Physicians Formula Illuminating Powder /Translucent

3.5

on 2/25/2005 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My face looks radiance. It can feel a bit oily though but I really like how it looks on my face. The packaging is lovely.

on 4/5/2004 1:40:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I absolutely love this product! I'm very fair-skinned and have a problem finding a powder that is truly translucent or at least matches my skin color. Not only does this powder control oil, it also doesn't turn my face a weird color. The tiny particles of silver shimmer really do add an illuminating quality without looking too shiny or flashy. The only downside is the fact that it does crumble very easily. I have already repurchased this once and plan to do so over and over again!

on 2/21/2004 9:35:00 PM

This is a beautifully packaged powder - but didn't seem to control my oil very well nor did it "illuminate" much at all. Also the middle of the powder crumbled long before the outer ring of powder was gone. I thought it was a bit pricey for what I got. I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 2/4/2004 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I picked this up because I was looking for something with a hint of sheen to set my makeup. Using illuminating liquids (foundations, moisturizers) is all very well, but if you cover the whole thing with matte powder, what have you got? Matte face. Hence this little gem, which has crap packaging, but who cares? I prefer my own puffs/powder brushes anyway. It works great, just a lovely bit of overall sheen, nothing crass or teen glitter queen about it. Not only will I repurchase, I'm going to CVS to buy them out as long as they're 50% off!

on 1/24/2004 6:45:00 PM

Was pretty expensive for what you got. Didn't like the consistency and I didn't think it shimmered very much at all. I wasn't looking for a lot of sparkle but I wanted more than I got.

on 10/4/2003 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This powder is alright, but really nothing special. It is a good pressed powder with shimmer, but you really don't get much shimmer, so I don't know that I could say it is illuminating. I don't think this is a bad product, but it really doesn't ring my bell.

on 4/18/2003 12:58:00 PM

Fine milled powder that gives a subtle glow. Very smooth and has attractive, feminine packaging. Only beef with this product (and most PF compact products) is that they tend to crumble so handle with care. It is a staple for me.

Recommended for Normal Skin