January 27, 2015 | 1236 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser a lot! I usually go with oil or foam cleansers so this was a nice change. I like how this is very gentle yet totally is helping my hormonal breakouts. I got one pimple on my cheek and it' so big and the kind if you pop it'll only be worse. This cleanser is making it go away by peeling layer by layer. I know gross, but hey this thing is almost gone! It's almost like a milk cleanser with the slightest bit of grit but it's soft. It isn't good for makeup removal but I wouldn't want an aha near my eyes anyway. I really like this because it is also evening out my skin tone. It doesn't feel stripped after I cleanse either. My skin feels super soft and ready for my serum and moisturizer.

I have the deluxe sample but before I run out I am ordering this because it will be wonderful for the warmer months. On top of that it has made my pores smaller, my blackheads are gone, my skin is clear, and really smooth. I am very happy with this product from Murad it's the first one where I want to go full size because I am seeing real results. Great cleanser! Totally Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Great, great exfoliator. I have a combination skin with an odd t-zone and hyperpigmentation that is my biggest concern.
I use this product every morning as my morning cleanser. And I love it! it cleans, leaves my skin glowing and reduces dark spots (well I also use other stuff for my dark patches so i assume it's the combination of all).
As others say, leave the product some minutes before rinsing, it will let the acids do their job.
An expensive product but that big tube will last forever ( 6 months with daily usage). Skin is happier with this stuff! Smoother, breakout-free.
A keeper, truly recommended.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by electriklady

Contains a powerhouse of active ingredients - eg salicylic acid, lactic acid and much more. Made my acne prone and very congested skin feel significantly smoother and less congested after just one use! Since using this 2-3 times a week for two months, (using Dr Bronner's castile soap the rest of the time), the texture of my skin has become soft and smooth and cystic acne has virtually stopped. It has also helped to lesson dark marks and discolouration from previous acne. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

This product was recommended to me as an anti-acne product due to the AHA/BHA ingredients. I ordered it online, and when I received the bottle, I was a bit alarmed. The bottle has verbiage to the effect of it being an "anti-aging" product. Typically, anti-aging product ingredients are not strong enough to keep my acne at bay, and sometimes, the products are too oily/moisturizing causing it to become worse. This product has the jojoba microbeads in it, but my skin hardly notices them, for better or worse. I prefer more scrubbing action, personally. Thankfully, my acne is "usually" under control, otherwise I firmly believe that this product would have made the situation worse. This is not a product for someone with very oily skin, looking to fend off acne and oil. The so-called microscrubbing beads do not scrub me, and the AHA/BHA ingredients aren't strong enough it seems to render any positive effect on the acne I do have. I fair better with the under $10 AcneFree cleanser from Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Layalina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have aging skin and occasionally also have acne and white bumps. This product has been great for my skin. My acne is controlled and my complexion is brighter. I have experienced no tightness, which I usually do after AHA products. I use it five times a week and always at night after I cleansed off my make-up. Because of the AHA/BHA, definitely use a high spf the next day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I use this about 2x a week. It's a great scrub and I notice a difference every time. My face is noticeably smoother and softer. I absolutely love this scrub. You need very little each time so a tube lasts a long time. It's a great investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sparkleplenti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I bought this because it was the only of the two cleansers in this age reform line available at the store, but soon realized it is not for daily use with my sensitive skin... it is perfect for 1-3 times a week. It gently polishes iany dead skin cell buildup and is fabulous in conjunction with daily use of the Refreshing cleanser I have another review on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this. It reminds me of the Lovely Skin cleanser but with little beads. The cleanser itself has exfoliating properties, but there aren't a ton of beads in it, so the scrubbing action is gentle. I use it once a week with my Clarisonic and it gives me very clear, clean skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this, but to me this is more of a scrub and I use it as such. It's gentle, fragrance free, rinses well, skin feels really soft, none of this tight feeling.I'm very wary of scrubs. Some cause more problems than they than they can possibly hope to solve.They.are so harsh and rough. But this is none of these.It is expensive, but I don't mind if a product is worth it and this certainly is.I wouldn't use this twice dailly though , like I say it's more of a scrub and should be treated as such. Over exfoliating can be harmful.Let's not confuse this with an AHA/BHA chemical exfoliator though. The ingredients do not remain on skin long enough. This is no more than a scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I waited a few months before writing a review for this product in order to make sure I could write a fair one. I believe I can.
I use this morning and night, usually, although there are some (few) days where I only use it once- I think that's trivial, though. The product is thick, white, and has little jojoba esters in it that I don't personally think are enough for exfoliating. I use a different scrub in order to truly exfoliate my skin if I feel the need. If you prefer very gentle, seemingly non-physical exfoliation, then this will be perfect for you as an exfoliator- it's just my personal preference to have a grainy scrub like St Ives.

Anyway, I do really like this cleanser. It leaves my skin glowing- really, really glowing- and crazy clean, although it can be drying (to be fair, I don't drink enough water and I don't moisturize, so take that with a grain of salt). At first I thought this product was breaking me out and stopped using it but once or twice a week. However, recently my skin has broken out like never before and I started using this consistently again, hoping to combat it. And it did! The breakouts are smaller, less inflamed, and there's less of them now than before- I think this cleanser has definitely helped in that.

I also have a huge problem with hyperpigmentation and have noticed that this cleanser seems to help with that problem, as well (: I tend to leave this cleanser on for a few minutes before washing it off, hoping to reap the full benefits in that respect. All in all I'd recommend it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No