August 22, 2014 | 1032 users online

Scrubs - Pro Activ - Deep Cleansing Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by dfisico

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my face and body every day in the shower and I love it. It`s the only product that`s been able to clear the acne on my arms and back, and I`ve tried many scrubs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser, I don't like the renewing cleanser though. I use this on my face, and it's great b/c It is a cleanser and a scrub, so it exfoliates as well and has salicylic acid in it, so it helps keep my face from breaking out. It's not drying either. I'm always trying new products, but keep coming back to this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

I used the regular Pro Activ (for the face) religiously a few years ago and it worked so well that I purchased this body wash. Even after regular Pro Activ stopped working for my face, this still works for my body.
I get acne mainly on my shoulders and chest. Just a few pimples here and there, but enough to make me self conscious. This stuff, when used every time I shower, had completely eliminated these pimples. My skin on my back and chest is clear, soft and smooth. I pray that this continues to work for me, because it's all that has worked for my troublesome areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by gingeragogo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I use it on my face twice a day, and on my chest in the shower. I couldn't stand the renewing cleanser; it made my skin red and scaly and I still got breakouts. This does not irritate my skin at all, and it exfoliates really well, which seems to be the key to keeping my skin clear. Other scrubs always seem to have the wrong texture. The grains are either too big or there are not enough of them to do any good. The deep cleansing wash is just right. Definitely my HG cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Court25

I hate this stuff. I used it in high school. It worked for about four months than completely stopped working. By that time I had signed up to get it in the mail automatically which was a huge mistake. I thought I wad maybe having a bad month. So by the time I figured out It was no longer going to work at all I had a couple of full unopened packages. Its expensive $40. It just does not work. Every time I see the infomercial I get mad and they put ads in a lot my catalogs. I wonder how many of those people it still works for or if it ever worked for them. I know those celebrities get paid like a million or two to be on them. I guess if someone offered me that much money I say it worked too. I know a lot of people who tried it. All of them said it did not work. Its a huge waste of money. If you have acne go to a dermatologist. That is what I did and my skin is clear now. If you have insurance it is cheaper to go to a dermatologist than to buy this crap. Plus you will have way more luck at a dermatologist.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I receive bundle kits of proactiv every few months, but I have been hesitant to try this product because Salicyclic Acid dries out my skin. I just decided to try it because a jumbo 8oz of this stuff was part of my last package. I just told myself, If I cant use it, my best friend can have it. I actually used this in the shower for body first, and LET ME TELL You, I love it. Its sorta minty, it scrubs gently, and didnt dry out my skin. Then I decided to use it on my face on time a week, and it really relieves congested pores. I love this soo much Im so glad i have 8oz of this stuff. Its huge. I even got my fiance using it for his backne and its clearing up. Yay! I dont think I have ever hated anything from proactiv.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by makeup32637

The exfoliating beads are too rough and harsh for your face, especially if you use it twice daily. Sometimes my face would hurt after using it. As soon as it clears up an area, you experience another break out or two in that same area and/or breakouts in other areas, and repeat cycle. So the progress feels like a "one step forward, two steps backward, one step forward, two steps backward" type of deal. And it damages your skin in other ways (micro-cuts, etc). This product was specially formulated for your body, despite it briefly mentioning that you can use it for your "face and body". The instructions on the back of the bottle even read "Apply to dampened skin on the BODY". You are better off with a gentler solution for your face. I would recommend this product for your body ONLY, since it's not a BAD product per se, and would yield better results on your body ... since the skin on your body can handle it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of only 2 products from from the ProActive line that I would consider purchasing again. The other is the Green Tea moisturizer. Im 43 and have been plagued with oily skin and cystic acne since puberty. I used this instead of the wash from the 3 piece system as it is a more effective cleanser and exfoliant. The minty tingle is refreshing and it leaves the skin soft and smooth. It can be harsh on sensitive skin especially if you rub too aggressively. I've since moved away from the ProActive line altogether, but would consider using this again as an occassional scrub treatment or to alternate with my current line.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Patricias100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It broke me out badly!!!

When I started using this product my skin was not too bad...but after using this product my skin got very dry, it sort of burns and I started to have more acne in my cheeks =(

I can say I hate this product...it ruined my skin =(

Don't recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by madisonnnsanttoli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I had a horrible breakout and within an hour it reduced it by 50%. I couldn't even believe it, this is the most amazing product ever! I was so pleased I went and bought the three-step system. It may be a little harsh, so I only use it when I have breakouts, and OMG it's incredible. You need to go guy this, seriously, get in your car and go buy this, it's the best face wash in the world!