July 30, 2014 | 1485 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Double Twist clear base/top coat

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathemuppet

Wonderful. Revlon had about 4 or 5 base & top coats to choose from, and I'm glad I chose this one. I slipped it on top of 2 very thickly applied coats of sparkly blue Revlon nail polish, and it not only gave my nails a chip resistant shield, but it also made them dry super fast. My nails are smooth as silk. I love this stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2005 1:29:00 AM More reviews by linlee

My favorite base and top coat. I used it with OPI, Revlon and Avon polish and it definitely extends the life of my pedicure.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2005 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Poemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I noticed that this makes my nails more brittle as a base coat, and as a top coat, it ends up stripping my nail color off while I put it on! And the nail color was Revlon, too! Not like it was a different brand and incompatible. So I'm not to fond of this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with the Revlon french manicure kit. I hated the kit but loved this top coat. It's so easy to apply and doesn't matter much if you go out of your nail line because it's clear. It's super shiny and lasts for about a week. Also dries in five minutes. I don't know if it makes nail polish last longer but it looks very pretty by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2004 5:23:00 PM More reviews by fina575

This is the best top coat I have ever used. I've used it only as a top coat on Essie, Revlon, and Chanel nail polish and it makes my manicures and pedicures last longer. It rarely chips and I type all day. Highly recommend this if you want your polish to last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 1:09:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

I don't care what the defectors say, this stuff rocks. I put on the base coat on both toes and fingers and it immediately creates a much smoother surface on which to work. As a top coat, this protects the color and keeps it from chipping like crazy, really awesome shine too! Also, this is a very economical buy because of its doubling capability. A terrific product, don't know what I'll do if they ever discontinue this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2002 9:13:00 AM More reviews by FL_peach

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only use this as a top coat - it gives nice shine. I used it once as a base and top coat, and my polish peeled off in the shower. If I apply my thinner polishes as follows : color, Double Twist, color, Double Twist, they last without chipping FOREVER.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2001 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second fave base and top coat (first being the amazing Sally Hansen). It preps my nails for polish by making them smooth and strong. My polish lasts for at least 5-7 days with this top coat, so I am nothing but pleased with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2001 2:46:00 AM More reviews by CindyLou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed with this product. The consistency was difficult to work with. It made it harder to apply my nailpolish when I used it as a basecoat. Also, the whole reason one USES a topcoat was to protect your nailcolor...instead, I've found that using this as a topcoat makes my nailcolor chip off SOONER. not a good product, though I give it a two for trying to be versatile.