July 29, 2014 | 2074 users online

Eye Shadow - Milani - Marooned

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2005 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Siimie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Eh. I am not impressed with this shade or the quality of the shadow. I purchased it based on the reviews, and the fact that I love reddish shadows, but this one turned drab and murky on me... looked like a smeared out brown with a bit of rust color, dark and no luster. Also, it 'skips' on the skin, and I found smooth application difficult... definitely not creamy or powdery like the higher end shadows I'm used to (UD, mac, nars, stila). The color was a murky sister to Mac cranberry, but didn't translate out of the pot at ALL. I like how cheap these are, and may try another color, but this was a bust. boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2005 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Hetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The colors mentioned below are perfect descriptions (burgandy, plum, wine). I just wanted to add another positive vote for this color. I will vouch for this as a good green-eye color for sure. Not shimmery but also not flat or dull-just right!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

ok..im trying to get out of my brown e/s phase and i heard this really looks good on MMM asian skin so i was like...what the heck...its only $3 at ulta...but wow..it does look flattering!!!! it gives me very sultry burgundy eyes...for some odd reason...it doesnt apply quite evenly on my lid like the rest of the milani e/s so i have to use a fleshtone e/s base b4 putting this on....my only complaint is the packaging...i broke 2 nails in less than 1 minute for trying to pry this open!!!for reference,im C5/NC35

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2005 3:20:00 AM More reviews by MedusasSnakePit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love my Milani shadows. Such lovely, satin texture and superior blendability. I want to eat them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2005 5:50:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Marooned is a stunning color, I agree with all the great raves here! Very pigmented burgundy wine color that complements my hazel eyes (olive-neutral, LLL-MMM skin). I like to use this in my crease paired with neutral shades, and it is also stunning wet as a liner. If you want a knockoff, Jordana Wine looks very similar!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 4:22:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Marooned
This is HANDS DOWN the best drugstore e/s EVER! A decadent deep burgundy almost bordering on a rich brown. Iíve only used this in conjunction with MAC Romp e/s but I absolutely adored the way it looked! Itís one of my favorite everyday looks! Iím positive it would also look smashing as a liner. This has to be one of the most densely pigmented drugstore e/s Iíve ever used. If I had to recommend just one e/s to every one of my friends, this would be it! For $2.99, I might as well stock up in fear that one day Milani might not produce this shade anymore. This is a MUST HAVE! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by mercabee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fantastic with light green eyes. Wow! I use it as a liner, mostly, as I'm 50 and it has a slight shimmer (shimmer is death on older eyelids, uggggly). Really fabulous. I'll buy it again when I run out, which may not happen for a long long time. Milani eyeshadows are so good -- how in the world do they sell them for so little money?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love milani shadows. They stay on forever and is much better than a lot of department store shadows like lancome and Elizabeth arden, though i like those too.

This is gorgeous. I haven' worn it throughout the day yet but i have tried 2 other shades and they stayed 10+ hours. I have greasy oily lids too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

I LOVE this burgundy plum color! Very similar to MAC Sketch, but better IMO. Sketch doesn't blend well at all and has very little pigment payoff. This color is rich and easy to blend. A little more plum and less red than Sketch, but much prefered.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 9:42:00 AM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow wow wow. I just cant describe how much i love Milani shadows. this is one of the softer and easier blendable of the lot (even though most of them have awesome texture and blend great!). It comes out a smokey purpley maroon on me. I find it to be more on teh purple side then red but i still wear it with maroon for a gorgeous smokey eye. Also looks awesome in the crease paired with MAC trax. Quality is definately comparable to UD & MAC. better imo than Nars. More pigment but harder texture than stila. All in all a big thumbs up! :) (i paid 1.50 during the Ulta sale!)