Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Aqua Paradise

Price: $

on 7/6/2009 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have bought this exact shadow at least 3 times. It does last a while, since it's not a color I would do everyday, but I always feel the need to have it in my collection.

on 6/30/2009 12:59:00 PM

I bought this on a whim since I had a coupon and am pleasantly surprised. Color payoff is pretty bad by itself but if used wet and over a base, it's a really pretty shimmery blue- green. It has the same amount of sheen as HiP's Flashy (the light side) but has a bit more green to it (sorry for the crappy comparison!). I put No for repurchase because I bet it'll last a while.

Its ok. That's all I really have to say. You need alot to have any payoff, it doesn't last even with a primer, and it's not smooth at all. I can't use any of my brushes, I have to use the one that came with it which I just hate using in general. I don't recommend this to anybody.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Not bad at all for a drugstore ES! Aqua paradise is very impressively pigmented with high quality looking shimmer for a covergirl ES. Same color as MAC's LE Parrot, if not better because the color payoff is the same but this one is much more iridescent and shimmery. Bright color, fun to play with. Doesn't last an amazing amount of time, but it doesn't matter if you wear a base.

on 3/14/2008 1:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

ROP for pics++

I LOVE this shade. Its a very pigmented turquoise and I love how it looks on my skin tone. This shade goes with any occasion. I've worn it to a nice dinner, and today, as just an everyday shadow. I find that it lasts all day. Just make sure you use a primer first. I just use concealer and powder as a primer. It sticks well to it. A very flattering shadow for any lady

continued >>

The color of this eyeshadow is gorgeous, it's a really pretty turquoise. But the color is the only good thing about this eyeshadow. The texture sucks, if you try to blend it, it just fades off. Even with a good base it doesn't have good staying power and fades. I got this a few years ago and used it for the first time in a while today, now I remember why I stopped using it in the first place. I deffinantly won't be buying more of Cover Girl's eyeshadows.

on 11/27/2007 10:09:00 PM

I usually wear neutral eyeshadows but I wanted to try something different and this looked like a gorgeous color. In the pan it looks aqua blue green with shimmer. Once I tried it, I still liked it-I don't care for intense color that you can see from a mile away so I tried it as a sheer wash and it very pretty. However, there is no shimmer to be seen. Also, it creased like crazy-within an hour. The applicator that came with it is beyond crappy-I felt like I was poking my eyelid. This is my first Cover Girl eyeshadow and I'm not impressed at all. Wouldn't repurchase however I will probably try to find simular color elsewhere.

on 9/16/2007 1:45:00 PM

It's an okay eyeshadow but the color payoff isn't very much. I have to layer on so much just to get the payoff. However, I do like the results because it's a shimmery teal/greenish color that is very pretty. I just hate having to layer it on so much since it gets messy. Sometimes I have to layer on Jane's Eyezing in Millionaire to intensify the color a bit more since the two colors are so similar (each on its own is a sheer wash but together it works).

on 8/24/2007 1:33:00 PM

This is either suppose to be a dupe for MAC Shimmermoss or Blue Absinthe in a lot of reviews. I don't own Shimmermoss or Blue Absinthe, I've only seen pictures but they look too similar to eachother with slight differences in blue/green hues but overall two colors that are too much alike for me to buy both.

I took a gamble on this eyeshadow because I was able to find Aqua Paradise in the old CG color pot form meaning I have the 26mm round metal pan form of this eyeshadow that conveniently fits into mac palettes and cost me a clearance price of $1 on ebay :) I figured I have nothing to lose no matter how bad this could be.

Surprisingly, Aqua Paradise is a very dimensional eyeshadow for something that can be purchased at a drugstore. It's a light blue/green with a gold/green sheen so it looks different in many angles. It's a fun shadow to play around with and should be a staple for anyone who loves blues/teals/water-like colors. This is one of those shadows that are good for layering on top of other colors :)

I doubt I'll purchase either of the MAC colors now since this cost me a dollar and is well worth beyond the price I paid (I don't see myself needing 3 at once). This is one of the smooth velvety eyeshadows from Covergirl so don't worry about this being a gritty mess because it's not! It's very easy to apply, pigmented, and most of all fun :) Try to find this in the color pot form! it makes life more simple. I frankly don't like the original packaging for covergirl shadows. I'm well aware you get more product but it's just very difficult to store them.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is such a pretty color! some of the cover girl eyeshadows have a strange texture but this one is velvety and perfect. it looks so pretty as a bottom liner, if your someone (like me) who likes to experiment with colors. i always call this one my mermaid eye shadow because it has that beautiful aqua shimmer. this is truly an awesome shadow!