September 20, 2014 | 1714 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Super Shiney high gloss top coat

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ninarg531

I rushed out to Ulta after reading great reviews on here and applied this top coat to my two-day-old mani on Tuesday. It went on smooth and glossy, but I wanted to give it a fair review, so I waited to see how long the shine would last before dulling. I had been using Orly's Top 2 Bottom as both a base coat and top coat, and though it's amazingly shiny, I'm left with dingy, dull nails if I don't reapply it after two days. But through numerous water baths (I work at a salon), Thanksgiving dinner preparation, and housecleaning, my nails are just as glossy on Sunday as they were at first with Super Shiney. My only complaint (as someone previously posted) is that it doesn't self-level and the bottle is small for the price. I also have a little wear on my edges, but that's nothing abnormal. As long as my nails are shiny, I don't mind fixing a few nicks. So, I've found my HG top coat. If you want long-lasting, designer-gloss nails, Super Shiney is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by cyberkaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I finally did get to try this, and I must say...I am very impressed. It really does give your nails a fabulous shine, better than any top coat I've tried in the past. It takes a while to dry because it isn't a fast-drying formula, but honestly...it doesn't take any longer to dry than any other brands of nail polishes I have used. That said, I was just a bit disappointed in the fact that it does not self level to correct those little mistakes one makes when applying polish, ie., streaks, bubbles, etc. I will definitely purchase this product again just the same. I do love the shine, and I'm also very pleased that it is big 3 free.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by missyd915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably about the shiniest topcoat out there i'd say, ive currently got this on my pedicure and seche vite on my manicure and it's shinier than the seche vite. I use this when i am taking time over my nails in the morning or afternoon as it's not a quick dry one but although im careful for a while i didn't find the drying time as bad i thought. This is also great for freshening any mani/pedi and adding that freshly done shine. Would buy again if ever runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I love this product. I started using it years ago on the recommendation of a manicurist, and have kept using it, stockpiling it when I can find it (I've been lucky enough to get a salon sized bottle really cheaply, which will keep me going for a while). I think it's much better than other top coats I've used, and I've tried other ones but keep coming back to this one - it makes my nails so shiny, doesn't absorb the colour from the polish like the OPI ones I've used have, and lengthens the lifespan of my manicures. Will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by irielove420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS! It dries pretty quick, keeps my nails chip-free for a week and makes my nails looks like glass because they're so shiney

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by AbsolutelyCold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only top coat I use. Even though I wanted to try the matte nail color trend I couldn't stop myself from using this top coat. I love how shiny my nails look with this. They look wet and fancy with this stuff; I ALWAYS have a back up bottle in my fridge. Plus, it makes a mani -or- pedi last a very long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by pocky

I bought this for touching up in between manicures and not as my topcoat over a fresh mani. It is indeed super shiney and dries very hard. However, the purple tinted polish ruins the color of my natural manis. It doesn't matter so much if worn over a very dark polish but it completely changed Bubble Bath. I noticed the difference right away and I did not like it :-( I think I'll stick to my Chanel topcoat for touching up my mani. At least it's clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by amylei333

Holy cow, I can't believe how awesome this brand is. I have tried so many brands of top coats and base coats (OPI, Seche, Orly, Sally Hansen), and Creative is BY FAR the superior brand. I figured I'd try this brand but it would be just like everything else. Boy, was I wrong! I used Creative Sticky as a base, then 2 coats of OPI, then two coats of Creative Super Shiney. Every evening I apply another thin coat of Super Shiney to extend the wear. I'm on day 5 and my nails look awesome. Very minimal chipping throughout the week - nothing that wasn't easy to spot re-apply. With other brands, by day 5 I would consistently have moderate chipping and often shrinkage where the paint was actually peeling off. But not with this! The Super Shiney is not overly thick and doesn't seem to cause shrinkage or excessive build up when reapplied daily. I'm extremely impressed, and can easily say that the combination of Creative Sticky and Creative Super Shiney is truly a HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by rbrown4

my HG top coat!!! LOVE this product! It keeps my nails super shiny & chip free for DAYS. My usual routine is a base coat of CND Stickey, 2 coats of OPI color, wait 10 minutes & then apply my Super Shiney, wait another 5 minutes & finish with CND Dry and Shine and I'm out the door. I've never had a problem with smudges, nicks, or sheet marks IF I follow that routine. CND Dry & Shine is a MUST IMO with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by amarose

Huge Rave! As great as Seche Vite can be, this is better. SV just gets too thick too quickly (even using Restore) and only rarely do I master the application so that all 10 nails come out without clumps or bubbles. It's just not worth it. This was much thinner, so it applied easily, and combined with the CND Dry and Shine, it dried quickly. I am really, really pleased. I like the quick dry topcoats, but they seem to cause my polish to crack after a couple of days. This is the best of both worlds - definitely one of the shiniest topcoats I have ever seen, and it dries quickly. My nails look and feel like glass - it's awesome!