Pro Activ Deep Cleansing Wash

3.8

Active Ingredient: salicylic acid 2%. Inactive Ingredients: water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, distearyl phthalic acid amide, polyethylene, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, jojoba esters, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, ammonium laureth sulfate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, menthol, butylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, fragrance (parfum), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used proactiv a long time ago and stopped using it. I never had bad skin but when I turned 23 I started with hormonal acne all over the lower part of my face... It was so bad I went back to proactive...

3 step system worked ok and cleared me up. I again broke out with the same problem all over the same cleared up, scarred area after getting pregnant and the 3 step system would no longer work for me.. It was almost like my skin became way to sensitive for it.

I had this deep cleansing wash sitting in my shower for the longest time after recieving it as a free gift when I went back to using the 3 step system.. I decided to give it a try.. It doesnt contain BP so I figured it might not be to harsh..

It worked great!! it cleared most of my hormonal acne up in such a short time frame.. I will not be repurchasing anything from proactiv except this product. I use it with my Clarisonic Mia in the morning and night.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Am I doing something wrong here? I never had back acne until high school when I got involved with drill team. I am 23 now and I purchased this over a year ago a small and a big bottle. Literally used every fluid ounce of both bottles religiously everyday and NOTHING happened. Am excited its worked for many but it didn't for me&idk what's different. I wouldn't recommend cause I'm still suffering.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing! I have the 3 step system, and it was working, but taking FOREVER to start really clearing me up. I finally used this stuff once on my face in the shower, and it cleared me up! I only used it once, and it was like a miracle. Love it<3 So now, i use it in place of the renewing cleanser. (: I totally recommend it & will definitely repurchase (:

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I quite using the 3 step system and just use this with a the night cream or green tea moisturizer.I ONLY use this on my face. I don't have body acne thanks to the pill but my sister uses this for that purpose and swears by it. I swear Proactiv just continues to sell the 3 step so people will use these 3 steps. You can get a sixteen ounce bottle of this for thirty dollars or an 8 ounce one for about twenty. This will last me well over a year. Much better than 45 every couple of months. I have used this for a week and it gets my face so much cleaner than the renewing cleanser. It removes my left over makeup, I don't even need the toner. (my cotton ball had zero stuff on it but it always did with the RC). U can get the DCW on Ebay or QVC, read the QVC reviews. So many people are just using this on their face alone without all the other proactiv crap and it works. I love proactiv don't get me wrong but the 3 step is a pain in the A**. My skin is stable on Yaz so I have been so sick of doing all the work. Please try this ladies and don't buy into to Proactiv saying that this doesn't work as well on the face because it doesnt contain BP. They just don't want to lose you as a paying customer for the 3 step. I'm off to update my 3 step review! Best of luck-I'm an avid Proactiv user, I swear I have tried and used alot of their other products so if anyone has questions just send me an email

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I use this on my face and body every day in the shower and I love it. It`s the only product that`s been able to clear the acne on my arms and back, and I`ve tried many scrubs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this cleanser, I don't like the renewing cleanser though. I use this on my face, and it's great b/c It is a cleanser and a scrub, so it exfoliates as well and has salicylic acid in it, so it helps keep my face from breaking out. It's not drying either. I'm always trying new products, but keep coming back to this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used the regular Pro Activ (for the face) religiously a few years ago and it worked so well that I purchased this body wash. Even after regular Pro Activ stopped working for my face, this still works for my body.
I get acne mainly on my shoulders and chest. Just a few pimples here and there, but enough to make me self conscious. This stuff, when used every time I shower, had completely eliminated these pimples. My skin on my back and chest is clear, soft and smooth. I pray that this continues to work for me, because it's all that has worked for my troublesome areas.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use it on my face twice a day, and on my chest in the shower. I couldn't stand the renewing cleanser; it made my skin red and scaly and I still got breakouts. This does not irritate my skin at all, and it exfoliates really well, which seems to be the key to keeping my skin clear. Other scrubs always seem to have the wrong texture. The grains are either too big or there are not enough of them to do any good. The deep cleansing wash is just right. Definitely my HG cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this stuff. I used it in high school. It worked for about four months than completely stopped working. By that time I had signed up to get it in the mail automatically which was a huge mistake. I thought I wad maybe having a bad month. So by the time I figured out It was no longer going to work at all I had a couple of full unopened packages. Its expensive $40. It just does not work. Every time I see the infomercial I get mad and they put ads in a lot my catalogs. I wonder how many of those people it still works for or if it ever worked for them. I know those celebrities get paid like a million or two to be on them. I guess if someone offered me that much money I say it worked too. I know a lot of people who tried it. All of them said it did not work. Its a huge waste of money. If you have acne go to a dermatologist. That is what I did and my skin is clear now. If you have insurance it is cheaper to go to a dermatologist than to buy this crap. Plus you will have way more luck at a dermatologist.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I receive bundle kits of proactiv every few months, but I have been hesitant to try this product because Salicyclic Acid dries out my skin. I just decided to try it because a jumbo 8oz of this stuff was part of my last package. I just told myself, If I cant use it, my best friend can have it. I actually used this in the shower for body first, and LET ME TELL You, I love it. Its sorta minty, it scrubs gently, and didnt dry out my skin. Then I decided to use it on my face on time a week, and it really relieves congested pores. I love this soo much Im so glad i have 8oz of this stuff. Its huge. I even got my fiance using it for his backne and its clearing up. Yay! I dont think I have ever hated anything from proactiv.