April 19, 2014 | 1048 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by dhook

I've got bad combination skin - boarders on oily during the summer. Got a bottle to try & began using intermittently - didn't notice much other than the oiliness was reduced slightly. Once I started using day & night with my skin routine, it really cut down the oiliness, and yeah, I noticed that it had made some difference on my pores.. I think once you find a routine to fit this product into then it does do some nice work.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this toner for a week, wanting to find a less expensive alternative to my Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 staple.

Well, the first couple of days my skin looked great. By day 7, my skin went on the fritz and blemishes started popping up everywhere. So I d/c use immediately. Too bad, I really wanted to like this one.

Maybe I will give it another try later after I have rehabilitated my poor skin, and alternate it with the Clinique. The hydroxy acids might just be too much all at once.

On a side note, I like that it contains no added colors, but wish it were fragrance-free too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Mercedes2xo

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner. Visibly reduces the appearance of pores and refines skin. Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula.

Purchased at Target for $5.99 USD excluding tax. IT WAS ON SALE. Regularly $8.99 (Buffalo, NY)
8.5 fluid ounces (250ml)
I'm already on my second bottle!
Pros:
•Has a light smell that doesn't irritate my nose
•Only broke me out the first 3 days of using it. That's normal for any new product I try though
•Lasted me 1-2 months, I used it every single morning and night
•Didn't make me oily, left a matte finish (Surprising, because I have outrageously oily skin)
•When I had a pimple, it didn't leave a burning feel on it
•Packaging is nice, personally it looks like a product for someone older than my age lol

Cons:
•Didn't reduce the appearance of my large pores what so ever
•Kind of expensive in my opinion
•Says right on the bottle "Sunburn Alert: This product contains alpha Hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn..... etc" That's not good for my skin because I burn incredibly easy. I always wear sunscreen, but I doubled the amount while using this

Overall:
It's a great toner, it just doesn't actually reduce the appearance of pores. It left my face nice and smooth tho :)

Will I repurchase?:
Already did (only because it was on sale again and I had a coupon.)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by 1kimchan

it works!
burns a little -- and made my face slightly red .
i have sensitive skin. BUt i feel like the alcohol may help me kill/ get rid of little bumps/mini pimples.

i keep using it, because it may help clear up my skin. We'll see if my breakouts are less after consistent use of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by nefertina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good toner. I was in search for a new toner/astringent since I was using the clean and clear one which BURNED my skin. This toner feels good on the skin and doesn't leave if feeling dry OR oily. Definitely recommend this product for acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Despite the protests from the eco warrior sitting on my shoulder, this toner is really working for my skin. I used to wake up to new blemishes every morning and would also develop them throughout the day but this has completely cleared them away. I still have blackheads on my nose, which are stubborn as muck anyway, but this at least helps to really loosen them up and make them easier to extract.

My skin is now as smooth as marble and also looks a lot more refined due to the glycolic acid and I have been able to cut down on foundation and concealer. This has also controlled oil; before this my face was oily after only a couple of hours, with and without makeup, but now I can go all day without blotting or powdering!

I've knocked a star off the rating because I'm concerned about some of the ingredients in there, I'm usually extremely careful and using this is breaking some of my non-toxic rules!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this toner. It is not too drying, which is very important to me. I don't think its done much for pore size. But it makes my face feel nice and clean without drying it out. I'm about to run out of my first bottle and will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

I'm VERY surprised on the negative reviews, so sorry for those who got the bad side effects from this, but tbh i love this thing!
my face is less oilier but still moist and hydrated. i have had dried out skin from only 2% salicylic acid before and i guess it was because i didn't balance it with moisturizer, so this time i actually put on moisturizer instead of just leaving it be, and it works perfectly :)
price is pretty good for the quantity and the quality so I'm pretty happy about this :D

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do not use if you are using BP, salicylic acid or glycolic acid/AHA or tretinion etc. anything that stimulates skin peeling. it STINGS. The fragrance was so strong, that alone made me decide to return it to the store.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cat3542

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ouch! Talk about dry, and irritated skin after using this product! I was very hopeful and expecting of this toner to do as advertised--wrong! Not only did it cause me to break out, my skin developed an awful rash which made my chin area extremely red and my forehead ridiculously oily! If you have acne-prone and very oily skin such as myself, steer away from this toner and try something which is alcohol-free. For example, Clinique's "Mild" Clarifying lotion, not numbers 1-4 of their infamous 3 step system. I love Neutrogena, but this was just not for me.