November 22, 2014 | 1866 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by slnewman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! This ruined my face. I was looking for a toner, so i bought this hoping it would work well. i have NEVER been so upset by a skin care product in my life! My face is blotchy and red with hundreds of little bumps everywhere! This gave me the worst breakout i've ever had and i'm no stranger to massive acne breakouts. This is liquid acid. Stay FAR FAR away from this if your skin is sensitive in any way.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Karebearia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This toner was very harsh and dried out my skin. Felt like my face was wrapped in cling wrap. I have very large noticeable pores near my nose and on my cheeks, thought this would "refine" my pores...Nope. The next day, there were small acne bumps on my cheeks and forehead..I've heard that it takes time for your skin to adjust to new products, so I stuck with it for another week. My skin only got worse. So I had to pour the whole thing down the drain. Never touching this toner again. Not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by HotPinkLips101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love neutrogena products, but, as far as helping with pore size, didn't do nothing, in fact my pores are bigger than ever...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by babyro0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always have a hard time finding a toner that I actually like, I have tried many other Brands, including the Dickinsons witch hazel pore perfecting toner, which I hated, because it stank and was unbearable. After throwing away my witch hazel I went and bought this, as I'm a huge fan of Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes, as well as their Acne Stress Control Toner and enjoyed it.

The first time I used this product, it didn't sting my face, I do use a toner twice a day because of my combination skin, once in the morning, then once at night to help with foundation/concealer removal. After using it for a couple of days, it did begin to sting, and I noticed it was very drying. It did make my pores smaller in appearance, however, even after applying moisturizer and primer to my face, my foundation refuses to go on evenly after using this product. I use The Smashbox Toner to even out red skin, as well as Urban Decays Naked Skin and Naked Concealer. They are high end brands, I paid a lot for them, and haven't had problems until I started Using this.

Bottom line, this product isn't great, it does, however smell pleasant, I use it only once a day now at night before applying my Jergens Cold Cream to rehydrate my skin while I sleep. I would recommend it to someone who has nicer skin to start with, as it may help you, however, it didn't help me at all.

I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ1973

Despite being unable to use this product in my teens and early 20's, I decided to give it another try now years later..and to my surprise it is wonderful! The alcohol and AHA's were far too harsh for my sensitive acne prone skin 10 or 20 years ago, but now I am in love with this product! Love how my skin feels tighter and pores are noticeably smaller! I am so pleased that I decided to try this product once again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok toner! When I'm out, I will probably purchase others to try them but still would like to use this one too. I've been using it since the summer, so going on at least 6 months now. I still have half of the bottle & I use it every night after my Clarisonic. I haven't noticed it drying my skin out at all. I have oily to combo skin. When I started using this in the summer months(when I'm more oily), I did notice that it helped control my oil some. I haven't noticed a difference in my pores at all but after I use it my skin does feel nice & smooth. This is definitely a nice toner & very reasonably priced!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Dmmeyer4

This toner dried out my skin badly, and after a week had me if breaking out terribly. In the case of a toner I'm looking for something much more gentle. This toner was very harsh

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by veelui

update,the toner works fine, i only use it on my forehead and nose. i poured it out into a travel sized bottle and after a day or 2, they are salt crystals along the opening pour spout are. i guess the sodium content is really high? i think its weird as ive never seen jt before

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by NATBEAUT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a nice product. I wanted to buy the Alcohol Free Toner but the shop I was at ran out if it, so i bought this one instead. I was worried that the acids content would sting my sensitive dry face, but it never did so far, it is very gentle and refreshing. I use this only night and when I wake up in the morning my skin is looking fresh and glowy, not sure if it is thanks to this toner particularly but so far my regime is working well for me.
Only complaint I have about this toner is that it doesn't apply smoothly, I feel like i am dragging the cotton across my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't horrible, but I cannot recommend it.

-1- The concentration of acids seems very weak. I realize it's an OTC product available from any drugstore, but still. All you feel is the alcohol going to work - not the glycolic acid or SA.
-2- I am fine with some alcohol in products, but I feel this one has a bit too much unless you're quite oily or are specifically looking for a toner that will assist in the cleansing process.
-3- It didn't help with my acne, and my sense is it might have made it worse.