Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 9/3/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

HORRIBLE PRODUCT. I thought it would leave my face dewy and glowing but it went on streaky, has weird shimmer, does not allow foundation to go on well, and eventually separates from the foundation through the course of the day. I had NEVER used a worst makeup product in my life. if i could take this product and toss it into the pit of hell, I would.

on 8/31/2014 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This primer is too oily for me. However, this did not cause any break out or clogged pores. Shiny face after 3 hours :P

It can hold my laura mercier oil free moisturizer well.

on 8/3/2014 8:16:00 AM

I've been using this product for a year now but just because first, it is freaking hard to find a good primer able to control my oily skin and this one is one of the few primers that doesn't irritate my skin and because it was quite expensive and I don't wanna waste it), even if one of the first ingredients is silicon. It makes my skin really oily but the products that I use after are able to make my skin look matte. Average. Nothing else.

on 7/29/2014 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got it around Christmas so they gave me 2 free travel-sized versions. So thankful.

A mediocre primer. All I can say is that it is not really amazing. This prolongs makeup and prevents it from shifting though. If you put on setting powder, it makes the loose powder stand out and whitens your face a few shades. There's something off with the formula because this makes my makeup have weird pigmentation.

on 7/5/2014 3:48:00 PM

Thankfully I only got a sample of this from Sephora, because after only 2 days of use, I began to break out with it. The saleswoman insisted it would be fine on my skin, but not only did it not help my makeup last longer, but I constantly broke out - and I haven't had that happen in years!

I would definitely not purchase this. If you have acne prone skin, do yourself a favour and skip this altogether.

I'm still searching for the perfect face primer.

on 7/4/2014 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product as the person at sephora said it works really well for people with oily skin. But, not only does this product make my face even more oily compared to when I don't even use a primer, it also makes my makeup look cakey. I would not repurchase this product!

Doesn't do anything that great for me. The only thing I noticed is it seems to break me out. Be careful acne-prone ladies!

on 4/11/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Im really surprised that this primer has not received better reviews. I love this primer and find my make up holds all day, I have tried various primers and have yet to find one I prefer! I use this everyday and its my all time fave. I have normal to dry skin and I feel the primer helps with the odd dry patch. I would recommend this product to anyone. I use this product in my kit and everyone I have used it on comments on how well their make up lasted.

on 4/3/2014 12:14:00 AM

Don't waste your money on this primer. It made my face more shiny/oily. The Foundation Primer Radiance is slightly better, but not that fantastic either.

A full-sized tube of Laura Mercier primer takes forever to use. Good value for the money spent unless it doesn't work for you.

on 2/24/2014 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I think the oil-free version works better for combination skin. It's a got a bit of a smell that took a while to get used to. I'm not done with this tube and I'm already looking for a new primer.

Popular Primer/ Correctors