October 23, 2014 | 1811 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Clean Make Up

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by nainaik

I got Cover Girl Clean Oil Control for my minorly oily skin, and I love it. It looks natural and flawless. My drugstore must-have!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by lucid_nightmare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation turned way orange on me. At first I thought it had gone bad because of the nasty smell, but reading the other reviews I see I'm not the only one to notice. The glass bottle makes me nervous about dropping it. Cover Girl makes other nice products, but holy cow did they strike out here. At least I didn't waste too much money on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Dee542

This foundation is really awful!! I have very fair skin and bought the lightest shade only to find that it was very orange. And even if you can get the right colour it is very watery, does not cover and slips off your face in a couple of hours while going even more orange! It is also very highly perfumed and stinks like bad medicine, and I am the sort of person who is very tolerant to smells but this is the worst I have encountered. Im glad some people liked this but I thought it was terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ShannonEmily123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is an absolute disaster aha. The colours are reaaally orange. I don't think they match anyones skin tone. (Unless your skin is orange of course.) The packaging is terrible! No pump,no squeezy bottle. No nothing. Just a glass bottle,that you have to tip upside down to get the liquid out. The consistency is thick thick thick. It stinks of this really disgusting smell,more like a medicine smell than a foundation smell. Ew.It did absolutely nothing for me,i am actually disgraced at Cover Girl for releasing this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

Ugh ugh ugh ugh!!! I had the worst experience with this makeup. I am happy to hear that some have luck with it, because it made my skin break out SO BAD!! My skin is breakout prone, but it was behaving and clearing up, and ever since using this practically ever pore in my face is clogged. I know it says non-comedogenic, but for me it was definitely not because I broke out so bad. I have to say, it didn't make my skin feel greasy but it did make my skin look cakey. I also didn't like the smell. I would never repurchase, and now I have to find something that will clear up my skin. Use with caution!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by skeeter04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was using an Avon foundation which was a "clean" foundation like this so when it came time to get more makeup I looked for something basic. I wanted a makeup that would leave a clean look, didnt cake, wouldnt clog pores orcause mynose and chin to get oily. I also didnt want to spend $8 or $9 for a bottle of makeup. And this product does that. I use it everyday. It covers good, never looks cakey, in fact you usually cant even tell Im wearing it. It doesnt rub off or cause my skin to feel greasy even when im sweating. This is a good basic foundation for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let's get to the point: this product is great. The actual product. Now the packaging...that's another story.

I got this foundation for Halloween in the second to lightest shade I believe, I wanted porcelain skin for my costume. However, I didn't pack it with my makeup and wasn't able to use it for the occasion, so I figured I'd just try it for everyday use. It's a wonderful match to my skin tone, I'd say as close to perfect as you can get. If you're on the lighter side of the skin tone spectrum I think you'll be able to find a shade for yourself.

Now, the glass bottle: no. The packaging is cute and compact, in that unique Cover Girl shape. But the foundation does not easily come out. I think it's because the glass is so thick that the product has a tough time getting to room temperature, so it just stays colder and harder to come out. Just shake it a lot, or pull some of the product out with a q-tip (though that's kind of a hasty use of q-tips that could probbbbably be put to better use).

It's a great coverage that feels absolutely natural and stays on well (that is after using primer, then setting it with a setting mist). I use a stippling brush or a fluffy face brush (one typically used for powder) to apply this. It blends easily!

I would recommend this for everyday use. The product itself is great, it's the fact that it's timely to get out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this recently after using the Covergirl Trublend makeup for a few months... that product was a little bit cakey looking so I decided to try this one out because I am on a budget.

At first I was really annoyed with the way the product "dispenses" or in actuality, doesn't dispense. It is hard to get the product out of the bottle HOWEVER I found out that the size of the opening is the same size as the Trublend foundation and the pump fits in perfectly. So I recommend transferring the pump from your Trublend to the Clean if it really bugs you... this way you can use every drop of foundation in the bottle easily.

It has an odd smell (sort of floral) but its not that big of a deal to me.

I really like the look of this foundation. It matches my skin tone (510 Classic Ivory), leaves a nice finish to my skin and doesn't look like I am wearing makeup. Will probably buy a couple of backup bottles just in case this stuff gets discontinued (which I hope it doesn't).

Edit:
Over time I have moved on to other things... I won't be purchasing this item anymore for myself... however I think it may still be good for some people.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Amy103

This makeup is horrible! It highlights any imperfections (acne) and it looks cakey (even when just a little is applied). I purchased this foundation for about $5 the price was reasonable for a drugstore foundation, but the quality was a no no .The packaging... wow just horrible, i tried to get a tiny amount out and the whole thing came pouring out :/ An just to top it all off, i got 2 huge pimples on my forehead after just 3 uses. :/

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by persiangal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutly despise this product! it is horrible. I am very disappointed in covergirl, this foundation is way too cakey. In the middle of the day my face gets so shiny its disgusting! after a few days of wearing this i had 4 new pimples on my face!! the packagin sucks it has no pump so sometimes i accidently used too much. Overall this sucks I dont think anyone should use this because its cheap.