The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

on 1/6/2015 7:01:00 PM

My favourite mask ever!! It feels so refreshing when it is on (for first time users, this sensation might seem a little weird). During stressful times (ie. exam time), I start to break out on my forehead, and while they're never really big, they can be quite painful. Sometimes, I use the mask as a sort of spot treatment, and it feels great! I would recommend this to everyone and I buy it over and over each time I run out. =)

on 12/19/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have dehydrated-normal acne-prone skin, and I was hoping that this tea tree mask would help decrease the amount of acne I got. I didn't notice any difference in my acne after using it once a week over the course of a month, and I found it was uncomfortable to have on because it stung slightly. I'm familiar with how tea tree oil can tingle in products (I've used a spot treatment and shampoo with it before) and that can be somewhat pleasant, but the stinging of this face mask was uncomfortable.

With a decent mask, at the very least I can notice a difference when I rinse it off and maybe the day after but I saw no effect at all with this. It did leave my skin feeling tight though, so I needed extra moisturizer. Overall, this did nothing for me and I don't plan on purchasing or recommending it to anyone in the future.

on 12/16/2014 4:08:00 AM

The Body Shop "Tea Tree Face Mask" is one of my favourite masks. Works great for my acne prone combination skin with post acne blemishes. It's not over drying, and I love the fresh tingling feeling that has my skin feeling squeaky clean afterwards.

The price isn't bad compared to other leading brands and this mask contains organic tea tree oil. However, the packaging is rather unhygenic as you need to dig your fingers in the tub to use the product. If your nails are long, the mask sticks under them.

I would continue to buy this product and if they had to improve the packaging I would rate this 9.9/10. :)

on 12/12/2014 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

One of my friends gave this to me as a gift a few weeks ago. I've used it maybe three times since then, and each time it has left my skin absolutely glowing! I don't use it that often, maybe once or twice a week. It tingles and has a pretty intense smell, but I use straight tea tree oil as a spot treatment, so it doesn't really bother me all that much.
One of the best things about this mask is that it's not drying. Only recently has my skin been dry, and I've had to forgo the mud masks of my youth. This helps keep my skin clear without drying it out.
I wish it was in tube packaging, rather than a tub, because... Ew, germs. But the price is good, and the product is as well.

on 12/8/2014 5:35:00 AM

I normally don't suffer from a major blemished skin situation - but my skin has been looking terrible lately. I could see myself waking up every day with a new spot and it was freaking me out.

I have heard good things about the tea tree effect at calming the irritation and soothing the skin, so decided to give this mask a go as it was very affordable (around 1 USD smth for a sample sized pack).

It felt very fresh and tingly once on the skin, I gave it 10 min before rinsing off. Even though my face looked red right after, spots seemed to calm down in a bit. I did not see immediate results, however the next day my skin looked better. I could tell that no more blemishes appeared and there was a minor effect after all.

I did use this mask together with the actual tea tree oil from the same range and if you suffer from blemishes - I recommend JUST getting the oil itself and adding it to your skincare routine rather than spending money on this mask which helps only a little.

If you want a better review on this and other masks from the Body Shop range, I leave a good blog post below. Hope it helps!

on 10/27/2014 12:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this product EVERY week on the weekends. It keeps my skin under control. I love it.

on 10/15/2014 11:32:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. I have used the gel face wash & toner from this line for years & figured I would love the mask as well. Wrong! Like an Alzheimer's patient, I kept going back to this mask to try to like it, but every time I used it, all I ended up with was broken out skin. & NOT the purging type of acne. It just continually broke me out.

Bottom line: mask pretty much stinks, but the rest of this line is great!

on 10/7/2014 5:57:00 PM

Love this face mask! I have severely oily acne prone skin and I use this mask once a week, usually on a Sunday pamper night. It goes on easily and cools the skin down as it dries. It reduces spot size, redness and brings beneath the skin painful spots to the surface. I have been using the mask for about 6 months and I love it, inexpensive and the tub lasts around 3 months or so. After I wash off the mask my face is left smooth, clean and fresh. I then use the Estée Lauder ANR after. Such a good product and can be used lightly or thickly depending on the length of time you leave it on for. Great stuff, definite repurchase.

on 9/6/2014 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really really like this mask!
At first I thought it doesn't help much with my acne but when I didn't use it for a while I definitely noticed that it helped a lot!
When you put it on it instantly cools your skin and it kind of burns a little bit, I personally like that but i don't know about you. Over time it really helps my acne to clear up.
The packaging is ok, but not my absolute favorite because its in a pot.

on 7/18/2014 11:57:00 AM

This mask is quite wonderful. I must say I was pretty skeptical about it as I did use the tea tree face wash/toner/moisturizer kit a few months before and absolutely hated it. I did explain some of my issues with one of the associates at the store and she strongly suggested I use this mask as it is a once a week type of product rather than an every day thing like the others that had dried out my skin. I was pleasantly surprised by this. I cant tell you how much it gets rid of acne, but it does leave your face feeling very clean and refreshed. And my favourite thing about it is that it leaves your skin very oil free for a few days after use. I also love that it is suppose to stay moist while on your face, which is good for me as i find sometimes drying masks can irritate my skin more. The only reason I didnt give this product five stars is because it does have a very strong unpleasant smell in my opinion.