face. It's been a month since then, however, and my skin is feeling (and looking) better than ever. No break-outs whatsoever.

Here is my routine: before I go to sleep, I lather a generous portion of the cream over my face then proceed to gently massage the eye area, making sure my eyelashes are also coated. Fast forward five minutes, I wipe off everything with a slightly damp kleenex and all of my make-up is removed (even my pesky mascara) and my skin feels so very soft and smooth.

I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Pond from older women. I would still buy it even if it were double the price, but I'm sure glad it's ridiculously cheap!

on 1/17/2015 7:26:00 AM

Love this stuff! I have acne prone combo skin, that reacts to almost all cleansers by breaking out or by instantly drying out. I use Ponds and otherwise use Micellar water. Anything else requiring rinsing causes my skin to become really dry, tight and itchy. This cold cream does NOT break me out and I'm extremely acne prone. I use on dry skin and either rinse in the shower or using a warm washcloth. Take the time to give yourself a nice face massage with it and you'll get nice results. I also recommend getting some baby wash clothes for washing this off, provides perfect exfoliation and removes every last trace of makeup. I use the cloth dry to remove the cream first, then rinse the cloth and continue wiping off with the damp cloth.

on 1/15/2015 11:51:00 PM

I have acne prone skin that until recently used to be oily as well. I suppose I am in transition or something because how can skin be oily and dry at the same time and still break out like crazy? I use Retin A Micro in the winter months (it causes photosensitivity and I have to wear heavy sunscreen which makes me break out even more, so I skip it in the summer months) that makes me flake and peel, so in desperation, I grabbed this cold cream. I was totally expecting it to make me break out, clog up my already congested skin, feel greasy, SOMETHING!! But it didn't. I've been using this religiously twice a day for the past two months and my breakouts are actually healing up. I tend to get the closed comedone type of acne and sometimes big cystic spots. It has not clogged my pores one bit. I love this stuff. It smells nice as well.

My routine: PM: if wearing makeup, I will get about a teaspoon sized amount and rub into my face and eye area and let it set while I brush my teeth or shower. I then use a very warm washcloth and wipe it off. I will then (in the evening) use a gentle face wash to get any leftover makeup off and go back in with the Ponds for a moisturizer. I allow that to absorb a bit then apply my Retin A Micro. If not wearing makeup, I will skip the face wash.

AM routine: Apply Ponds, wipe off with warm washcloth and use a Stridex pad on my problem areas. reapply Ponds to my dry areas.

Pro: cheap, nice scent, moisturizing, non greasy on skin, makes skin feel soft, easily removes makeup (even heavy foundation and mascara)

Cons: the tub is a no go for germaphobes. I am not one and my hands are clean before I dip into it, bit I can see how it would bother some. The opening is narrow so it is difficult to get to the product once you get toward the bottom of the jar, but I just use a clean spoon to scoop some out.

EDIT: It has now been a month since I began using the Ponds. After a two week period, I had a bunch of zits come to the surface, so I had a decent breakout. The came to a head quickly and healed quickly. My closed comedies are easier to remove and are lessening in number. I stuck with the Ponds and now my skin looks so lovely. I'm still getting some purging but it is so much better than before. My skin doesn't feel dry, itchy and isn't flaky as it usually is in winter. I really love this stuff.

on 1/14/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite face cleanser, i use it every night to take my makeup off and it feels very good not greasy it leaves a nice glow on your face..

I love this cleanser. Takes all my makeup off. Very gentle on the skin and helps clear mt brakeouts!

on 12/27/2014 6:13:00 PM

I love this cold cream. It removes my makeup with ease, smells great, and leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. I've even used this as a moisturizer on my face and hands at night during the drying winter months. Will purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Though I don't love this as much as Queen Helene Triple Whipped Cleanser, I do like it for what it is: A simple cold cream with a pleasant scent. The price, which varies by store, is pretty reasonable given how long cold cream generally lasts. I do find myself using more of this than I used of the QH variety, though I find the formulation slightly drier, or perhaps, less oily. I will give 4/5 lippies, mostly because it simply doesn't clean -quite- so well as the QH brand, and I have not had the same moisturizing results that I expected from a cold cream.

If I were unable to ever buy QHTWC again, this would be my standby (like I have a choice).

on 12/24/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Scent is wayyyy too strong. I think the amount of fragrance in this is what gave my face a slight burning sensation...especially around my mouth for some reason. It takes off makeup like no one's business, so I'll give it that!!